BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Birmingham - Away, Sat 2nd Jan

23 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

First post from me, so here goes...

We can't keep a clean sheet to save our lives, no matter whom Mowbray picks in the back 4 or what exotic formation he tries to instill.

2-1 loss. 

I hope I'm wrong.

Welcome, I hope you are wrong as well.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Haven't seen any updates on the fitness of Nyambe or Ayala but if we start the game with a back 4 of

Buckley--Lenihan--Johnson--Bell

Its going to be a long afternoon.

Hello... EFL? Yes hi. We’ve had numerous positive Covid tests and are going to need to postpone our game tomorrow. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

First post from me, so here goes...

We can't keep a clean sheet to save our lives, no matter whom Mowbray picks in the back 4 or what exotic formation he tries to instill.

2-1 loss. 

I hope I'm wrong.

Welcome aboard, I am glad there are fans who love the Rovers enough to post during the lean times. 

I have low expectations. we will eventually hit a run, just to get our hopes up, then the bleak period of results and disappointment which follows. 

• Like 1

Lets restart the belief of our club and start the year how we tend to end it... with a BANG! Show us what we are made of lads!  Expecting a standout performance from Big Ben if nothing else.

As for Mowbray, we may have hit a stagnant phase, and I would be one to explore other options however we may be wasting our breath as I doubt the hierarchy seem bothered about replacing him, especially during these times.  Match preview and more.

25 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

At best, a shoddy, lucky 1-1 draw. At worst, 3-0 loss. 

We are entirely dependent on Armstrong having one of those amazing games where he scores at least 2 goals.

We could win, easily. Rovers are not totally dependent on Arma... we have BB, Dack, Elliott, etc. 

But, we could just as easily score 2, and lose, 3-2. Our defending is a shambles. We have been conceding a goal a game, far too easily. I have no faith in our backs. 

1 hour ago, StevenSK said:

Think il pass on today’s game. Infact il pass on each game till he’s gone. It’s a waste of a tenner and two hours of my time watching us atm

These days every game we play with our 'possession based football' feels like a whole afternoon or evening - about 3 to 4 hours.

• Like 1

What to say. I love Rovers, I hate Rovers. I'm desperate for a win, then I think what's the point it won't make any difference. I'll pay my 10 quids again, but I don't want to. I'll feel awful before, during and after the match.

But maybe THAT is the point, there isn't one, the whole damned rigmarole is pointless! Rovers are a Labour of love, I'll always be a Rover no matter how hopeless it gets so once more into the breach dear friends.

Expecting a defeat again but what the heck, I'm going with a 0:3 scoreline.

Come on St. Jude.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Stonesrick said:

These days every game we play with our 'possession based football' feels like a whole afternoon or evening - about 3 to 4 hours.

Totally agree it’s crap football. It’s 70 percent in our own half and sideways or along the defence before Lenihan panics and whacks it into row z, it’s not true possession football,  Give me charging around, closing down, aggressive in your face football with some meaty tackling any day with a bit of counter attack, Give me more Andy Todd’s! 

56 points in the whole of 2020! No doubt he gets a win today and people will forget just how poor we are. Fed up of Rovers underperforming at the moment, 2 pages on a match day thread so far says everyone else is probably just as disillusioned as me.

Happy NY folks anyways 😂

Edited by StevenSK
  • Like 3

0-0 1-1. Don’t care

the exciting , brilliant, expansive football we played at the start of the season just made me realise how utterly awful and miserable the last decade has been. For a few brief weeks I paid my tenner and sat optimistic, excited and remembered what it felt to be a rovers fan. If I want to be bored and miserable I will save myself a tenner and earn some brownie points by staring and nodding blankly at the wife instead of the tv. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Oldgregg86 said:

0-0 1-1. Don’t care

the exciting , brilliant, expansive football we played at the start of the season just made me realise how utterly awful and miserable the last decade has been. For a few brief weeks I paid my tenner and sat optimistic, excited and remembered what it felt to be a rovers fan. If I want to be bored and miserable I will save myself a tenner and earn some brownie points by staring and nodding blankly at the wife instead of the tv. 

I think you'll get good odds on it not ending 0-0. When did we last keep a clean sheet ?