BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Waggott's message to all Rovers fans

On 16/01/2021 at 14:45, Darrenbot said:

The only message i want to here from in the future from Waggott is "we have relieved  Tony  from his duties as Blackburn Rovers manager,we thank him for all his efforts the last 4 years and wish him well in his future endeavours"

The only message I want to hear is one from the Club saying they've both been relieved of their duties and thanking them for their efforts!

• Like 2

Steve's January message to the fans:

"You won't be seeing much football for a while, not even on i-follow because the pitch is in such poor state. But it's not all bad, don't forget, I'm on £300k p.a. Tone is on substantially more and Ben, Sam and Richie really enjoyed their new deals not to play. Stewie loves being paid thousands of pounds a week to sit on the bench as well.

See ya

Love Steve

And don't forget......"We're all in it together!"

• Like 4

9 hours ago, JHRover said:

My message to Waggott - if we can't afford to sort the pitch out can you take a wage cut to fund it instead?

Better still: "Waggott, accompany your mate Mowbray through the door and take all your 'Boro dead legs with you, you useless two hat!"

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

It's strange that Waggott has not come out and issued a statement about the manager's position -no dreaded 'vote of confidence', no assurance that he will do what's best for the club...nada. It's not like he doesn't issue statements. Here's a thread with a lovely Christmas message from Steve, with lots of praise for Tony and the exciting squad he's building which is playing 'attacking football'🤣

Yet we've heard nothing after 1 win in 14 matches. 

What an absolute disgrace of a CEO.

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 6

Just now, tomphil said:

Personally i don't want to hear it the guy is just another PR windbag bleeding the club. You can bet your backside win or draw the next match he'll seize his moment.

I want to hear it. I want to hear his justification for Mowbray remaining in situ. He has a responsibility to act in the best interests of the club. He has to be accountable. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 4

Waggott isn't CEO. He might have that title but in practice he does not possess the power nor skill set to deliver as CEO of a football club.

A true CEO would have authority to make changes at the club. Waggott doesn't. The most important one of those changes is to the first team management when failing to hit targets or when the fanbase turn. We are well past that point yet Waggott can't act both because he doesn't have the power and because he's the only CEO in the country that got his job because of the manager below him in the hierarchy.

It's almost funny it is so ridiculous. It's an insult to the genuine CEOs out there who have actually got jobs on merit via an exhaustive recruitment process rather than Tony ringing him up and asking if he fancied a job. 

This guy will be the main reason I don't buy a season ticket because I cannot bring myself to hand over £500 a year whilst he takes home £300,000 and does nothing to better the club, makes excuse after excuse, sells off the training ground and protects his failing mate in the dugout. Especially not after what he did last year - refusing the option of refunds, jacking prices up and lying in the local press. 

Another one who should be nowhere near the top job at a club of this size and stature after spending his days 'consulting' at Southend and Gillingham.

He'll go to ground again now whilst the spotlight is on, hope for a few wins late on to ease some pressure and another summer of going through the motions.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Is Waggott a Teesider? 

No I misread the post. I assumed it was an attempt at Mowbrays accent which is very much the County Durham side of Teesside accent. That'll teach me to read posts properly

2 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Is this man the real saviour of English football? | Express Yourself | Comment | Express.co.uk

I stumbled across this bollox on the internet. The answer is 'no'. 

Great minds and all that, my better half found that on the Internet the other day and I was going to post it on here.

Comedy gold, how can a National newspaper  conduct an interview like that with a straight face, let alone print the story? Just shows how easy some people are to fool.

On a serious note there are some commendable initiatives in there. If he correctly knows the way to go is to keep prices affordable, how come he's making it as expensive and inconvenient as possible to attend matches here by introducing the  match day tax for walk ons and raising prices during a pandemic when most people were struggling and no-one could attend anyway?

That article does nothing to curb my growing suspicion that ulterior motives are afoot here.

• Like 1