BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn v Doncaster, FA Cup, Sat 9th Jan

A real Football Manager loss - enormous amount of chances but not much of substance. What is more likely with our board is an under reaction. The premier league are playing their kids in this cup this year, it’s a real chance for some success. It was more of a surrender than it was a competitive performance. Fuming isn’t even the word. 

There is always the danger of overreacting after them types of losses but our board won’t react at all. Mowbray is here for the long haul. He doesn’t care. He’s just once again surrendered our chances of silverware because he is trying to be something he isn’t. Why were there nearly more players out of position at the end than there was playing in their natural positions? Fucking play your players where they became pros at - stop trying to be smart and doing things out of the ordinary. Just play the damn game of football. 

Done with it for this weekend. Don’t want to see another football until the next game. Mowbray is driving me crazy. 

• Like 9

Brereton shouldn't be anywhere near that team next match starting or bench, but of course everyone knows he'll be a starter.

Huffed and puffed all match, passed it to imaginary friends, couldn't shoot for shite. Money well spent Tony.

Mowbray on the bench today looked a defeated man, who is not even bothering to go through the motions. He looked completely uninterested and like he would have rather been anywhere else. The only thing keeping him here is his very nice salary. For goodness sake Venky's and Waggott put the man out of his misery.

• Like 6

That was a dire performance from beginning to end. Hate the tippy tappy stuff we are playing. Sideways and back it goes. No penetration. Players looked disinterested today. TM running out of time; already run out of ideas. Still...we can concentrate on the league! 😤😤😤

7 minutes ago, Elvis Biro said:

Looks like the mighty Blackburn Rovers, six-time winners, might be exiting the FA Cup whilst local rivals Chorley march on into the 4th round.

Hey ho.

I rage-quit the FA Player when the commentator described us as 'a minor scalp, we can maybe say'. Fuck off, not only are we a full league above them but we are, as you say, repeated winners of this trophy, have real significant heritage in the game, and have only spent what, 3 or 4 seasons at the level Doncaster currently are? Meanwhile...they're fucking Doncaster. Their greatest achievements are that they once won the third tier we were embarassed to be in, and once won the Football League Trophy we are usually in too high a league to be entered in (our u-23s have been entered into it once though). This result is an embarassment for us.

Right now I feel like it's going to be very hard to give a fuck about the rest of the season. I'm sure I'll fall back into the trap of dreaming again at some point though, and put myself through the same torture every Saturday, sometimes twice a week.

• Like 7

On 07/01/2021 at 00:25, Mercer said:

Feckin hell, we are playing Donny of League 1 who have been ravaged by Covid.

I expect to see Dack and Brereton start.

Unless Mowbray throws a complete wobbler and lines up with 4 dustbins across the back then it's a nailed on home banker.

Rovers' win is 13/18 and barring any Mowbray idiocy (I'll make that call when I see our line up at 2.00pm), I'll be placing £180 to win £130.  And before anyone questions my sanity, I made a bundle on Man City tonight who, after their Chelsea performance, were as high as 11/10 to win tonight - a licence to print money.

It’s bad news for Mrs Mercer, she’s on the cheap red tonight. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Lihamylly said:

This is not good enough. This is not acceptable. We will not go forward with this manager, he has reached his limits.

There's only one solution.

You don't say?!!!

Sorry I'm just fuming, I've already killed the cat, so looking for sommat else to kick!!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He's the only one who holds the ball up in our front 3. 

He needs to work on his finishing for sure, but he's still a work in progress. Most importantly he fucking runs his socks off for 90 minutes and provides a constant outlet. 

He's the least of our problems.

Just another passenger and from todays performance alone a terrible footballer and an even worse striker.

Doncaster. A new low.

Never looked remotely good enough. Still unable to beat a team when they sit deep.

No plan B, creativity, conviction or composure.

We’re clearly not good enough to outplay teams when they have 11 men so let’s stop pretending that we can. I can’t remember us looking so shaky at the back in years.

I’ve never hated watching us play so much as I have over the last 3 months. It’s utter torture. 

Get rid of Buckley. No idea what he’s meant to bring. 

