BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn v Doncaster, FA Cup, Sat 9th Jan

13 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Think I have a different view to most on here. With TM at the helm we aren't getting promoted. And given I don't think he is going anywhere anytime soon that suggests the league games are a tad meaningless in terms of ambitions. 

There's also a lot of dross in our league like Brum who oblige even our paper thin defence with the odd win. Said dross coupled with the points we have already acquired means we are pretty much safe from relegation. 

So for me why not go for it in this game? A good cup run is our best chance of success and optimism this season so why not give it a go?  Sure there will be a couple of players knackered who need resting but overall the risks imo are pretty limited. It's not going to massively detail our push for mid table. So let's try and recreate a bit of magic of the cup and begin a good cup run v Donny or forefit. 

So you don't think we can get promoted but you do think we can win the fa Cup 😂😂😂😂

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Roverinbelfast said:

So you don't think we can get promoted but you do think we can win the fa Cup 😂😂😂😂

Blue blood didn't mention winning the cup. He said go on a cup run. What is the saying about the longest journey starting with a single step.

• Like 6

Not bothered about the cup this year, we need to be focused solely on the league. As others have said I'd:

Pick every U23 who has a chance of breaking through this season.

Then fill the gaps with players who are usually on the bench eg Dolan, Downing etc..

Then look at minutes for players recovering from injury.

Should be a nailed on win whatever we do (famous last words).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rog of the rovers said:

We can go a little off book and still put out a very competitive team. I expect a first start for Dack and probably more minutes for Travis also.

Something along the lines of?

Pears

Pike - Lenihan - Carter - Bell

Davenport - Travis - Buckley

Gallagher - Dack - Dolan

If I was going with an inexperienced back four, I would go with Kaminski in goal. in fact I would go with Kaminski whatever the case.

• Like 3

Remember this side struggled to beat them in August...........

33 Fisher

24 Rankin-Costello

26 Lenihan

28 Wharton

17 Bell

27 Travis

4 Johnson

10 Holtby Substituted for Rothwell at 41 minutes

11 Chapman Substituted for Dolan at 65 minutes

7 Armstrong

20 Brereton

And to save Sparks pointing it out Ben Whiteman wasn't in their side that day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TimmyJimmy said:

Should be a nailed on win whatever we do (famous last words).

Hold on matey.  They are 4th with game in hand and playing well.  If we drop our best players and they come full strength then we will have a game on our hands.

However, I don't think they will come full strength either as covid and promotion are higher on their agenda.

So, we will probably win based on that.  

I cannot accept any first team centre back playing in this game given the fact we’re so up against it. Whichever two play CB for the U23s most often need to play for me. Not Lenihan and certainly not a half fit Ayala. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Hold on matey.  They are 4th with game in hand and playing well.  If we drop our best players and they come full strength then we will have a game on our hands.

They're in League 1 who cares what position they're in. They won't turn up with their strongest team they have too many other things to worry about. I'd factored that into my opinion.

Not too bothered if we progress or not to be truthful, rather keep key players uninjured and take a closer look at the U23 prospects.  But that's me, happy to take others opinions.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TimmyJimmy said:

They're in League 1 who cares what position they're in. They won't turn up with their strongest team they have too many other things to worry about. I'd factored that into my opinion.

Not too bothered if we progress or not to be truthful, rather keep key players uninjured and take a closer look at the U23 prospects.  But that's me, happy to take others opinions.

I agree with you but they aren't to be taken lightly and I never knew you'd factored their absentees too.   

I'd like us to start the game strong and then take off key players once we have a good lead.  There are no real stand outs in the 23s so probably shuffle the pack.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, J*B said:

I cannot accept any first team centre back playing in this game given the fact we’re so up against it. Whichever two play CB for the U23s most often need to play for me. Not Lenihan and certainly not a half fit Ayala. 

I'd include Nyambe and even Johnson in that. They should be nowhere near this fixture.

Pears

Pike   Annesley/new   Carter   Bell

Travis   downing  davenport 

Dolan               gallagher          dack

It would be a good game to give buckley a run out but there are just so many others that I'd rather give game time to at this stage even downing 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

However, I don't think they will come full strength either as covid and promotion are higher on their agenda.

So, we will probably win based on that.  

Those days  are long gone in the FA Cup , unfortunately ...

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Kaminski

Pike
Annesley
Grayson
Bell

Travis
Davenport
Downing

Dolan
Dack
Brereton

No Carter?

Have to admit I didn't really think bout Downing - definitely should be starting him in this one. I know he doesn't really possess the attributes that Tony wants from his attacking players, but as a one off I'd have him on the wing for this one. 

6 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'd like us to start the game strong and then take off key players once we have a good lead.  

And you call yourself a Blackburn Rovers supporter?  Have you never learned the lesson over many years?  This will probably be another great win for Donny regardless of whatever team we put out.

Anything different to that will be a bonus.😬