BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Birmingham - Away, Sat 2nd Jan

2 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Goalscorers cost a lot of money. You'd have to replace them because nobody else scores. That will cost a lot of money. AA top scorer in the Championship and Dack consistently the top scorer from midfield in the division.

It’s another Rhodes Gestede debate if we don’t go up this year

Not a great watch but the points are very welcome.

I read earlier someone suggesting Mowbray had lost the dressing room but those players put in a shift today especially our back 4 and full credit to them.

I actually thought Gallagher played with lots of purpose and energy and he was knackered at the end but he’s now the latest scapegoat so his criticism continues.

Great to see Travis back and Dack’s goal after great work by Dolan. He was the perfect foil for Armstrong and pulled their tiring defence all over the place.

Gavin Ward as a referee is a “baby faced assassin” giving some bewildering decisions against both teams. 
At least now we get a break for 14 days from league games. 
A chance to work on the training ground and maybe get one or two defensive loanees.

I’m a happy Rover tonight!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, StevenSK said:

It’s another Rhodes Gestede debate if we don’t go up this year

It shouldn't be. The defence was the problem back then as well, not our two strikers scoring 20+ goals each in a season. We kept a clean sheet today and the goalscorers in the team did their job.  We won. It's not a difficult conundrum. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 1

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, StevenSK said:

I knew it wouldn’t take them long.....

Lads lay off the social networks because you’ve been dogshit the last ten games, now they’re giving it Bertie big bollocks.

Or alternatively..... nice to see a player that has (quite rightly) been booted out the squad, not sulk and spit his dummy out, but show full support to the people that are playing, and genuine joy at their success.

Rare thing I'd say in a modern professional footballer. Good on him.

Not his fault the team that does play has been awful for ages. 

• Like 8

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Silas said:

Or alternatively..... nice to see a player that has (quite rightly) been booted out the squad, not sulk and spit his dummy out, but show full support to the people that are playing, and genuine joy at their success.

Tbf he's getting paid a hell of a wage to be the dressing room/social media motivator... I wouldn't be sulking too much either!

• Moderation Lead
51 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Harsh on Dack? So sensitive, I didn’t make any comment about him one way or the other.

But as you bring it up, that shot is about all Dack contributed while he was on.

Dolan regularly shows up other players in his cameos. That lad embodies the ethos of skill and hard work... yet relegated to a bit post in favour of a high-priced, low-scoring striker and developing another team’s player for them. 

Souey would have had Elliott on one wing and Dolan on the other and would be scaring the shit out of opposition full backs.

That goal was made in East Lancashire, not East London.

But Dack scored and sealed the win.

Aren’t goals still the object of the game?

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Silas said:

Spit his dummy out he’s a professional? Dosent wash with me. It’s not our fault he’s a poor player at this level. Good ambassador I agree.

I hope they all stay off social media because the performances the last six games have been dire, I wish they were quiet and got on with the game in hand.

• Backroom
Just now, DE. said:

Tbf he's getting paid a hell of a wage to be the dressing room/social media motivator... I wouldn't be sulking too much either!

Exactly tho DE, so what does that say about the turds that do. The ones that drag the team down even from the sidelines. Boils my blood.

You're right, the very least you should expect from someone being paid handsomely to do "nothing", is their support. Just the reality is, that's often not the case.

Don't even start me on Danny Murphy's wife (ex)!! 🤬🤬

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

It shouldn't be. The defence was the problem back then as well, not our two strikers scoring 20+ goals each in a season. We kept a clean sheet today and the goalscorers in the team did their job.  We won. It's not a difficult conundrum. 

No but that’s what I’m saying if lightning strikes twice dacky arma and Elliott score gestede and Rhodes numbers and we’ve not learnt then it’s been a huge wasted effort 

6 minutes ago, DE. said:

Where was his motivation skills over the last six games? I’m jesting here Half heartedly but you get my point. He’s the Club captain in our out of the team he’s partly responsible to get them up and motivated 

• Backroom
1 minute ago, StevenSK said:

I hope they all stay off social media because the performances the last six games have been dire, I wish they were quiet and got on with the game in hand.

Oh, I agree on that. All footballers should be banned throughout their career full stop.

"But you can't tell them what to do in their free time!" is the argument. 

Why not? They're stopped from drinking, clubbing, eating bad foods etc etc.

That's all in their free time. what difference is staying off a toxic social media site. I'd have it written into every contract. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

In regards to any talk of the referee, has anyone seen back the incident in the first half where they looked to have a strong penalty appeal for a trip by Bell prior to us scoring on the break?

I wouldn't have given it.

There was zero threat on goal and the lightest of touches.

Just now, Silas said:

Oh, I agree on that. All footballers should be banned throughout their career full stop.

"But you can't tell them what to do in their free time!" is the argument. 

Why not? They're stopped from drinking, clubbing, eating bad foods etc etc.

That's all in their free time. what difference is staying off a toxic social media site. I'd have it written into every contract. 

Haha you know what I mean though I’m getting old but I don’t think I’d be going round high fiving a win after watching my team I’m captain of being completely shit for five games? I’d wait to say something till we’ve had a bit of success at least and not a win at a poor Birmingham. Smacks of minimal standards

• Like 1