BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Birmingham - Away, Sat 2nd Jan

5 minutes ago, matt83 said:

In the grand scheme of things the 3 points makes no difference. Not in a relegation battle nor in a play off race. Just zeroing in on that 12th spot. Long live mediocrity.

Big win that.

Playoffs have gone, but we were in danger of getting dragged into a relegation struggle with our form. 

• Like 1

• Backroom

Sounded like a crap game but 2-0, Travis and Dack got more minutes and a goal for the Dackinator, can’t ask for more on the day.

A bit of a gimme with the opposition but we did our bit to make sure we won 

1 minute ago, Tugay-is-God said:

Fantastic play by Dolan for sure, but i think you're being a bit harsh on Dack there, there was still plenty of work for him to do. 

Harsh on Dack? So sensitive, I didn’t make any comment about him one way or the other.

But as you bring it up, that shot is about all Dack contributed while he was on.

Dolan regularly shows up other players in his cameos. That lad embodies the ethos of skill and hard work... yet relegated to a bit post in favour of a high-priced, low-scoring striker and developing another team’s player for them. 

Souey would have had Elliott on one wing and Dolan on the other and would be scaring the shit out of opposition full backs.

That goal was made in East Lancashire, not East London.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Well done the defence not allowing a single effort on goal, Douglas looked very good for once. Plenty to like about Trav and Davenport, but pretty piss poor from everyone else till the new Ronaldo came on and made the second.

Think that honour should go to the Birmingham side in fairness , they worked hard at avoiding it

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, TheRoversReturn said:

That goal showed just how awful Mowbray's team selection has been this season.

WHY is he playing Gally on the wing game after game when we have Dolan who can come on and give the opposition kittens?!?

I agree wholeheartedly.

What is with this long ball sh*te!!! 

We should be playing passing football with the likes of dolan on the team sheet NOT Gallagher, that guy cannot play football! 

So happy for dack, he needed that goal more badly to cement his place and show the league he isnt just back in theory.

As far as Dolan goes, that goal was all him imo and I'm glad as this will now force mowbray to rethink his bizarre team selection tactics.

LONG BALLS ONLY WORK WHEN YOU ACTUALLY RECIEVE THE BALL AND USE IT!!

• Backroom

Amazing how far Karanka has fallen since getting Boro promoted only 4 years ago. From that to two basket case clubs in Forest and Brum, with no success at either (and an 18 month gap between those jobs).

Mowbray will cling onto this job for dear life. He ain't going anywhere.

I thought we’d win despite the make shift team, as I predicted pre match. Without fail Mowbray will win when the knives come out and so it proved.

Delighted for Dack, we need to find a spot in the first 11 for him moving forward now. Davenport better start too.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Harsh on Dack? So sensitive, I didn’t make any comment about him one way or the other.

But as you bring it up, that shot is about all Dack contributed while he was on.

Dolan regularly shows up other players in his cameos. That lad embodies the ethos of skill and hard work... yet relegated to a bit post in favour of a high-priced, low-scoring striker and developing another team’s player for them. 

Souey would have had Elliott on one wing and Dolan on the other and would be scaring the shit out of opposition full backs.

That goal was made in East Lancashire, not East London.

Easy now, was just saying that they both deserved credit!

• Like 2

Always good when Rovers win and you make a bob or two.

However, sadly IMO, this just papers over the cracks and eases any pressure on Mowbray and we are likely to be stuck with, IMO, this dinosaurian  lummox of a manager until hell freezes over.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

So pleased for Dack. I bet he's dreamed about that moment during his year's absence. Great to see Trav back too.

I didn't watch the game so I cant comment on the performance, but nice to get 3 points. 

Just a shame we're well off the pace for the play off places. 

5 points isn't that far.

• Like 2