BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbrays Successor

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Look at comments made when Mowbray took the job. He was offered the job that Wednesday morning after Coyle sacking on Tuesday. 

Now unless you have evidence otherwise then we were stick to what we know as fact

If we are looking at facts son, then 56 points from the whole of 2020 with our squads is an abhorrent return is it not?

I was being sarcastic with my initial post, if your girlfriend suddenly leaves you and shacks up with a new fella a few weeks later, there’s usually more than a remote possibility it was going on behind your back.

Given the petulance of this club and TM alleged loyalties to anyone belonging to the agency HSH whom himself is a client of, in the same window HSH signed and brought Lucas Joao do you not find it strange than in less than a month a career manager failure like TM suddenly rejects Chesterfield and ends up at Rovers?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, StevenSK said:

If we are looking at facts son, then 56 points from the whole of 2020 with our squads is an abhorrent return is it not?

Firstly I ain't your son Steven so please dont ever refer to me as that again!!!

Also using when we are going through a global pandemic, lock down restrictions still happening and other related problems. Very unfair to used 2020. 

Like I've said before you want change of manager now that's fine but some of us dont. So accept that and move on or ignore me.. I'm not bothered either way

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Firstly I ain't your son Steven so please dont ever refer to me as that again!!!

Also using when we are going through a global pandemic, lock down restrictions still happening and other related problems. Very unfair to used 2020. 

Really? I mean it doesn't seem to have done Norwich too badly. Or Stoke or Boro. Or jumping up a league many other teams from Spurs to Leicester. 2020 wasn't too shabby for Liverpool. I'm not sure why all these restrictions etc make it hard to judge us and hard for us to perform yet other teams have coped with it. 

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Like I've said before you want change of manager now that's fine but some of us dont. So accept that and move on or ignore me.. I'm not bothered either way

Well clearly you are bothered as I am losing track of the why won't you accept my opinion posts. 

And I'll even answer that question for you -AN OPINION IS NOT UNCHALLENGEABLE, NOR DOES IT AUTOMATICALLY HAVE MERIT. 

Let me give a few examples. Let's say I think Shearer was a crap player. Should that opinion stand? It's got zero evidence to back it up, quite the contrary, so why should it be accepted?

Also it's a bit of a moral danger to just accept/allow any opinion. Let's say - and to stress I really don't think this is the case - I think that black players are all rubbish. Now we've not only got zero evidence we'd have also strayed into racism. Again should this be allowed to fall back on why don't you accept my opinion? (Again to be clear I do NOT think that is the case.) Should such an opinion be inviolate? 

People aren't accepting your opinion because they profoundly disagree and think it is contrary to the evidence. And whilst a message board is a place of oppinions it is also a place where the weaknesses of said arguments will be highlighted. Such as, your assertion 2020 is unfair to use, as for many clubs in the same circumstances it was a good year. 

• Like 4

It would be a very boring MB if every post went unchallenged because everybody's opinion should be respected!

There would be no debate for a start. Everybody has the right to their opinion but everybody else has a right to challenge it and put forward their opinion too.

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

No it is not.

2020 the same for all football teams.

A 56 point return is appalling and, IMO, just confirms we are on a journey to nowhere.  It is bottom half of table stuff and and only some half a dozen points above relegation.  THAT IS NOT PROGRESS.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

No it is not.

2020 the same for all football teams.

A 56 point return is appalling and, IMO, just confirms we are on a journey to nowhere.  It is bottom half of table stuff and and only some half a dozen points above relegation.  THAT IS NOT PROGRESS.

Come on Mercer, aren't you aware of the global pandemic entirely confined to Blackburn?

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
25 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

And there we go😂😂😂

Look, we mentioned that we didn’t want posts digging out other posters and baiting each other. Yet people carried on.

The correct process to follow, if you’ve a problem with a post being removed, is to message a mod, or to go into ask admin and raise it there.

We don’t want threads being de-railed with people feeling like they’ve been wronged.

If people keep having posts removed, then people might want to check themselves, before blaming the mods for doing what we feel is best for the harmony of the forum.

In the past we’ve been accused of either protecting this poster too much, or allowing him to get bullied. 
So, the mods can’t win.

’You can’t please all the people all the time’.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Look, we mentioned that we didn’t want posts digging out other posters and baiting each other. Yet people carried on.

The correct process to follow, if you’ve a problem with a post being removed, is to message a mod, or to go into ask admin and raise it there.

We don’t want threads being de-railed with people feeling like they’ve been wronged.

If people keep having posts removed, then people might want to check themselves, before blaming the mods for doing what we feel is best for the harmony of the forum.

In the past we’ve been accused of either protecting this poster too much, or allowing him to get bullied. 
So, the mods can’t win.

’You can’t please all the people all the time’.

Understood. I will just in future refrain from commenting on said posters, often delusional, occasionally inciteful drivel and let it pass me by. Apologies to you, I will tow the line from now on. 

Edited by Lucimo
Aa

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ok I thought you were a bit of a young un. That said it wasn’t meant offensively.

So despite the pandemic which every other team seems to have navigated past, 56 points is a dreadful return for the resources at TMs disposal yes? 

Id like to see a change of manager, apologies have I missed something about opinions ignoring you etc? Seems a strange comment to make as I think this is the first post I’ve quoted you upon? 

21 hours ago, RoverKyle said:

Would love to see Hughes come back. He had a point to prove the first time he managed us and he would again this time. Worked well on a budget. Organised the team well. It's fantasy stuff really. 

Not 100% certain if Hughes is still the manager he was when he was here but one thing's for certain he'd raise expectations and set a reasonably ambitious target such as promotion by the end of next season and expect everyone at the Club, players and staff alike to work towards it.

There'd be no worse of this "by next season we should be in a position to challenge," and "we're on a journey" bollux.

We're "on a journey" all right. Back to League 1.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not 100% certain if Hughes is still the manager he was when he was here but one thing's for certain he'd raise expectations and set a reasonably ambitious target such as promotion by the end of next season and expect everyone at the Club, players and staff alike to work towards it.

There'd be no worse of this "by next season we should be in a position to challenge," and "we're on a journey" bollux.

We're "on a journey" all right. Back to League 1.

The thoughts of that are too good to be true. There's no way he's coming back 

Whilst I am unsure that Hughes would return, him coming would at least reassure fans and alleviate fears. He, as others have said would most likely only return if the club was run properly and geared towards promotion. His links with our better days, would probably be good for the club as a whole and if anything would create closer collective unity. 

A move like that would be a good decision by our owners and demonstrates we really are aiming to return home. It's quite growing on me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rigger said:

That doesn't mean that he would be a bad choice!

Of course not, but you would like to think that there is more of a broad search available as other clubs have shown rather than look directly to former managers. His record since being here when the club was so much different is underwhelming at best.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Of course not, but you would like to think that there is more of a broad search available as other clubs have shown rather than look directly to former managers. His record since being here when the club was so much different is underwhelming at best.

Hard to disagree but uniting the fan base, a familiarity with the club, just as much success as TM all suggests he would be worth investigating as an option. Most of all he has had success here and whilst he has struggled elsewhere perhaps this club is a sweet spot, so to speak, which gets the best out of him as a manager. Worry is though it's a bit different these days at Ewood. 

We should be looking at a marquee manager like Steven Gerrard.

A season in the Championship and promotion on his CV before he takes over from Klopp.

Would certainly capture the imagination of fans and get people back into the ground.

Dream world of course.

In reality it will boil down to when Mowbray feels he has made enough coin to get his kids through university and for a very comfortable retirement.