BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn v Doncaster, FA Cup, Sat 9th Jan

The LT says we have been training at Ewood as the pitches at Brockhall are frozen.

I'm expecting the pitch to be an absolute state, as it was already bad. Not good for a side that likes to try possession football. Hopefully it forces us into playing the more direct game that actually suits us.

3 hours ago, neophox said:

Any link for the game for overseas fans?

Officially it looks like ESPN VOD in a lot of countries ,  Viaplay for Scandanavia, Just scroll down this page gives a list of countries and which station is showing it

https://www.livesoccertv.com/match/3858879/blackburn-rovers-vs-doncaster-rovers/

59 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Officially it looks like ESPN VOD in a lot of countries ,  Viaplay for Scandanavia, Just scroll down this page gives a list of countries and which station is showing it

https://www.livesoccertv.com/match/3858879/blackburn-rovers-vs-doncaster-rovers/

Good Man Thanks.

I love ESPN+

I’m in a WhatsApp group and someone has said the team is: 

Pears; Pike, Lenihan, Johnson, Bell; Downing, Davenport, Buckley; Dolan Dack Brereton. 

No evidence that this is a decent tip, but a talking point. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, J*B said:

Pears; Pike, Lenihan, Johnson, Bell; Downing, Davenport, Buckley; Dolan Dack Brereton. 

Speculating in the extreme, I wonder if Travis would be a covid-related omission?

4 hours ago, J*B said:

That front 3 should be too strong for their makeshift defence.

On 07/01/2021 at 04:22, Riverside under the drip said:

As I once said to some lads from Southampton, "Why would you pick us? Are you off your rocker?!" As someone whose earliest Rovers memories were whilst sat on my Mum's shoulders, a few words I'd take friendly issue with:

1. Should. We all know *should*. We all know Rovers don't hang with *should*.

2. Cups. Cup*s*. This is not the League Cup. This is the FA Cup. Abide with Me. Stanley Matthews. Matching suits. Dave Whelan breaking his leg. The Crazy Gang. That episode of The Detectives. 1884-6 and all that. It's written into football folklore in a way the league just isn't.

Personally, I'd prefer Rovers to win the FA Cup than win another Premier League. Been there. Done that. Neither are going to happen any time soon but the magic of the cup is strong with this one.

Side note, if we don't loan a player in time, why on Earth would you loan out your last, fit defender in Carter? We must be close.

Friendly issue....  I’m just saying beating or losing to Stoke isn’t dependent on what happens tomorrow vs Doncaster. Mowbray says he loves the FA, & has since he was a kid. Playing Dack & Travis proves he takes this seriously. 

As far as the FA Cup as opposed to the EFL Cup, no doubt the FA is more prestigious. Rovers won a passel of ‘em, prior to 1930. But, I have to believe any Rovers fan since 2001 holds EFL Cup win over Tots as as big deal. 

As for winning the PL again, I just want us to be promoted in my lifetime (I’ve only been a fan since 2013, & I’m 58). I will accept whatever happens afterward. But it would mean as much, if not more, to this generation of fans to win it, as it did to those in 1995.

2 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Looks like @AllRoverAsia can get it on Bein Sports Connect according to the link above.

Edit: No idea how accessible that is out in Thailand btw!

I don't have it myself but it's here.

I'm going to try the FA Player, if necessary through a VPN.

If that fails all the FA Cup matches are available, somewhere.

Google is a Friend.

• Like 1