BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Huddersfield Town Away

Don't worry lads a few more losses like this and the players will realise the spotlight might fall on the shocking job TM is doing. They'll then pull their fingers out for a few games and get a few results to ensure easy street remains. 

We can't beat top, bottom or middle at the moment. We don't have any centre halves. We don't have plan B and plan A has been found out. 

Still for those wanting progress remember it's a journey. We are only 5 points behind those footballing giants Barnsley and a solitary point behind the mighty Luton. How is TM supposed to compete with them and their budgets having only had 3 full years in the gig? 

And remember too that attacking football means we are much, much more likely to win games as we've proved v Wednesday, Stoke and Huddersfield. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SamTheShrew said:

When was the last time a manager resigned? In fact, Holloway did a few days ago! Before that however? Years. They lose their pay off then. We will find out if Mowbray is the honourable guy people hold him to be.

Oh yeah, I don't expect him to at all. For the pay off reason, and because maybe he thinks he can genuinely turn things around. Just a shame after bringing the fans together so much that I imagine it's all going to end badly. For everyone involved.

Could Damien Johnson be any worse for 6 months? 
What frustrates the hell out of me is this fantasy that we can’t do better than Mowbray. He came to us as L1 fodder. He’s taken us as far as he can, and spent money without selling a name in the time! No previous managers had that luxury. We’ve a team which people looking from the outside think is good (for the Championship). Managers will WANT to come to us. Too much fear over Appleton, Berg, Kean and what Venkys will do. 

I was excited at the start of the season, thought top 6 was a realistic chance, injuries haven’t helped but it isn’t enough of an excuse. 
He has failed to address the defence, you could say we’re unlucky with injuries but Williams looked like he was on his way out and nobody expected Wharton to feature. 
The irony is that Nyambe was probably our best CB option on the pitch but got subbed to put Buckley in at RB. What the hell is that about, I can’t even visualise what it’s meant to achieve. 
Ironic that Saar scores both goals. Free transfer this summer wasn’t he?

He had his favourites in the past and it took injuries / years of shite for him to change it (Bennett and Smallwood come to mind). It feels the same now with Johnson, we’ve played loads of games through December and I think he’s started every time, he has barely left the centre circle this month. Not fit enough for that challenge. 

Tony has helped stabilise us, I left some games feeling like we were brilliant (L1 level clubs and PNE) but it’s now 5 points from the last 21 available. Worse than the results though is the regression in our style of play. We no longer press high which is what defined the 433 formation. 2 months ago I went into games expecting us to win, and entertain. I tuned into this expecting nothing, I guess that’s where we are now. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Absolute shite yet again. Not even desperately ineffective but incredibly dull and poorly drilled. The season is essentially over before the turn of the year, miles off the pace, in the bottom half and going backwards.

The negligence of the defence is unforgivable. We suffered last year and hes replaced a loanee who regularly played with a solitary recruit made out of glass. No hard luck story there, we are underresourced. Chuck in a loanee at left back who has been so bad that weve reverted back to the hapless Bell and it is little wonder that Rovers and a clean sheet are alien to each other.

His subs in games are totally bizarre. On what planet would you ever put John Buckley on the pitch chasing a game but especially at right back, baffling. He just chucks on strikers without any real plan and it meant that Dack barely had a kick. 

Nonsense about injuries or other general excuses culminating in "give him the rest of the season" as if theres even a remote possibility of getting close to the top 6 rather than a second successive season of not even being competitive in attempting to reach our target may still arise but surely there isnt anyone who genuinely still believes he should stay on ie that there is still a chance and that we are progressing rather than stagnating?

That one is doing my head in. Mowbray is an imbecile.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Brereton has just come back from injury and has been a revelation this season.

I can't figure out why he isn't giving Downing more time on the pitch by now.

He's been better but I expect a lot more from a player we bet the family silver on. This year he's been a nuisance which has helped out players gain some space, but we could have paid a lot less for someone to do that role.

For me a decent centre half would have been preferable at the time. If Mowbray wanted a winger he should have bought a winger. With the money that he spent on the Brereton project he probably could have bought both.

But I'm not blaming any one player for the shambles on the pitch this evening, I'm not sure if any of them knew what their actual role was.