BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Birmingham - Away, Sat 2nd Jan

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

Gallagher's a tricky one as with the ball he is a total liability. But without the ball he gives us a target to hit long and defensively he provides a lot of height and physicality....

He had a great defensive game today but was abysmal going forward. Which is a weird thing to say about a striker...

Wasn't Chris Sutton a good defender/striker? Maybe try Gallagher at centre half. Hes a giant. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

‘If we get a good fee for him, I’d sell’.

I’m glad anyone who makes posts like this isn’t running the show.

Why would we want to sell our best players, who score most of our goals, unless we absolutely have to?

Exactly ..same arguments when we had Rhodes .."we re playing with ten again" .."does fook  all ...but scores goals " ..okkkkk

We ve ten other players out there to put the graft ..and the craft to keep Armstrong doing what he can with a decent supply ..score goals.

Get the right players around him and im sure he ll continue ...which ..to be fair we have. Shore that hole up at the back and we ll give anyone a good game.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Ayala out for four weeks according to Mowbray. You couldn’t make it up given what Boro fans told us about his new year ‘injuries’. They thought we’d at least get a tune out of him pre Christmas though!!!

Should signed Sarr ahead of Ayala. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, booth said:

I'm going to be the one to say it but Douglas wasn't bad today.

Tbf I would have looked alright against that Birmingham team. Much bigger challenges to come, although I imagine Douglas at RB was a one off due to injuries, so we're unlikely to see him there again any time soon.

13 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

That's crackers imo. The goal he scored today was one of many that Armstrong scored on his own really through his pace and finishing, despite a decent pass to set him up. Lose him and we are really struggling in my opinion.

I'd do everything to hold onto him till the summer.

Agree. 

18 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

That’s football for you, opinions.

You say lucky, I say his instinct and technique is why he is who he is. 

He gets lucky with the ball and where it lands prior to striking it is which I meant though I did think that was entirely obvious?

1 minute ago, StevenSK said:

He gets lucky with the ball and where it lands prior to striking it is which I meant though I did think that was entirely obvious?

Ah ok ..so lets forget his skill ..vision and technique to put it in the back of the net from 18yards ...

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead

As an aside, I’m absolutely convinced that people are still mad at Dack for being photographed at that barbecue that one time. As if his presence there is a reason to permanently have something against him, rather than him being our main source of goals since he arrived until he got injured just over a year ago. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, StevenSK said:

Like I said, opinions.

You saw a player lose the ball and another get lucky to be there to score.

I saw Dolan do really well to carry the ball for us when clocks ticking down, try hold it up against 4 men, and then the Dack man come in to send it home.

• Like 4

Get in we beat "Big" club. 

I won't be mentioning a single word to anyone I know who supports them 🤔😂😂

We have to hope we buck the trend and push for the play offs now. And yes I only say that as TM is going nowhere, a bit like our flying winger Sam. 

The window is open so go get us a CB TM! Oh and how does he not see that Dolan needs to be starting ahead of Gally. 

Well done to Dack as well, good to see him scoring again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

Probably more the very good fortune that defence came up against a side without a goal for 345 minutes of football. That said I’m stunned that lot kept a clean sheet.

On paper that’s still the worst back 4 I can recall. If anyone can think of a worse one I’ll happily stand corrected. 

Absolutely... I simply meant there’s no way I expected this bunch to keep a clean sheet. Doubtless, Birm are a poor side, but we’ve lost to worst sides this season & last. 

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Goalscorers cost a lot of money. You'd have to replace them because nobody else scores. That will cost a lot of money. AA top scorer in the Championship and Dack consistently the top scorer from midfield in the division.

Doesn’t matter if the manager can’t organise a defence.

It’s vanity to brag about having goalscorer yet finishing midtable every season.

5 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Yes. But they need creating.

18 year old lad on a free from preston waltzing through tired defences has created a few this season, and hopefully more now our main match winner is back.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if armstrong is sold does anyone trust mowbray to spend the cash wisely,did`nt exactly work out well when venky gave him 12 million quid did it

Worked out alright when he signed him in first place didn’t it?

• Like 2