BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn v Doncaster, FA Cup, Sat 9th Jan

5 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

He also said defenders are coming, yet yesterday we lined up with two midfielders in defence and two players who here here when he made that comment. What Mowbray does and what he says are two very different things. He knows he won't get a bigger or easier job than the one he has here and he won't walk away from that, every interview he gives is about one thing his own self preservation, nothing is ever his fault.

He has Ayala, Williams, Wharton as injured CB’s and he has Nyambe unavailable which is either incredibly bad luck or poor planning and recruitment depending on one’s perspective.

Your opinion about Mowbrays motives is obviously your own and perhaps you have evidence for what you say but Tony Mowbray when I listen to him does not come across as this self obsessed, self interested individual in the way you describe.

At the end of the day managers at any football club come and go and the only certainty is the fans loyalty to their club

6 minutes ago, tonygreenbank said:

He has Ayala, Williams, Wharton as injured CB’s and he has Nyambe unavailable which is either incredibly bad luck or poor planning and recruitment depending on one’s perspective.

My perspective is that its rank bad management. 

Ayala - everyone said he was a crock, warnock didn't want him, even fit he looked useless against a couple of middling teams. He will hardly play this season, bad purchase,  waste of money

Williams - Been useless for 2 seasons, full of mistakes and can never find his own man with a pass...a liability who was going at some point in the summer...or was that a bluff to pacify fans who don't  rate him?

Wharton - Unlucky,  our best defender but Mowbray doesn't really fancy him, you can tell.

Nyambe - Is he covid? Is he going to France? Is he signing a new deal? Is he talking to other clubs? Mowbray needs to come out and tell us what's going on instead of kipping on the job.

Have you got a plausible alternative view?

13 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

My perspective is that its rank bad management. 

Ayala - everyone said he was a crock, warnock didn't want him, even fit he looked useless against a couple of middling teams. He will hardly play this season, bad purchase,  waste of money

Williams - Been useless for 2 seasons, full of mistakes and can never find his own man with a pass...a liability who was going at some point in the summer...or was that a bluff to pacify fans who don't  rate him?

Wharton - Unlucky,  our best defender but Mowbray doesn't really fancy him, you can tell.

Nyambe - Is he covid? Is he going to France? Is he signing a new deal? Is he talking to other clubs? Mowbray needs to come out and tell us what's going on instead of kipping on the job.

Have you got a plausible alternative view?

I’m not sure I need a plausible alternative view! Possibly a mixture of bad luck and poor recruitment, will that do?

Anyway your phrase “kipping on the job” shows where your bias lies!

On 09/01/2021 at 18:58, RevidgeBlue said:

I'm not 100% convinced that Ainsworth would be the best man available were the V's to wake up and pot Mowbray but by god, if he got the role he'd treat it as the biggest and most prestigious job in the world, put a bit of pride back in the place and we wouldn't be going out of the FA Cup at the first time of asking three seasons in a row.

Especially not to opposition a division below us.

Perhaps you should have said if Mowbary would wake up to be potted.  That picture of him snoozing doing the rounds has angered me, it is disgraceful he should be gone Monday morning just for that with immediate effect.

See in my job and I would imagine 99.999% of all others sleeping on the job is instant dismissal.  He is the head man at Rovers, we are losing and he takes a fuckin nap the man's a disgrace.  Done with him get him out.

19 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rubbish Philipl. For me, he hasn't lost the dressing room. 

Mowbray looks frustrated. Of course he is interested in the job. He is nothing like Kean or Coyle but someone who wants to get the club back to PL whilst building the club infrastructure in the background 

I disagree chaddy, look at the bidy langauge if some of our senior players, head shakin, drooped shoulders, coming iut after halftime noticably worse than when we went in.  These players are not idiots they know the man is making mistakes.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

He gets sacked tomorrow and Chaddy will be telling us how it was time for a change and he’ll be regaling us with his shortlist of potential replacements.

So why bother getting wound up going in circles with him?

Sadly we will not get to see if you are right

18 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why cant you just accept that I'm backing Mowbray still? Why try keeping get me to change my opinion. 

Who says a manager change will give us a better chance of being promoted? Surely that depends on who we appoint, whether owners back him in the same way as Mowbray as no guarantee that will happen. 

Surely one that can stay awake for 90 mins would help achieve that.  

2 hours ago, USABlue said:

Perhaps you should have said if Mowbary would wake up to be potted.  That picture of him snoozing doing the rounds has angered me, it is disgraceful he should be gone Monday morning just for that with immediate effect.

See in my job and I would imagine 99.999% of all others sleeping on the job is instant dismissal.  He is the head man at Rovers, we are losing and he takes a fuckin nap the man's a disgrace.  Done with him get him out.

There is every possibility the photo of Mowbray could be a freeze frame of him blinking. Is there any other evidence?

Let’s not peddle fake news. 

• Like 7

• J*B unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, toogs said:

There is every possibility the photo of Mowbray could be a freeze frame of him blinking. Is there any other evidence?

True, it  better be.  I did get a bit carried away.  But still he doesn't do much does he?

58 minutes ago, USABlue said:

True, it  better be.  I did get a bit carried away.  But still he doesn't do much does he?

I would have potted him two seasons ago after the PNE away game and said so at the time. There was no way back for me after the lack of professionalism shown by the management in that game. We have wasted 2 years sticking with him and continue to do so. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, toogs said:

I agree about the freeze frame, but I think his decisions whilst being fully awake, justify him needing to leave.

• Like 1

Considering the money Mowbray has spent(wasted in some cases) he is a worse manager than Gary Bowyer IMHO. Yes he DID get us promoted from League I but he appears now out of his depth at this level.

Is it a prerequisite that he ONLY SIGNS injury-prone players?

To play tippy-tappy possession football on a quagmire of a pitch is ridiculous.

Why he cant concentrate on getting the basics right and play simple football which would suit our players much more I dont know. As a former central-defender his tactics(?) appear ridiculous.....just like they did at Celtic!

• Like 1

Well, maybe Mowbray can get Branthwaite and/or Pickering, get Nyambe back, perhaps Dack & Travis pep up our attack, etc.

There are no miracles here. But, we can hope for improvement. I know nothing short of Mowbray being sacked will satisfy many of you. Whatever happens the rest of the season, mowbray needs to be re-evaluated fairly at seasons end. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WacoRover said:

Well, maybe Mowbray can get Branthwaite and/or Pickering, get Nyambe back, perhaps Dack & Travis pep up our attack, etc.

There are no miracles here. But, we can hope for improvement. I know nothing short of Mowbray being sacked will satisfy many of you. Whatever happens the rest of the season, mowbray needs to be re-evaluated fairly at seasons end. 

I think the evaluation is onoing. If he somehow manages to get us into the play off places, he will prove a lot of us wrong. Here's hoping.

• Like 1