BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn v Doncaster, FA Cup, Sat 9th Jan

9 hours ago, WacoRover said:

Friendly issue....  I’m just saying beating or losing to Stoke isn’t dependent on what happens tomorrow vs Doncaster. Mowbray says he loves the FA, & has since he was a kid. Playing Dack & Travis proves he takes this seriously. 

As far as the FA Cup as opposed to the EFL Cup, no doubt the FA is more prestigious. Rovers won a passel of ‘em, prior to 1930. But, I have to believe any Rovers fan since 2001 holds EFL Cup win over Tots as as big deal. 

As for winning the PL again, I just want us to be promoted in my lifetime (I’ve only been a fan since 2013, & I’m 58). I will accept whatever happens afterward. But it would mean as much, if not more, to this generation of fans to win it, as it did to those in 1995.

Fair enough. As a teacher, the kids weren't even born for relatively recent (in my mind) things. They've never heard of Britney Spears never mind Carlos Villanueva saving us at Blyth or Steven Reid's screamer at Wigan!

24 minutes ago, Riverside under the drip said:

Fair enough. As a teacher, the kids weren't even born for relatively recent (in my mind) things. They've never heard of Britney Spears never mind Carlos Villanueva saving us at Blyth or Steven Reid's screamer at Wigan!

Reid was in the league wasn't it? New Years Eve I think....

10 hours ago, WacoRover said:

As far as the FA Cup as opposed to the EFL Cup, no doubt the FA is more prestigious. Rovers won a passel of ‘em, prior to 1930. But, I have to believe any Rovers fan since 2001 holds EFL Cup win over Tots as as big deal. 

As for winning the PL again, I just want us to be promoted in my lifetime (I’ve only been a fan since 2013, & I’m 58). I will accept whatever happens afterward. But it would mean as much, if not more, to this generation of fans to win it, as it did to those in 1995.

What made you become a fan of lil ol Rovers instead of the big teams that NBC saturate.TV with over here.  Given the stress and heartache this team has had me endure for 50+ years I almost envy.your position.  The Prem win and years leading up to it I had no knowledge of over here.  There was zero coverage of English footy back then.and having lost touch with everone I had no clue.  I did get to see the Final win over Spurs and our Demolition of the Dingles due to a fine group of folks on here, one of us would get the tape, VCR correctly formatted, was it you EiT? .and we would maolmit all ove.America,.watch it and forward it to the next.fan...Giid days.on this board back then, quite a camraderie.

Fitting that my return coincides with our demise since.  This internet has been a blessing my American wife.does not get that I am up at the crack of dawn to watch a team I have not seen live since 84.  Love it just love it...Hate it just hate it.

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, USABlue said:

This internet has been a blessing my American wife.does not get that I am up at the crack of dawn to watch a team I have not seen live since 84.  Love it just love it...Hate it just hate it.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Oh you've got it...you got it BAAAADDD!! 😂😂😂

My ifollow is showing this afternoon's match as being available to watch.

I am actually really looking forward to seeing whatever emerges from the tombola this afternoon in blue and white.

I think I am right in saying Mowbray has never won an FA Cup third round tie with Rovers..

1 hour ago, USABlue said:

What made you become a fan of lil ol Rovers instead of the big teams that NBC saturate.TV with over here.  Given the stress and heartache this team has had me endure for 50+ years I almost envy.your position.  The Prem win and years leading up to it I had no knowledge of over here.  There was zero coverage of English footy back then.and having lost touch with everone I had no clue.  I did get to see the Final win over Spurs and our Demolition of the Dingles due to a fine group of folks on here, one of us would get the tape, VCR correctly formatted, was it you EiT? .and we would maolmit all ove.America,.watch it and forward it to the next.fan...Giid days.on this board back then, quite a camraderie.

Fitting that my return coincides with our demise since.  This internet has been a blessing my American wife.does not get that I am up at the crack of dawn to watch a team I have not seen live since 84.  Love it just love it...Hate it just hate it.

long may it continue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, USABlue said:

It would have been easy to be a Liverpool fan. Our son got his Master’s at Reading, and he adopted them quickly while in England (but the first game he saw was Reading/Blackburn, with a Jordan Rhodes Game winner). I began learning about the game, studying the teams & players, and I kept going back to Blackburn Rovers. The first game I saw on TV was an FA Cup match, Rovers vs ManC, the first goal was by Scott Dann. 

I was born in Dallas, two years after the Dallas Cowboys were born, so we grew up together. My earliest memories were 1969, Roger Staubach & Calvin Hill’s rookie seasons, & “Doomsday, that great defense they had, so the Cowboys were already winning by then. It would have been easy to pick a “massive” PL team to follow. I still think it ironic the last time the Cowboys & Rovers hit Paydirt was the same season- 1995. 

My wife & I got a personal tour of Ewood last September. I also went to the Anfield museum, got my picture taken with the six “big ears”, etc. But I treasure my pic with Rovers’ PL trophy, much more. 

CoYB!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

I kept going back to Blackburn Rovers. The first game I saw on TV was an FA Cup match, Rovers vs ManC, the first goal was by Scott Dann. 

You've missed all the good shit.  Respect for supporting rovers through their lowest ebb for a while though.👍

• Like 4

2 hours ago, philipl said:

My ifollow is showing this afternoon's match as being available to watch.

I am actually really looking forward to seeing whatever emerges from the tombola this afternoon in blue and white.

I think I am right in saying Mowbray has never won an FA Cup third round tie with Rovers..

Are you sure that wont just be the commentary? Just checked no FA Cup ties shown on iFollow

Edited by Derbyshire Blue

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

#Rovers XI: Pears; Buckley, Lenihan, Johnson, Bell; Trybull, Downing, Travis; Dolan, Dack, Brereton

Worst back 4 (5 if you include Pears)  we’ve ever put out? 

Seems like he’s promising time to certain players. Pike should have debuted today. Tony to nice which is why he will always be a poor manager. Makes decisions weighted in emotion.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I really like the FA Cup.

We have never and will never win it, at least in my lifetime, but I want a win today and a big boy at home net or Chorley, well done to them today.

Is Whitebait playing for Donny?

Yes well done Chorley who dominated the Derby kids. Good to see Tomlinson and Adam Henley play for Chorley.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Yoogo said:

I wouldn't bank on that. iFollow is run by the EFL, not the FA. Until this season, Carabao Cup (run by the EFL) games were free to watch, but that no longer seems to be the case.

Any idea how does overseas fans watch this game if iFollow isnt showing? Understand UK fans can use the FA Cup app, but overseas fans?

• Like 1