BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbrays Successor

8 minutes ago, Mike E said:

In the context of owners that appointed Coyle instead of Warnock, yes I would.

In general, no, I'd prefer Hughes or Ainsworth (as stated), but there are worse appointments we could make.

I'll tell you what would be worse. Doing nothing.

• Like 3

A relative of mine who is a keen PNE supporter with some decent club connections reckons Alex Neil will become our next manager and neither of us were p1ssed when he told me!  I was more than a tad surprised but when he agreed to a £100 bet, I began to wonder ! 

Reading looked very solid to grind a point out at Swansea tonight. The way their manager spoke after they beat us it sounded as though the bloke would walk here if offered the job.

He talked the club up far more than Mowbray and his disciples ever do, he certainly didn't sound like he thought our natural place was mid table in the second tier and that getting into the playoffs would be punching above our weight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

A relative of mine who is a keen PNE supporter with some decent club connections reckons Alex Neil will become our next manager and neither of us were p1ssed when he told me!  I was more than a tad surprised but when he agreed to a £100 bet, I began to wonder ! 

That's interesting ,  probably the one logical suggestion , I have heard , if anything can be logical in Venky world...

13 minutes ago, Mercer said:

neil been starved of money at pne tbh,so i imagine he`d be here in a flash if offered the job,one things for sure,gallagher would`nt be out wide,loves a target man does neill😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rigger said:

I'll tell you what would be worse. Doing nothing.

Yep. I could get behind most replacements to be honest, just for a change from the crap football and mind-numbing tedium of mid-table dwelling we've had for three seasons. 

A change is a good as a rest, they say. Well, we certainly looked like a tired bunch under Mowbray. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Could do a lot worse. That he is likely to lead that rabble to yet another higher finish than us is one of the most stark illustrations of our state under Mowbray. What Neil would give for £10 million and wages like Mowbray has had for Ayala, Tosin etc.

If we were ever in the industry of poaching managers from rival clubs I'd be testing the water for him or Rowett from Millwall. Both would improve us significantly and both would embrace the additional finance and stature we could provide.

Reckon Neil would cost in the millions to get after he got a new deal last year after the West Brom interest. This lot won't pay for their next manager.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JHRover said:

Could do a lot worse. That he is likely to lead that rabble to yet another higher finish than us is one of the most stark illustrations of our state under Mowbray. What Neil would give for £10 million and wages like Mowbray has had for Ayala, Tosin etc.

If we were ever in the industry of poaching managers from rival clubs I'd be testing the water for him or Rowett from Millwall. Both would improve us significantly and both would embrace the additional finance and stature we could provide.

Reckon Neil would cost in the millions to get after he got a new deal last year after the West Brom interest. This lot won't pay for their next manager.

Rowett, more clubs than Tiger Woods. No thanks. 

I wouldn't be against Neil, but I would be hoping for better. 

12 hours ago, Mike E said:

In the context of owners that appointed Coyle instead of Warnock, yes I would.

In general, no, I'd prefer Hughes or Ainsworth (as stated), but there are worse appointments we could make.

I would hope we could do better than Hill to be honest. I see no reason why he should be in the mix. If they appointed a worse candidate, I think it would be a new low. 

I wouldn't fancy Ainsworth. I think his management level is league 1 and below. Besides I think he's too settled living down south with his family and the group he plays in.

Pearson for me. I'd like to see Jonno take charge for the rest of the season though. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
2 hours ago, SamTheShrew said:

How do you view what others have written? I can only see what pascha has written or liked himself 

If you're on mobile, type in @pashasapss at the top of the Twitter app and search for it. (Don't click his profile)

Only 4 or 5 people have done it though.

13 hours ago, Mercer said:

He may come sooner than you think, they’re about to sign Ched Evans.

12 hours ago, TheRoversReturn said:

Yep. I could get behind most replacements to be honest, just for a change from the crap football and mind-numbing tedium of mid-table dwelling we've had for three seasons. 

A change is a good as a rest, they say. Well, we certainly looked like a tired bunch under Mowbray. 

Anybody who didn't play Gallagher on the wing would do me, that's how desperate I am.

• Like 1