BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Huddersfield Town Away

Totally even match. Better finishing from either team and they would be ahead. 

I would say we need to change something to get on top. Need more legs in midfield for me. Johnson is way off the pace and seems injured. Bring Davenport on for me, or maybe Downing. It's not really a strength game, its about covering the yards and picking passes.  

• Like 1

That’s not a bad half. Huddersfield better then last couple we have played, we have had a few chances.

The win is absolutely there for us today though, if we don’t win this one, then I finally conceed that something needs to change.

I am pro Mowbray, and this game is exactly what we need to win, no excuses of parking bus, let’s get Dack on and do it.

I think we will.

Not a classic but seen worse halves this season!

Think Ben has made a difference both going forward and covering back, definitely eases the workload of the left back.

Armo definitely should have scored, got a feeling he will do second half too.

Imagine we'll see a few changes at 60 mins including Dacky. Bit nervous though about that, dirty team this lot so far.....

Plenty of space on the pitch, which would suit Dack, be nice to see 45 mins from him. Maybe it’s a stretch though. 

Gutted for Trybull, from what I saw against Stoke/Brentford (before being pulled by Mowbray), he’s far superior to Johnson, more tempo and pressure on the opposition. 

Rothwell had a good half and Nyambe solid too. Bell isn’t playing like Carlos but still an improvement on Douglas. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tugay-is-God said:

I think they're pretty open about how they feel, I think Warren Lucy especially. I guess it's just opinions though, eh. 

They are indeed. It's not everything they say, but, as an example, right at the tail end of last season when we needed something daft like three straight wins and about four other teams to implode, at full time they still went on about how the play-offs were still an outside chance. Their opinions obviously, I just think on occasion they're in a considerable minority no matter how you divide up our fanbase. I guess at times it just feels like they state Club-approved sentences rather than what the most honest and popular assessment actually is.

You're point about Warren is very fair, you do notice sometimes Neil trying to very gently stop him saying something!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Shit but second top scorer in the Championship in a mid-table side....

I mean this abuse is ridiculous.

Abuse? Good grief.

As for his goal record, Forrest Gump once heard the word ‘run’, Arma similarly heard ‘shoot’.

He hasn’t looked up once... all season!

• Like 2

Armstrong is our only threat, he is obviously going through a dry spell but hes still our only real threat. His run before that brilliant save was superb, as was his unselfish pass to Elliott who has been ineffective, as has Brereton and Rothwell. Midfield has been very quiet again and they are targetting our left side having noticed our weakness. Very dull game really.

1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

Hudds pressing us high up the pitch. Something we were doing at the start of the season but seem to have stopped doing for a while now

No idea why, we looked much better when we did.

Yes I agree with this. I think we stopped doing it when everyone started parking the bus against us as it didn't really achieve much. But Hudds are ripe for the pressing game. The team that wins this will be the one that presses better. 

But they look much fitter than us in midfield at the moment which kind of undermines a pressing game. So we need to do something about that. Really think it's one for Davenport to have a go at.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, superniko said:

Plenty of space on the pitch, which would suit Dack, be nice to see 45 mins from him. Maybe it’s a stretch though. 

Gutted for Trybull, from what I saw against Stoke/Brentford (before being pulled by Mowbray), he’s far superior to Johnson, more tempo and pressure on the opposition. 

Rothwell had a good half and Nyambe solid too. Bell isn’t playing like Carlos but still an improvement on Douglas. 

Can’t remember the last time Mowbray made an unenforced change at half time.

But I agree, Dack getting the whole second half would be good.