BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Huddersfield Town Away

When I saw the next two fixtures when the list came out, I just knew we would lose them both.

Both are Mowbray designer banana skins he will unfailingly fall over, I thought..

Well here we are:

- let's be honest we have a far better squad than any of us dared hope when the fixtures were published BUT

- we have to win these two to keep our league season alive.

I have no idea how we are going to do it. I guess together with Tony Mowbray, that makes two of us...

Edited by philipl
  • Like 3

Rovers playing good football was the penultimate Mowbray myth to be busted. In the last 10 games we’ve played well once vs nob end and horrendously in most if not all other of those games, well unless pointless possession football is your thing. 

Hopefully can get Dack, Brereton, Armstrong and Travis on the same pitch together sometime very soon. Then no more excuses. At which point might be more consistent (highly unlikely as Mowbray hasn’t been able to sort out a defence in over a decade) or the final myth of injuries holding us back rather the dummy in the dugout will also be dispelled. Then might finally move on to fresh ideas and hopefully progress.

I sense the goal posts are being moved as to what constitutes a good season. By Easter I’m fully expecting as long as we can stay up. 

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Kaminski

Nyambe   Lenihan   Ayala   Bell

Rothwell  Downing   Davenport

Dolan   Armstrong   Brereton 

Personally would have Downing at Left Back. Either Bell or Douglas at Left Back is just giving a goal away. 

• Like 5

Cant see any plausible reason for Douglas to pull on the blue and white shirt ever again, to be fair. Every side has its nemesis, but it sticks in the craw when that nemesis is (allegedly) on the same side as you. Nuff said - I think I've made my thoughts on our Leeds cast off (dingle implant??) pretty clear, and I think he is a dud.

It will be interesting to see how TM continues the Dack & Brereton rehabilitation. I suspect neither will be risked from the start, which means their introduction (if it comes at all) will be damage limitation rather than a show of strength in depth.

At this point of the season I would really have expected us to be ready to scale the heights and into a healthy rhythm,  rather than exhibiting battle fatigue and embodying chronic uncertainty as we are.. I agree 100% with Philipl that the season hangs on the next two games. Depending on our (self-made) fortunes we will either be building momentum for a spring dash towards the playoffs or craning our necks anxiously as teams below us rise inexorably past us as we sink miserably towards flirtation with trips to Accrington and Aldershot..

I know which scenario I prefer.

COYB - time to pull the finger out!

giphy.gif

Edited by WIR Second Coming
Ee aye ee aye ere we go, up the football league we go, when we get promoted, this is what we'll sing, "We are the Rovers, We are the Rovers, Mowbray is doing his miserable best and got us here by complete fluking accident...!"
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, philipl said:

When I saw the next two fixtures when the list came out, I just knew we would lose them both.

Both are Mowbray designer banana skins he will unfailingly fall over, I thought..

Well here we are:

- let's be honest we have a far better squad than any of us dared hope when the fixtures were published BUT

- we have to win these two to keep our league season alive.

I have no idea how we are going to do it. I guess together with Tony Mowbray, that makes two of us...

The main problem is that Tony thinks he does know how to do it, and even though it is being proved to the contrary he will not change his mind.

• Like 2

We played this exact fixture at pretty much the exact time last year didn't we, and tbh it seems like one of the last times I went to a game, completely fed up of this shite now! I wouldn't be at all surprised if its the exact same result either. They have a good record at home and have won the last 4 on the trot now. Hopefully more game time for Dack and Brereton as we edge closer to Travis returning as well. I haven't completely wrote the season off yet, mainly based on the returning players and their potential impact, we need a good run and fast though.

17 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

We played this exact fixture at pretty much the exact time last year didn't we, and tbh it seems like one of the last times I went to a game, completely fed up of this shite now! I wouldn't be at all surprised if its the exact same result either. They have a good record at home and have won the last 4 on the trot now. Hopefully more game time for Dack and Brereton as we edge closer to Travis returning as well. I haven't completely wrote the season off yet, mainly based on the returning players and their potential impact, we need a good run and fast though.

I haven't wrote it off either. We haven't got to 50 points yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

i was at the huddersfield game last year and it was the turning point for me of the mowbray reign,we were completely bullied off the park against a basic but determined team,i expect more of the same,we`ll probably have more possesion but like everyone else in the division,their manager will have us sussed out,sit deep,let them pass sideways,wait for them to run out of ideas and let them make their inevitable mistake,i keep hoping im`e wrong but it`s been the same for most of the season,we`ve only got one plan and if it`s not working then we are *******

• Like 1

Ditch the 4-3-3!

Kaminski

Nyambe      Lenihan              Ayala      Bell

Davenport               Downing

Dolan                        Rothwell               Brereton

Armstrong

9 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i was at the huddersfield game last year and it was the turning point for me of the mowbray reign,we were completely bullied off the park against a basic but determined team,i expect more of the same,we`ll probably have more possesion but like everyone else in the division,their manager will have us sussed out,sit deep,let them pass sideways,wait for them to run out of ideas and let them make their inevitable mistake,i keep hoping im`e wrong but it`s been the same for most of the season,we`ve only got one plan and if it`s not working then we are *******

Sadly that's how I see it panning out. A team of well organised, motivated triers will beat a more skillful but disorganised and unmotivated team 9 times out of 10 I'm afraid.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Ditch the 4-3-3!

Kaminski

Armstrong

Ahh......lets go back to Mowbray's plan A.......that is a busted flush as well. We will just pass the ball around in our half instead of around the half way line.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

Ditch the 4-3-3!

Kaminski

Armstrong

No Elliot?

1 minute ago, oldjamfan1 said:

No Elliot?

I'd give him a rest thought he looked a bit jaded on Saturday, which is no surprise given the fact he is 17 and has played a lot of minutes over the last few months. I think that he will almost certainly have to be rested for one of the games this week.

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

I'd give him a rest thought he looked a bit jaded on Saturday, which is no surprise given the fact he is 17 and has played a lot of minutes over the last few months. I think that he will almost certainly have to be rested for one of the games this week.

He's 17 - at that age I'd run up Ben Nevis, cycle home to Lancs, turn out for the local cow-tipping competition, get over to t'Darwen baths for 100 lengths and THEN give 100% for a couple of hours on the footie pitch..

Eeeh, they doesn't know they're born!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Exactly the same date - I remember as it's my birthday. The only difference was it was a 3pm kick-off as it was a Sunday.

Just ready for a slip up at home then. Their away form in the last 4 is one draw at Coventry and 3 defeats.

I am usually optimistic where Rovers are concerned and this match is no exception.

I look at the players we have who are capable of producing something special (Rothwell's goal being case in point) and think we should be winning lots of games in this bang average division.  Sadly, IMO, our buggeration factor is  Mowbray! 

Staggered when I saw the odds but we are clear favourites (2.3 against 3.3 - decimal odds better when fractional odds are 'silly' ie Rovers 25/19) away to a team who have just 1 point less than us!

I think we'll win this one and therefore staking a sizeable part of my season's Rovers' winnings on a Rovers' win at 2.3.  Let me know @jim mk2 how much of your £8,787 winnings (think you missed a decimal point out between the 7 & 8 !!!!!) you will be staking on Huddersfield.

9 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Staggered when I saw the odds but we are clear favourites (2.3 against 3.3 - decimal odds better when fractional odds are 'silly' ie Rovers 25/19) away to a team who have just 1 point less than us!

Our form is terrible and our record isn't good here, so my view is that 2/1 against on Huddersfield is much better value and will be going in my accumulator.   Actually just over 2/1....😏

Edited by Sparks Rover