BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Your Best and worst rovers Memorabilia

Best / worst I can think of would be the Rovers 'single' of the early to mid 1970s which had at home well into the 80s until it got fried by being left in the sun, ending up like some crazy vinyl sombrero. "No matter where they're playing, no matter who they play, good old Blackburn Rovers, the best team of the day..." all brass band and jovial and definitely some kind of  'we are northern gits, suck it up softy southerners' kind of vibe..

We've still got one of the Riverside teddies that used to be flung around the crowd at half time. It somehow miraculously survived the mauling such bears used to get, and was stuffed into the bag along with the flask we used to take coffee with whisky for a half time brew. I'll see if I can upload a pic.. We also have a blue and white Rover bear that I think was my sister's from the 80s but has somehow been inherited by her nieces.

• Like 2

On 28/12/2020 at 20:53, SamTheShrew said:

Best: something out of this collection 

5BF7C09E-998F-476A-B975-4622E014D158.jpeg

The Shearer, Ripley, Flowers x 2, Jansen and Sutton shirts instantly fill me with the best memories of all of these. 

I've got the 125th anniversary shirt as well - still labelled, in the bag and the special box they came in. I guess there can't be too many of these around in mint condition nowadays as there were only 1,250 produced and most would have been worn I'd guess.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

The Shearer, Ripley, Flowers x 2, Jansen and Sutton shirts instantly fill me with the best memories of all of these. 

I've got the 125th anniversary shirt as well - still labelled, in the bag and the special box they came in. I guess there can't be too many of these around in mint condition nowadays as there were only 1,250 produced and most would have been worn I'd guess.

And me. Brilliant times and I count myself fortunate to be a Rovers fan at these times and to have experienced the success. We had a great team in the Dalglish, Souness and Hughes years.

I managed to get the 125 shirt unworn on eBay, in box with tags. A little more memorable for me as well as I was actually mascot for the game. Was given the normal kappa shirt though. 

• Like 1

I was one of the last to exit the away end at Selhurst Park after that play off final.We were just standing there in shock and disappointment. I happened to see a forlorn Rovers banner, discarded over one of the standing rails. I could not just leave it in that den of iniquity.

I folded it up-not unlike the American soldiers do to with the stars and stripes at the graveside.(Too much TV or what!)

I had it for years...cue Frankie Howerd..."silly old fool!"  It even survived an attempted burglary and  house move ...before my wife ...threw it out.

• Like 7

On 29/12/2020 at 09:06, WIR Second Coming said:

Best / worst I can think of would be the Rovers 'single' of the early to mid 1970s which had at home well into the 80s until it got fried by being left in the sun, ending up like some crazy vinyl sombrero. "No matter where they're playing, no matter who they play, good old Blackburn Rovers, the best team of the day..." all brass band and jovial and definitely some kind of  'we are northern gits, suck it up softy southerners' kind of vibe..

89839EE0-DF95-4C55-810B-4CA3E86DCAE4.jpeg

• Like 2

On 29/12/2020 at 09:06, WIR Second Coming said:

We've still got one of the Riverside teddies that used to be flung around the crowd at half time. It somehow miraculously survived the mauling such bears used to get, and was stuffed into the bag along with the flask we used to take coffee with whisky for a half time brew. I'll see if I can upload a pic.. We also have a blue and white Rover bear that I think was my sister's from the 80s but has somehow been inherited by her nieces.

It was the first record I ever bought. Got it a Reids across from the Odean cinema. I showed the video just now to a friend, he was amazed that after almost fifty years I still knew the words.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

I had about 3 copies of this.  Junior Rovers gave them out at Christmas party...

👍💫

Still Got mine! It's in a box of singles in the attic.

The crappy paper sleeve it came in lasted about 5 mins so I made one out of white cardboard, coloured one half in blue and drew a Red Rose in the middle like on the shirt of that era. I must've only been about 8 at the time, & that sleeve is still going!

I'll have to see if I can dig it out next time the missus send me up there for something (Xmas decs went back up at the weekend)

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Still Got mine! It's in a box of singles in the attic.

The crappy paper sleeve it came in lasted about 5 mins so I made one out of white cardboard, coloured one half in blue and drew a Red Rose in the middle like on the shirt of that era. I must've only been about 8 at the time, & that sleeve is still going!

I'll have to see if I can dig it out next time the missus send me up there for something (Xmas decs went back up at the weekend)

267D0938-7754-4E01-93E7-A5BE72B3DAF5.jpeg

• Like 2

That Frenzy is poor but not as bad as the By Gum.....  and  Come on......... which were embarrassing. Chelsea had a good one with "Blue is the colour", and Spurs had "Nice one Cyril"

The best for me is the current version of "Wild Rover" which they play at Ewood.

3 minutes ago, bazza said:

That Frenzy is poor but not as bad as the By Gum.....  

Love the bit where the overplayed the crowd and commentary....reminds me of when I used to live on Nuttal street and could here the crowd if we scored or went close...(when I couldn't afford to get in that week)

• Like 1