BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbrays Successor

14 minutes ago, Gav said:

Again you’re cherry picking, Mowbray has been with us 4+ seasons - Leeds have spent well over £40m in that time, we’re not even close EA.

Because thanks to Mowbray taking us down we had to spend a year in the third tier, where Mowbray had a budget that blew the whole division out of the water but could still only muster second place. I am going of the time that Mowbray has spent in the second tier. 

Also why do you continue to ignore the points about net spend Leeds only spend that money because they sold Wood for £15 Million, Cook for £6 Million, Roofe for £5 Million, Viera for £6 Million, Jansson for £5 Million, Clarke for £10 Million. Mowbray since he has has been manager (including in League 1)  has spent getting on for £19 Million and has only sold Raya for £3 Million and Steele for £500K.

It doesn't take a genius to work out how Mowbray could increase his transfer budget you simply do what the likes Leeds, Brentford etc do which is to cash in on their high value players and reinvest in the squad. Mowbray is very luck in that he gets to keep the likes of Nyambe, Dack, Travis and Armstrong and he is also given funds to add to the squad as well. There aren't many managers in this division who are able to do that. 

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Also why do you continue to ignore the points about net spend Leeds only spend that money because they sold Wood for £15 Million, Cook for £6 Million, Roofe for £5 Million, Viera for £6 Million, Jansson for £5 Million, Clarke for £10 Million.

Leeds spent much more than that, you are cherry picking again. 

But....

If Mowbray sold Armstrong for £30m and reinvested that £30m in players, would you argue he’d spent net zero? Had nothing to spend? Or sack him he’s wasted a fortune? 

Edited by Gav

7 hours ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Correction.....mainly the same players bar the keeper. Nymabe, Lenihan, Wharton and Williams were all here.

Wharton would have been playing for the under 16's then I suppose. Only Williams was an experienced regular player. I've tried to block out the memories of the dross that was pulling on the shirt in Coyle's time here.

33 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

If TM could sell AA for £30M I'd show my arse on the Town Hall steps. 

My dad said that in 1990 when I told him we'd tried to sign Gary Lineker - 😃

But yes DeeCee, its hypothetical.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gav said:

If Mowbray sold Armstrong for £30m and reinvested that £30m in players, would you argue he’d spent net zero? Had nothing to spend? Or sack him he’s wasted a fortune? 

Well he would have spent net zero wouldn't he. I don't need to argue it that would be a simple fact. 

37 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Wharton would have been playing for the under 16's then I suppose. Only Williams was an experienced regular player. I've tried to block out the memories of the dross that was pulling on the shirt in Coyle's time here.

Didn't Coyle give Wharton his first team debut. I'm almost certain that he played in a draw at home to Burton as well as scoring in a league cup game.

17 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Well he would have spent net zero wouldn't he. I don't need to argue it that would be a simple fact. 

Didn't Coyle give Wharton his first team debut. I'm almost certain that he played in a draw at home to Burton as well as scoring in a league cup game.

He did

15 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

I see there is a locally based nut job suddenly available for the (yet to be vacated)TM role who would take a very different approach with our players..

2700.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=forma

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jan/04/joey-barton-leaves-role-as-fleetwood-town-manager

Go on then, all together now... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! :)

Mulgrew to take over?

• Backroom
1 hour ago, bazza said:

Appleton wasn't here long enough for us to see what he could do.

Neither was Berg.

I struggled with Berg, but I really liked Appleton. He was a blunt instrument and seemed to be getting a lot more effort out of those players. Needed longer to see it translate into results.