BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn v Doncaster, FA Cup, Sat 9th Jan

16 minutes ago, Mercer said:

For context, we were playing an injury ravaged Doncaster from League 1 so Rovers' injuries just don't cut it with me.

I think we were just horrible to watch on a horrible pitch with a disinterested manager.

My thoughts / opinions on our starting eleven:

• Pears - horribly at fault for the goal.  Unbelievable this guy has been given a four year deal.  The Greek lad must be poor if Pears is 2nd choice.
  • Buckley - 'the one' will never be a footballer whilst he's a hole in his arse
  • Lenihan - in regression
  • Johnson - legs gone and going through the motions
  • Bell / Douglas - struggle to recall two worse left full backs in almost 60 years of watching Rovers
  • Downing - just why oh why did Mowbray blow his last bit of budget on this guy.  A pointless and unnecessary signing
  • Trybull - not good enough for Norwich and not good enough for us
  • Travis - the lad's not fit and overweight
  • Dolan - flatters to deceive.  Looks busy but no end product
  • Dack -   as Travis, the lad's not fit and overweight
  • Brereton - gone backwards again.  Needs to try and stay on his feet more instead of trying to win free kicks/penalties

A sad, sad day.  FA Cup Third Round day historically special.  Yesterday was an abomination.

I cannot argue with a single word Mercer (not that I’d wish to do so)

BRFC is soul less, rudderless, managed by passionless, unprofessional incompetents, who wouldn’t know how to relate to Blackburn public if Birdie smacked them in the gob!

I’m sick of it, we’re all sick of it,

WE ARE BLACKBURN ROVERS ffs, let’s bloody well believe it matters!!!

• Like 5

RIP Blackburn Rovers season 2020-21.

The season passed away peacefully and in its sleep yesterday at 2.50pm yesterday when Tony Mowbray gave his inspirational pre-match team talk and was pronounced as dead at 4:45pm. The season leaves behind three children: Shit defenders, Shit football and Shit tactics. Guardian Mowbray plans to honour the memory of the season in the next five months by playing mourners out of position, making three substitutions at once and continuing to healthily remunerated so as to boost his pension fund.

The season will be remembered primarily for some thumping early-season wins over whipping boys down to ten men, which led to hilariously anticlimactic hopes on behalf of long-suffering Rovers fans in September.

The cremation will take place at Pleasington Cemetery with guest speakers Tony Mowbray and Steve Waggott. The Venky's are expected to send a telegram from Pune, India if their secretary remembers to get around to it in time. 

• Like 8

For the LT, this is pretty damming (Sharpe’s verdict piece)...

‘During a bizarre, nine-minute period in the second half, between the introduction of Adam Armstrong, the final piece of the cavalry, and departure of Bradley Dack, seconds after he was denied from six yards, they had a back four, albeit one including two central midfield players, and then a front six, with very little inbetween.

There were quizzical looks over to the touchline for direction, Harvey Elliott and Joe Rothwell not appearing to know what was being asked of them, and as the game slipped away, the body language didn’t look like that of a team about to launch a grandstand finish.’

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

For the LT, this is pretty damming (Sharpe’s verdict piece)...

‘During a bizarre, nine-minute period in the second half, between the introduction of Adam Armstrong, the final piece of the cavalry, and departure of Bradley Dack, seconds after he was denied from six yards, they had a back four, albeit one including two central midfield players, and then a front six, with very little inbetween.

There were quizzical looks over to the touchline for direction, Harvey Elliott and Joe Rothwell not appearing to know what was being asked of them, and as the game slipped away, the body language didn’t look like that of a team about to launch a grandstand finish.’

Very good piece by Sharpe.  https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19000155.verdict-rovers-now-underperforming-well-underachieving/

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

That is without doubt  Sharpe's most damning piece - and a very accurate view of where we are.

Usually, when the local pressreach this stage, there is a club reaction.  Alas, I can't see anything being done.

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller
  • Like 3

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

That is without doubt  Sharpe's most damning piece - and a very accurate view of where we are.

Usually, when the local press, reach this stage, there is a club reaction.  Alas, I can't see anything being done.

