BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Huddersfield Town Away

11 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

this feels like the end of a managerial reign,it feels exactly like when saxton and mackay were at the end,as fans you tend to know when a manager has run out of ideas and time,if we can tell then the players surely can tell,they`re not exactly giving everything out there thats for sure

Problem is Covid and no fans to tell Slowbrain to leave. They probably still support him in the LET

5 minutes ago, corb691 said:

Evening all,

New user here. I work with a chap who is a Huddersfield Town fan and made a passing comment which shocked him and that was that I believe Mowbray has taken the team as far as he can. I thought I was being rash but after checking the comments here..I'm clearly not.

The last 6-8 weeks have been poor. He has been unfortunate which defensive injuries and I'm delighted that we've made the transition to a new brand of football however, after some big results early doors teams have reacted and know how to set up against us. Unfortunately, we don't seem to have the intelligence to deal with this issue. It's all well and good knocking it around but without any penetration - we won't cause many teams problems. We have three centre mids who drop deep to receive the ball, Rothwell should be pushing further forward where he can commit players and create space for others. We brought Dack on and we never played through him- granted, he's just returned but we looked miles better when he came on against Wednesday. Brereton and Gallagher are just carthorses who offer very little. Elliot was poor tonight but he's 17 and in the main, he's done well for someone of his age. We don't push our full backs high enough, we got real problems at left back. Douglas has been a massive disappointment and has not replicated his form from his Wolves and Leeds day.

Maybe it's the players, the system or both. I wouldn't say sack him because sometimes grass isn't always greener and we could live to regret that decision. I think if our ambitions are (or were) play-offs then he isn't the man for the job. I would say keep him and then wait for someone suitable to become available, someone who can pick up the new brand of football and take it to the next level, this should be the club's philosophy and we only invest in someone who shares that vision. We get that person in and then sack Mowbray (that's what clubs do now)

I think sack him now would be rash and we could end up going for someone who can get us to challenge - like a Pulis and I don't want that!

Welcome aboard, have a good cry with the rest of us. 

I see a team with some really talented players up front, and deficient ones at back. Lenihan is serviceable, & Nyambe, alas, I fear Nyambe exit when his contract is up. Bell is League 1 material, but our best today, that says it all. Ayala is a wuss and Douglas may well be on his way back to Leeds. 

I guess the frustration is player for player we probably have the best squad since we have been in the Championship. The issue is more tactical imo, we go out every game with the same plan and just hope it works out.

A new manager now would have a decent squad to work with, and with a few tweaks could get us humming again.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Interesting seeing people talking about getting a new manager in to continue this new brand of football.

I wouldn’t be having that, just get the best man for the job in with the strongest track record and let him do his thing. 
It seems unlikely to me that any manager would want to just do what someone else was doing already.....

This in a nutshell. We just need results. 

6 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

At the moment we're not, I agree. But there's no need to state there's zero chance when knowing a good run of form can change the situation around. I'm also worried about how our shape looks defensively, and we got found out by our lack team pressing today as well.

No one in here are managers at the top level, but who would have waited until the 65th minute to make changes if they were? No one I would assume. I often feel Mowbray hasn't chosen the right eleven, but this season I can't criticise him for it - but his ability to adapt to how the reality of a match changes is virtually non-exisitent. 

We have never had that run of form you talk about under Mowbray I’m the championship. There is literally nothing on display to suggest we will go on such a run; it’s far more likely this poor run will continue. This team has big problems, created by Mowbray, thst he himself has no ability to sort.

Edited by SamTheShrew
  • Like 1

Firstly, I get the Buckley substitution. Going for a goal, expecting the ball, get someone on with better quality.

As someone who’s banging on about giving Mowbray time, and I really appreciate everything he’s done, it’s not working.

We are guaranteed to concede every game. We are predictable. 

I have no fear what so ever of Armstrong going to a bigger club, because he just doesn’t fit in anywhere else as a centre forward. He’s had a great season, and end of last season, I’m not knocking him he’s a key player for us. But, can’t see anyone snapping him up.

Holtby continues his run of being non existent. We knew what Ayala was about with injuries, still not a bad signing.

We are not threatening. As an attacking force we are slow and predictable, defensively awful, set pieces we are likely to concede but never score.

I think we have peeked, with out peeking.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Daniel sicknote Ayala....you could break the poor b'stard in half with a feather!

These are the kind of players you get when you have a wage cap that isn’t in keeping with where you want to be in the division.

Talk of promotion is a feint hope, and a way to sell STs, rather than any kind of ambition.

• Like 1

Other than TM is anyone surprised we have so many injured defenders? 

Also why can we have 215 midfielders but no squad cover in defence. Either TM is blind for having this issue 4 seasons running or Venkys are even bigger idiots with their restrictions on spending. 

Build from the back. One of football's most basic principles, one of the first I learned when getting into football as a lad, and yet our club ignored such a fundamental and basic part of the game. 

• Like 5

To be honest I don't mind 'life' in the Championship compared to fighting against relegation in the Premier League, but the team has to be full of enthusiasm and combinations that we have seen on only a handful (or less) occasions so far this season. Think Tony will bring in a defender in the January window, at least I hope so.

1 minute ago, RTM08 said:

Literally his job and he hasn't sorted it despite having years to do so. If he only has one player that wants to win a game then that is on him. He signed them, he motivates them. Get rid.

Yes it's a terrible excuse which reflects very badly on him. After 4 years I have only managed to acquire 1 player with the desired attitude. 

Tiny that's not an excuse - that's another admission of gross negligence on your part. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

Literally his job and he hasn't sorted it despite having years to do so. If he only has one player that wants to win a game then that is on him. He signed them, he motivates them. Get rid.

Entirely typical of the man. He has a brass neck on him. Excuse after excuse after excuse. I’d have an ounce of respect of him if he put his hands up just once and said sorry I lost the plot.

• Like 1

That was the last straw for me personally. We needed to win both of these next 2 games to have a chance of staying on target. Losing this one means it’s all over for this season (IMO), even if we pick up some form later in the season.

I said a few days ago that we need to be working to targets and TM has missed them now for me. I don’t think he will go this season but we need to look elsewhere for next season.

It was really hard to watch today. We looked clueless.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Yes it's a terrible excuse which reflects very badly on him. After 4 years I have only managed to acquire 1 player with the desired attitude. 

Tiny that's not an excuse - that's another admission of gross negligence on your part. 

he only "discovered" travis by accident when he was forced to play him because of injuries,i think travis would have ended up getting released if it had`nt been for a lucky break,tony ****** him off for months when got sent off at portsmouth if i recall

• Like 6