BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Birmingham - Away, Sat 2nd Jan

Well where do we even start?

Birmingham took a thumping midweek off Derby and they are midst a poor run with precious few goals. Surely even our defence will not crumble again?

Starting XI - I’d bring in Dolan, at least to mix it up on the right and swap Davenport for Johnson to give him a rest (looked off the pace against Huddersfield). 

Both managers under real pressure. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JPTSwindon said:

Well where do we even start?

Birmingham took a thumping midweek off Derby and they are midst a poor run with precious few goals. Surely even our defence will not crumble again?

Starting XI - I’d bring in Dolan, at least to mix it up on the right and swap Davenport for Johnson to give him a rest (looked off the pace against Huddersfield). 

Both managers under real pressure. 

Mowbray under pressure from the fans fuming behind their screens. Might as well curse the weather for all the difference it makes. Under no pressure from those holding his (and the Club's) future in their hands.

• Like 7

I'd pick the entire back four from  the under 23's at least they are all used to playing the position and together. Absolutely no stability in the selection process and with the injuries more encouragement for Tony's tombola to put square pegs in round holes

• Like 1

We all know the script... roaring out of the stocks at kick off, plenty of tippy tappy possession and appearance of slight goal threat... followed by some back-line buffoonery and conceding of a ridiculous and shocking goal.

Birmingham Big Club will be smarting from Shrek's smash and grab, whilst Rovers are in disarray with no direction and no plan. Despite big Tone needing a result, we will capitulate and allow their manager some respite, whilst entering New Year on a complete downer for the Rovers fans.

I wish it wasn't so, but we all know we are a soft touch for sides needing a result. Going 2-1 Birmingham for this one, based on the hapless showing at Huddersfield the other night.

Taxi for Tony please...

giphy.gif

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It's difficult to get back to flat track bullying when you're not playing well. No idea. Hopefully we win 4-0 and Armstrong scores a hat-trick 

I'm optimisticaly going to go 2-1? We could very easily lose it either. I have no idea to be honest 

Agreed, but Brum's current slump is more alarming than ours, and they also have big injury problems.

I just think this is the type of game we will continue to win, thus leading to the believers declaring, "We are only 'X' number of points from the Play Offs .Trust in Tony".

• Like 1

Sadly it just seems like the season is already over for us, even if we had a new manager and a couple of players, to jump past 8 teams and make up 8 points as well as getting top 6 form that has eluded us for years, its such a long shot, never mind under the current stagnation.

God knows what sort of defence we will cobble together, under absolutely no circumstance should Buckley play at right back. (or at all) Would love Dack to start, even Travis if remotely possible next to Downing, rather than the usual group of midfielders who flatter to deceive.

The biggest frustration is that I am enough of an idiot to inevitably buy another tenner pass to watch it!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would drop Elliott and play Dolan on the right side. Armstrong up front and Brereton left side in front 3

Downing in midfield with Rothwell and Davenport for me in midfield. 

Defence depends on who is fit. 

Kaminski in goal

Fiddling while Rome is burning....

• Like 2

5 hours ago, martonrover said:

Agreed, but Brum's current slump is more alarming than ours, and they also have big injury problems.

I just think this is the type of game we will continue to win, thus leading to the believers declaring, "We are only 'X' number of points from the Play Offs .Trust in Tony".

Hopefully

• J*B pinned this topic
12 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Mowbray, without fail, comes out with a result everytime the heat is firmly on and the knives are out. I see this as being no different:

Big Club 1 Rovers 2

At home yes, forgot it was away. I think we lose again sadly.  3-2 Brum. Defence is all over the place.

This has the feel of a dead rubber game, lack of enthusiasm all round. It feels like some second round league cup fixture when you can't even remember which team we're playing. It's not being played at the start of May when we can't really change our league position much, it's on January the second.

That's a bit shit all round, isn't it? 

• Like 5

No idea which players will be available as there are plenty of sick notes on the managers desk.

It's becoming increasingly apparent that this formation / players instructions is not working or has been sussed out by our opposition.

My humble opinion is that our full backs are being pushed too far up the pitch and also being told to play as wide as possible, which is causing chaos at the back when the opposition break out with the ball.

At the beginning of the season we were playing with pace, moving the ball quickly, loads of movement and, dare I say, playing our best football for a long time.

Unfortunately, we are now playing slow, over methodical, without flair etc., what's happened to Holtby, Rothy and Elliot, they were terrorising teams earlier in the season, and the use of Gallagher on the wing is infuriating.

My thoughts are that these players are being asked to forfeit their natural attacking instincts to allow the FB's to get forward, which is not working.

Too be fair, we have had injuries and their timings couldn't have been worse, but, selection / substitutions have been poor / hard to fathom / bizarre. 

Anyway, with that off my chest, Happy New Year to all and let's hope that by some miracle we field 11 players who can produce a decent performance and result.

Edited by Doug
  • Like 7

13 hours ago, TheRoversReturn said:

This has the feel of a dead rubber game, lack of enthusiasm all round. It feels like some second round league cup fixture when you can't even remember which team we're playing. It's not being played at the start of May when we can't really change our league position much, it's on January the second.

That's a bit shit all round, isn't it? 

And the players will probably have the same attitude ...

Time for change .