Put it to Tony tho, guy is getting a free ride without any heat thrown in his direction 

I didn't even watch the game yesterday, nor am I remotely bothered about going out of the cup. Why its even going ahead this season I've no idea. The FA cup is about fans for me, mainly lower league fans getting that chance to mix it up against the big boys. The final will be ridiculous without fans too, at best I think there could be a very limited number there. Our current defensive crisis isn't able to cope with extra cup games, looking at the teams others are putting out they aren't particularly arsed either.

All that said though, I did read up on the game and watch the highlights. Utterly pathetic from Mowbray. Just throwing players on with no obvious formation or gameplan or anything. No emotion, no encouragement, literally fuck all from him. Now as I've already said I'm not arsed at all to exit the cup, but I'm also not paid silly amounts to motivate a team to win matches! He's lucky no fans were present yesterday because people would have been absolutely livid and let him know.

Doing himself absolutely no favours at the moment, the fanbase now must have the lowest number of pro-Mowbray supporters than it ever has. His interviews, wow, its as though he is deliberately trying to piss us off now.

Edited by Ossydave

Mowbray has achieved not only making the team much less than the sum of its parts but he is clearly diminishing the parts as well.

At least half the 16 players used had horrible games way below their capabilities.

From Mowbray's gurning, Venus looking lost and the angry/detached glances from the players towards the management, I'd say Mowbray is now losing the dressing room. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

That's plainly not true.  At the moment we are a bottom 4/5 team in my opinion.  We lost to an under strength top 4 league 1 team.  Kind of tells me where we are.

I said earlier in the week, we should have put our best team out from the start minus Dack as he's not ready.  Too much jolly boys outing for me.  Can't wait to add Captain Benno to the mix 🙄

You obviously haven't grasped what I wrote. Mowbrays plan is working, for Mowbray. It is not working for the supporters, because we have a different target than the one Mowbray has. Our target is for success for the Rovers, Mowbrays would seem to be, mid table mediocrity.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, philipl said:

I'd say Mowbray is now losing the dressing room

Rubbish Philipl. For me, he hasn't lost the dressing room. 

Mowbray looks frustrated. Of course he is interested in the job. He is nothing like Kean or Coyle but someone who wants to get the club back to PL whilst building the club infrastructure in the background 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rubbish Philipl. For me, he hasn't lost the dressing room. 

Mowbray looks frustrated. Of course he is interested in the job. He is nothing like Kean or Coyle but someone who wants to get the club back to PL whilst building the club infrastructure in the background 

I want us to get ba k to the Prem. I'm not going to make it happen though. Tony and I have that in common. 

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Just saw Doncaster's goal. Their scorer started running from the middle dot of the field, unchallenged until outside the box before taking the shot. Pears should have done much better, but where were the midfield pair? Trybull and Travis were way behind the Doncaster player. Just sickening to see that gaping hole in midfield.

The issue is Travis clearly not ready to start as he’s a yard behind the pace, Trybull doesn’t know how to pass forward. Buckley has never seen a right back and his positioning was awful. Dack not ready to start and can’t play the false 9. Dolan is frustrating and try’s to do to much, you could see Dack getting annoyed at him all game. And for me Pears Is god awful. 

I rarely dislike a player but I can see why Warnock let him go.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pennymeadowrover said:

The issue is Travis clearly not ready to start as he’s a yard behind the pace, Trybull doesn’t know how to pass forward. Buckley has never seen a right back and his positioning was awful. Dack not ready to start and can’t play the false 9. Dolan is frustrating and try’s to do to much, you could see Dack getting annoyed at him all game. And for me Pears Is god awful. 

Apart from that we’re set.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pennymeadowrover said:

I rarely dislike a player but I can see why Warnock let him go.

The issue is MOWBRAY 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Pennymeadowrover said:

If you read what I have wrote. That is what I’m getting at. 

he picks the team........

The issue is greater than , “ he picks the team “ ....it’s the whole shambolic debacle that goes with him from recruitment, to selection, to motivation, to tactical awareness, to maintaining a fan base ...we actually agree...but in a slightly different way ! 

• Like 1