BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Waggott's message to all Rovers fans

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thank You for your eloquent message of Festive greetings Steve, I would like to wish both yourself, your family and everyone else connected with Blackburn Rovers, a very happy Christmas too. BRFC is like a second family to me, along with thousands of others of kindred spirit; Blue and White blood runs through our veins. The family aspect is more apparent and further, endorsed by the fact, that many of us are only the last members of  past generations of Rovers followers, some of who can trace the association with The Club almost to its' birth in 1875. It's part of our personal history and heritage.

I would like to wish you and your family a very Happy Christmas, along with everyone else associated with Blackburn Rovers. If this was a Christmas card, I would endorse it 'with lot's of love 'darrenrover', as I would with other close members of my family.

Thank you to the Rao's too for the past 3 years, many would have 'cut and run' by now.

Here's hoping that 1st January 2021 brings a new dawn, the defeat of this horrific pandemic, resulting in fans being able to return to Ewood once again and renew acquaintances with lost friends. 

Again, merry Christmas Steve and here's hoping that 2021 is a year of change, based upon a desire to continually strive to improve.

Best wishes

COYB!!

WE ARE The Rovers!!

RTID!!

Edited by darrenrover

On 25/12/2020 at 20:41, Norbert Rassragr said:

Those people are the reason Mars bars get smaller, and cost more all the time. That's the politest way I can put it. They think this is 'our level' and are happy being really mediocre.

Yes. Piss off Steve.

When he saluted the commitment of the 2500 heroes who renewed their season tickets he omitted to mention that they did it despite him raising prices by up to 25% for a season when they couldn't even attend.

When he takes a small reduction in his salary to reflect our reduced income, when he gets round to not raising prices in the middle of a pandemic when most are struggling financially, when finally he gets round to renewing the contracts of our better players, when he finally starts offloading deadwood like Evans and Bennett and not hailing their potential return, when he sacks his useless mate and when we stop hearing comments like the Club were expecting a quiet transfer window in January...........

then and only then might we start to believe that he shares the same hopes and expectations of the fans and that we are actually "in it together".

The one thing I do agree about is the commitment of the owners, but sadly it's going to waste as they're having the wool pulled over their eyes by these two.

• Like 2

At £400 a go the first 750 season ticket holders cover swag’s £300,000 salary. Don’t know Mowbray salary but it’s suggested that the average salary of a  manager in the championship is £878,000. So assuming it’s at exactly the average (suspect more) the remaining 1,750 season ticket holders will only pay 80% of Mowbray’s salary.

When look at it in those terms the season ticket money goes nowhere. Plus there’s kids rates in there as well. I’m sure another 500 ish season ticket holders would be brilliant to them so that both their salaries are covered. That’s the main thing. 

• Backroom
11 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The one thing I do agree about is the commitment of the owners, but sadly it's going to waste as they're having the wool pulled over their eyes by these two.

If they are still having the wool pulled over their eyes by employees after owning the club for 10 years then they are clearly the problem, not Mowbray or Waggott. They either don't care enough or don't have the necessary skills to be in charge of a football club. Either way it spells continued mediocrity at best for Rovers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Even things like this where they are seemingly trying to be inventive just seem well off the mark. Surely such a prize could be a reward for those who have bought season tickets in uncertain times, who is seriously going to spend £100 in January amidst a pandemic on overpriced tat in the club shop?

• Like 6

15 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Even things like this where they are seemingly trying to be inventive just seem well off the mark. Surely such a prize could be a reward for those who have bought season tickets in uncertain times, who is seriously going to spend £100 in January amidst a pandemic on overpriced tat in the club shop?

Probably not many people at all - which would mean you'd have a reasonable chance of winning if you did?

15 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I was massively pissed off with the club over the efl “weekend game” call for one of the Christmas fixtures (can’t remember which off top of head)

They wanted the extra tenner and blamed efl for calling it a weekend away game midweek. The club could of covered all season ticket holders as a gesture for 20/30k.

Instead they gave me another £10 off next seasons total pass that I have to redeem. Empty gesture.

