BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn v Doncaster, FA Cup, Sat 9th Jan

6 minutes ago, Dan said:

Go onto the Facebook groups, any negativity against Mowbray and you’ll receive abuse for being ungrateful and they’ll tell you the season isn’t over yet. It’s baffling how special they are in those groups. 

Mowbrayism.

A social media sponsored cult who listen only to their own fake news outlets and their leaders bullshit

3 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Does anyone listen to that Rovers Chat on Twitter? Can’t wait to see those boys excuses for backing Mowbray after today. 

I don't, no, but I'm going to predict it will be along the lines of:

It's only the cup, we can concentrate on our promotion push now

It's not Tony's fault the players can't finish their chances

We had to rest too many players and have too many injuries

But just look at how many (off-target) shots we had! 20 to their 5, and we had 68% possession, we were just unlucky (ignoring the shots on target stat obviously)

The pitch wasn't suited to our style of play. We will do better when we are back at... *checks notes* Ewood Park...

One game doesn't change anything

It will all come good soon, we need to be patient

Blah blah fucking blah, ad infinitum.

• Like 1

well another early exit from the FA Cup. 

Was disappointed with Pike and Davenport not in the team. Why didn't Gallagher play the 9 role instead of Dack. With Dack in the midfield 3. 

We had our chances and we didn't take them. Dack, Brereton and Buckley all had great chances to score. 

Tempo still too slow and not not high enough all game. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Mowbrayism.

A social media sponsored cult who listen only to their own fake news outlets and their leaders bullshit

That's a wider phenomenon than Tony Mowbray and Blackburn Rovers, sadly...

6 minutes ago, dallydally said:

That was a dire performance from beginning to end. Hate the tippy tappy stuff we are playing. Sideways and back it goes. No penetration. Players looked disinterested today. TM running out of time; already run out of ideas. Still...we can concentrate on the league! 😤😤😤

He's been floundering for a while, trying to get us to play 4-2-3-1. 

He stumbled across 4-3-3 in the lockdown, but now this has been found out too.

He doesn't have any more answers. He's lost. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Was disappointed with Pike and Davenport not in the team. Why didn't Gallagher play the 9 role instead of Dack. With Dack in the midfield 3. 

We had our chances and we didn't take them. Dack, Brereton and Buckley all had great chances to score. 

Has the penny not dropped yet?

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I rage-quit the FA Player when the commentator described us as 'a minor scalp, we can maybe say'. Fuck off, not only are we a full league above them but we are, as you say, repeated winners of this trophy, have real significant heritage in the game, and have only spent what, 3 or 4 seasons at the level Doncaster currently are? Meanwhile...they're fucking Doncaster. Their greatest achievements are that they once won the third tier we were embarassed to be in, and once won the Football League Trophy we are usually in too high a league to be entered in (our u-23s have been entered into it once though). This result is an embarassment for us.

Right now I feel like it's going to be very hard to give a fuck about the rest of the season. I'm sure I'll fall back into the trap of dreaming again at some point though, and put myself through the same torture every Saturday, sometimes twice a week.

Get over it. History or no history, we’re no better than they are at the moment and have achieved next to nothing for a decade.

Boasting that we were a big deal in 1891 isn’t much of a consolation right now.

3 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

My expectation on Mowbray is that his team has to get into the top 6 this season.

He’s focused a lot on getting footballers in but there’s no winners in that team. Craig Short, Garry Flitcroft types...we’re so weak and predictable.

tip tapping around but no one crashing into tackles or busting a gut. No one playing brave passes through the lines.

No one played well today but Buckley, Brereton, Travis and Bell (obvs) were literally horrible.

Weirdly, still had enough chances to win the game. We will win games, but without big bollocks you ain’t achieving anything.

Team of absolute pussyclarts.

Simple as this for me. No top 6, sack the manager.

Fair post and you've shown more bollocks than most to say something that has been at odds with your previous point of view.

However, I have to ask why you have u-turned only a matter of hours after backing him to enter the transfer market to sign more players?

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Stuart said:

It was always going to be tough against a side like Doncaster.

We did well to stay in it for as long as we did and make a contest of it. Donny have to be one of the favourites for this competition so it’s no shame to go out only conceding the one wonder goal. (He ran all the way from the half way line before smashing that rocket under Pears. Buffon wouldn't have saved that!).

With all of the injuries we have, with FFP and the lack of support from our fans we can’t expect miracles from Mowbray.

He’s got us playing some great possession-based football (nearly 70% again today) and with a better referee, a bit of luck and when we get Dack, Travis and Brereton back we’ll be a force. It's ridiculous to expect Mowbray to do anything without them. Armstrong is a player who can change games for us but it just wasn't to be today. We had so many chances, so you have to blame the players really.

Hope Mowbray gets a new contract. Preferably this evening. Extra time would have been terrible and we need to fully focus on finishing better than last season in the league - but if we don't it won't be because of Mowbray.

Did I miss anything?

A good summary of what we can expect to hear from Andy Bayes and in print from Rich Sharpe.

• Like 2

All Doncaster had to do was stay disciplined and win anything in the box. That’s ALL they had to do. They didn’t even need a decent shot on target. Talk about easy.  We don’t have a centre forward to win flick ons or get onto the end of things in the box. That was obvious pre season and it’s costing us dearly now.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Sigh. 

been asking for mowbray out for many seasons, just a few more folk are waking up to it now. Terrible manager 

Well done.

Tell you what, I’m now going to start chanting for our next manager to be sacked. And when that day comes, I’ll be on here to say I told you so..

• Like 2

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Because he is a useless manager.  Can’t set a team up, has no idea how to change to plan B when it’s not working.  Doesn’t use substitutes to advantage.

suspect he has lost the dressing room

He has to go.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

I don't, no, but I'm going to predict it will be along the lines of:

It's only the cup, we can concentrate on our promotion push now

It's not Tony's fault the players can't finish their chances

We had to rest too many players and have too many injuries

But just look at how many (off-target) shots we had! 20 to their 5, and we had 68% possession, we were just unlucky (ignoring the shots on target stat obviously)

The pitch wasn't suited to our style of play. We will do better when we are back at... *checks notes* Ewood Park...

One game doesn't change anything

It will all come good soon, we need to be patient

Blah blah fucking blah, ad infinitum.

I think it was after Huddersfield game & 3 out the 4 were still backing Mowbray. Quotes such as

”look at what he’s done for us”

”who else would we get”

although the last quote has some point, I honestly believe the players would play better with Joe bloggs off the street. They are obviously sick & fed up of Mowbray's delusional Tactics.

2 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Get over it. History or no history, we’re no better than they are at the moment and have achieved next to nothing for a decade.

Boasting that we were a big deal in 1891 isn’t much of a consolation right now.

Get over what? We are a significantly larger club than Doncaster in all regards - historically, financially, current status, playing squad. This result is a fuckup and I have no idea what you're trying to argue here. It's embarassing. If we are no better than them at the moment on the pitch on a given day, that only enhances the embarassment.

• Like 4