BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Birmingham - Away, Sat 2nd Jan

Got a feeling it’s Mowbray’s last stand if we lose.

A change of manager after today would allow positive impetus into the club if we lose today.

As fir watching on iFollow? Not a chance not only can I do without the frustration I can’t bear the thought of that awful commentary team!

1-0

• Like 2

This is my first post and I don't want to sound too optimistic but I really feel Rovers are still able to fight for one of the playoff spots. This league is all about momentum. A win today can change a lot.
In an ideal world, TM was already been fired but I can't see this happen no matter what. I know Rovers are not looking too good at this moment, but after seeing all the other teams in this league play, I truly believe there is a reason to be optimistic. 
Is Stoke city better? A team that after 35 minutes against Rovers, one of its players got a yellow card for time wasting.

4 minutes ago, moops said:

This is my first post and I don't want to sound too optimistic but I really feel Rovers are still able to fight for one of the playoff spots. This league is all about momentum. A win today can change a lot.
In an ideal world, TM was already been fired but I can't see this happen no matter what. I know Rovers are not looking too good at this moment, but after seeing all the other teams in this league play, I truly believe there is a reason to be optimistic. 
Is Stoke city better? A team that after 35 minutes against Rovers, one of its players got a yellow card for time wasting.

Sadly, it is beyond this manager to get a 65% win rate out of these players. It has already been said that we'd need at least 45 more points to get into the playoffs, and even with the best will in the world, a fair amount of luck, and an astonishing turnaround in form, we just aren't going to build that kind of momentum. Which means, to all intents and purposes, that the rest of the season is a dead rubber - we the fans know it, the players know it, the manager knows it. And what, exactly, does that knowledge do to motivation in each of those camps?

Don't get me wrong - I always want Rovers to win. I always want the players to give 100% for the shirt, I always want to bask in that warm glow that comes from seeing the Rovers prevail. It's just it feels a little hollow when the reality is that it will count for nothing in the end this season, despite the optimism we all had when we were scoring for fun and seemed to have a plan on the pitch.

Je suis desole. Cheers for your first post though!

giphy.gif

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think you'll get good odds on it not ending 0-0. When did we last keep a clean sheet ?

Bumped into a mate the other day who said he loved Rovers at the mo because we are always good value for a both teams to score or over 2.5 goals bet.

I was less impressed mind you.

• Like 1

• Backroom
58 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Bumped into a mate the other day who said he loved Rovers at the mo because we are always good value for a both teams to score or over 2.5 goals bet.

I was less impressed mind you.

Rovers have been good for that bet for years now. Like you say, not a great place to be if you want promotion. 

Interestingly, our odds of a win have shortened overnight (2.15 down to 2.05). Who the hell is lumping on us for a win?! @Mercer? 😀

You can get 1.77 on Brum not to lose. That's where the value is for me. Sadly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TimmyJimmy said:

What to say. I love Rovers, I hate Rovers. I'm desperate for a win, then I think what's the point it won't make any difference. I'll pay my 10 quids again, but I don't want to. I'll feel awful before, during and after the match.

But maybe THAT is the point, there isn't one, the whole damned rigmarole is pointless! Rovers are a Labour of love, I'll always be a Rover no matter how hopeless it gets so once more into the breach dear friends.

Expecting a defeat again but what the heck, I'm going with a 0:3 scoreline.

Come on St. Jude.

People have been buying season tickets for the last 10 years on exactly this basis.

God love you.

1 minute ago, StevenSK said:

Aye because St. Andrews is an absolute fortress for big club

Imagine never having won there. In my lifetime I think they've either got to a Milk Cup final, or won it. That's it. About as average a club as you can get across the top two divisions over the last 20 odd years. And our manager has never won a game there. The absolute state of him! 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Tony Mowbray has never won a game he has managed at St Andrews. Everything you need to know about him right there. 

Didn't we beat Coventry at St. Andrews earlier this season? Big Tone at the helm.

Edited by BigBar

The benefit of this ifollow crap is you can see the line up and decide whether or not to bother paying or not. In normal times you’ve already committed yourself to entering the ground however much you want to turn around and go home. My line in the sand of not watching is if any of Gallagher, Douglas or Bennett (when fit) starts. 

It's a win. I know I predicted that against Wednesday and was wrong but the crisis is getting more serious now. 

We've even had rumblings of discontent on Facebook (things "not being great" is the nearest thing of pitchforks on there) and we are sliding down the table. We are, or were, flat track bullies, Brum are a basket case in terrible form. All in all we need a win to keep aiming for mediocracy and this is a golden opportunity to do so. 

Of course the injuries at the back - huge shock I know - make it a less obvious outcome. But even so a win is due. It will be heralded as turning the corner, the start of our season and our promotion push. Well, until the next loss when the excuses will re-emerge. 

But for today it's a Rovers win as we continue our journey of walking round in a circle. 2-1 Rovers. 

• Like 1