I appreciate some aspects of our financial day to day must be precarious at present but I think the club could do a lot more for fans who’ve shelled out nearly 500 to only dream about ever sitting in a stadium again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JBiz said:

I was massively pissed off with the club over the efl “weekend game” call for one of the Christmas fixtures (can’t remember which off top of head)

They wanted the extra tenner and blamed efl for calling it a weekend away game midweek. The club could of covered all season ticket holders as a gesture for 20/30k.

Instead they gave me another £10 off next seasons total pass that I have to redeem. Empty gesture.

I appreciate some aspects of our financial day to day must be precarious at present but I think the club could do a lot more for fans who’ve shelled out nearly 500 to only dream about ever sitting in a stadium again.

100% agree with this. They seem to have taken us for granted.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

100% agree with this. They seem to have taken us for granted.

Actions speak louder than words.

I can’t criticise him and the club for the way we’ve developed a competitive squad with a decent budget, but I don’t see how giving 1000 ST holders a free £10 for Christmas to watch a game would stop us resigning Dacks contract!

• Like 1

If this is the extent of Waggott's invention he's in the wrong job. He's already tried this with the embarrassing £10,000 prize draw if 10,000 season tickets sold. As if people were seriously going to pay hundreds of pounds for a season ticket to enter a draw that might not even happen if 10,000 wasn't reached.

We need people running the club with creativity and bright ideas on how to grow the fanbase short and medium term.

Instead we've off the hoof short term cash flow desperado stunts. As if anyone is going to go out of their way to spend hundreds in the club shop.

• Like 1

Another token gesture worth nothing to me. 

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2021/january/season-pass-holders-receive-a-complimentary-discount-at-the-roverstore.co.uk/?fbclid=IwAR2bBGf8TOgnx9TjMmjJ3LVsdKqEpHm-2MTqbQubJAoWp4RyAtJEO-8YLPY

How’s about £10 towards watching online or something that doesn’t include me needing to buy something I can’t afford or don’t need.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Another token gesture worth nothing to me. 

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2021/january/season-pass-holders-receive-a-complimentary-discount-at-the-roverstore.co.uk/?fbclid=IwAR2bBGf8TOgnx9TjMmjJ3LVsdKqEpHm-2MTqbQubJAoWp4RyAtJEO-8YLPY

How’s about £10 towards watching online or something that doesn’t include me needing to buy something I can’t afford or don’t need.

Exactly what I thought, anything worth buying is way more than £10. They know exactly what they’re doing

• Like 1

Win/win for Swag. If nobody takes up the offer he's lost nothing, it they do sales of merchandise are increased and at the ridiculous prices they charge will still make money.

I wonder how long it took for him and his 'executives' to come up with that?

4 hours ago, Tom said:

Who the hell would want a shirt with the name of a player on the back who'll be gone in less than 3 months? Anyone daft enough to be sucked in by that will be thinking "Oh ****, I need a new shirt!" come August.

You couldn't make this stuff up. Waggott has never done anything obviously worthwhile since being here but since reducing the fanbase by 75% by raising prices during a pandemic he's become a complete embarrassment and liability to the Club.

Every so called incentive he's come up with recently will just have exactly the opposite effect and push the patience of the hardy few that much closer to breaking point.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, Tom said:

In these economically testing times, wouldn't you just get a shirt with nothing printed on the back. It would cost the same and would be relevant for the return of fans next season ?

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Who the hell would want a shirt with the name of a player on the back who'll be gone in less than 3 months? Anyone daft enough to be sucked in by that will be thinking "Oh ****, I need a new shirt!" come August.

You couldn't make this stuff up. Waggott has never done anything obviously worthwhile since being here but since reducing the fanbase by 75% by raising prices during a pandemic he's become a complete embarrassment and liability to the Club.

Every so called incentive he's come up with recently will just have exactly the opposite effect and push the patience of the hardy few that much closer to breaking point.

Yes. I mean this is the most ludicrous of all the promotion's he has done. Factor in he's such a well known name having played so much football and people will be flocking to get his name and number... 

Given the amount of stupid initiatives of late I wonder if Waggot has a target for increased sales or amount of engagement with fans he needs to hit soon? I appreciate that would involve a target and more accountability than usual but it seems odd to me there's so many crappy incentives at this time.