The pitch is a disgrace. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ewood Ace said:

Mowbray on the bench today looked a defeated man, who is not even bothering to go through the motions. He looked completely uninterested and like he would have rather been anywhere else. The only thing keeping him here is his very nice salary. For goodness sake Venky's and Waggott put the man out of his misery.

If I were chairman and I saw my manager behaving like he did in the final stages I would be slinging him out of the stadium with his P45. As I say - he knows he’s untouchable. It’s an absolute joke.

• Like 6

Just now, bluebruce said:

I rage-quit the FA Player when the commentator described us as 'a minor scalp, we can maybe say'. Fuck off, not only are we a full league above them but we are, as you say, repeated winners of this trophy, have real significant heritage in the game, and have only spent what, 3 or 4 seasons at the level Doncaster currently are? Meanwhile...they're fucking Doncaster. Their greatest achievements are that they once won the third tier we were embarassed to be in, and once won the Football League Trophy we are usually in too high a league to be entered in (our u-23s have been entered into it once though). This result is an embarassment for us.

Right now I feel like it's going to be very hard to give a fuck about the rest of the season. I'm sure I'll fall back into the trap of dreaming again at some point though, and put myself through the same torture every Saturday, sometimes twice a week.

X 100%

Just clear the fucking swamp!!!

6 minutes ago, neophox said:

Their keeper Balcombe was really good along with Wright and Anderson. Sign them up asap and Sack Mowbray/Venus !

No need to sign any of them, just need a manager with a modicum of football knowledge in the 21st century and we would piss this league

• Like 3

Hmm, only caught the last 5-10  minutes on this (which in hindsight was a good move on my part) and it is a very disappointing day. As I said in the pre match comments this was our best chance of a bit of excitement and "success" through a decent cup run. As it is, the season is now over. 

A number of disappointing things about today. 

1) The team was pretty decent. It had Dack, Bereton, Travis, our only fit centre back, and a number of seasoned Championship level pros in the team. We also brought on Rothwell, one our best midfielders, as well as arguably our best two attacking players. On paper that is a fairly solid team to put out - so for them to get nothing from Donny is pretty poor and embarrassing. The Under 23s standing in this was not. 

3) Speaking of embarrassing that defence! To have to have 2 midfielders in a back line really shows you have arsed up your recruitment spectacularly in the defensive department. One is poor, two is criminal negligence. Terrible squad creation by TM with regards to the defence.

3) On the defence Buckley, who I quite like, is not a right back. He's not got a single attribute of a right back. When a player is young and struggling to cement a place in his standard position, putting him in a position that he is physically and wholly unsuitable to is only going to be to the detriment of the player and the team. I just don't get it, unless someone has said to TM a player cannot be played more out of position than Gally on the wing, and he's taken that as a challenge. 

4) Really poor performance by all acounts. The last 10 minutes wasn't pretty. Seems like with the subs all went to pot and no one had an idea where or what was going on. If a situation can be complicated then trust TM to do it. 

5) Also with so many good players having an off day questions need to be asked as to whether TM has lost the dressing room. I don't think he has but then e's rarely have so many players play so badly. 

Most significantly of all, to me the season is ended. We ain't going up or down, there's no cup magic. There's not even an assessment period for the new manager to use this season for. So yeah, excitement and interest in Rovers is certainly dipping now. Shame it comes at a time when there is naff all else to do.   

• Like 4

My expectation on Mowbray is that his team has to get into the top 6 this season.

He’s focused a lot on getting footballers in but there’s no winners in that team. Craig Short, Garry Flitcroft types...we’re so weak and predictable.

tip tapping around but no one crashing into tackles or busting a gut. No one playing brave passes through the lines.

No one played well today but Buckley, Brereton, Travis and Bell (obvs) were literally horrible.

Weirdly, still had enough chances to win the game. We will win games, but without big bollocks you ain’t achieving anything.

Team of absolute pussyclarts.

Simple as this for me. No top 6, sack the manager.

• Like 7

Just now, West Yorks Rover said:

Please stop blaming the players, the players who are not good enough would not

be playing under a better manager and the ones that are good enough would be 

putting on a much better show with a manager who is a better tactician and gives a sh@t.

JUST WALK MOWBRAY.

• Like 1