Blackburn v Doncaster, FA Cup, Sat 9th Jan

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well a full house on the Mowbray bingo. A textbook Mowbray performance with just about every ingredient on display today.  - Bright(ish) start to the game for the first 10-15 minutes but alas no

It was always going to be tough against a side like Doncaster. We did well to stay in it for as long as we did and make a contest of it. Donny have to be one of the favourites for this competitio

Beaten by a better coached and organised team, who played some nice stuff on the counter and thoroughly deserved their win.  The goalkeeper isn't good enough, terrible from Mowbray to spend money

Posted Images

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Bit before my time 😉 but what would Downing taking over from Mowbray have in common with him and his situation? 

Kendall an inexperienced player/manager came into a reasonable but underperforming squad. He set up the defence to be hard to score against. He had similar playing history and seemed to thrive on the respect of the other players. He showed a passion for the game and the club he worked for. He also realised that at his age this was the chance to prolong his involvement in football as long as he was successful. Quite a few and important similarities.

Today was a good example of our league troubles and it's largely because we have a completely one dimensional manager, and a restricted budget. Just like our reserve keeper and seemingly unusable centre back - you get what you pay for, Mowbray was cheap and we've got everything we can out of him.

It's no good saying you were simply unable to break down a side a division lower. You should be able to, you have to be able to and if you can't you must be made accountable for why your team can't. He is now repeatedly saying "we were unable to break them down" yet approaches every fixture or style the same way. 

He is the reason we're not getting results against teams that are worse than ours. It's not down to bad luck and sadly it will continue in the league with or without new defenders.

I like the guy and wanted him to take us up but he isn't capable. The failures this season are down to Mowbray and the owners. One of them must take responsibility and make a change.

8 minutes ago, rigger said:

Kendall an inexperienced player/manager came into a reasonable but underperforming squad. He set up the defence to be hard to score against. He had similar playing history and seemed to thrive on the respect of the other players. He showed a passion for the game and the club he worked for. He also realised that at his age this was the chance to prolong his involvement in football as long as he was successful. Quite a few and important similarities.

That would be fantastic, but there is no guarantee Downing would be a success. We have had a long list of managers with little experience since Kendall who didn't work out. I would be happy with someone until the end of the season and then if that didn't work, have due process done for who to appoint during the summer. 

I would go Roy Keane. I think he could give us the short term boost we need and it certainly wouldn't be boring. As an appointment I think it would work for both parties. I agree we have the players, they just aren't performing. I think that's because they are as confused as we are by Mowbray. God we just need to go back to basics and keep things simple. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
28 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

No thanks. Bit too much of a continuation of the same or just a lack of experience. 

You can put that cardboard cut out of Tony Parkes they were showing before kick off in charge for me - it'd be more animated on the touchline than Mowbray!

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

That would be fantastic, but there is no guarantee Downing would be a success. We have had a long list of managers with little experience sense Kendall who didn't work out. I would be happy with someone until the end of the season and then if that didn't work, have due process done for who to appoint during the summer. 

I would go Roy Keane. I think he could give us the short term boost we need and it certainly wouldn't be boring. As an appointment I think it would work for both parties. I agree we have the players, they just aren't performing. I think that's because they are as confused as we are by Mowbray. God we just need to go back to basics and keep things simple. 

Although nothing can be guaranteed. The nearest thing to a certainty we have is that we are going nowhere with Mowbray

15 minutes ago, neophox said:

I think Gareth Ainsworth would be interesting or that German who was manager Wagner... Young with experience of getting the best out of players.. 

I’d love Ainsworth, Blackburn lad, done miracles at Wycombe. 

2 hours ago, neophox said:

All players were terrible... but its down to the management team who cant motivate the team... dont slag one player.

Don’t slag one player? Are you joking? Pears mistake should of been an easy take. Will always feel nervous with him in goal.

I can only assume now that Mowbray, as a centre half himself, works off the basis that defenders should know how to defend and therefore does no work with them. It's the only explanation I can think of for the recurring defensive shit shows. 

No team could go anywhere conceding soft goals like us, at any level. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Missed that. Who did he rip into? 

It's hard to know who exactly, just had  choice words and was clearly pissed off with being hooked.

1 minute ago, LDRover said:

It's hard to know who exactly, just had  choice words and was clearly pissed off with being hooked.

He was on a yellow card for being too slow earlier.

8 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

How much of a lift would it be to have somebody new in the dugout. Say a Michael carrick, ainsworth , Pearson 

Steve Clarke, Giggsy?

• J*B unpinned this topic