BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray - Stick or Twist ?

Time to go.

Far too much farting about with the ball without penetrating.

And plan b is throw every attacker on with no tactics and hope one of them bails him out.

I'm one of the few who actually likes buckley . But he is not a right back . So just play pike there .

Davenport ..... start him

The false 9 .... didn't work in league one  3 years ago and hasn't worked since.  

The guy has zero passion on the touch line. 89th minute sat there legs crossed in the corner. Its pathetic .

I've never seen someone managing a football team look so disinterested, so disconnected as TM looked throughout today's game. It was insulting to the fan base, and don't even get me started with the weird tactical drivel served up as a team performance today.

Time to go TM.. Like a Boss ;)

Fall on your sword, mate.

giphy.gif

Edited by WIR Second Coming
  • Like 1

I fail to see what benefit there is to keeping him from here. We certainly aren't going up as we are, and won't be going down unless we have a collapse of epic proportions. So almost certainly in the Championship again next season with 4 months and half the fixtures still to play.

If there was some semblance of a plan, or indication that Mowbray could learn from his mistakes then I might buy into the suggestion of him having next season, but does anyone who has watched us for the last 3 years see anything to suggest he can take that next step in the right direction? All the problems we have at present - recruitment, squad depth, ineffective performances, inconsistent results - have been trademarks of his management here. People at his age with his experience don't suddenly change their ways.

What good does another 5 months of plodding and another summer making the same mistakes do? 

• Like 2

I've been a massive Mowbray fan, and still am to a certain degree. I'm not going to start shouting for his head on the back of a pointless cup game. 

If I trusted our owners to fire him now and replace him with a really ambitious manager I'd probably say go for it. And I'm talking a mark Hughes or Eddie howe. Someone who would really bring the club to life again. The fact is they won't and we would end up with another journey man and could end up worse off. 

I think he probably deserves to see out the season and see how the second half pans out. No doubt that is a good squad and any less than play offs is failure 

Just now, rigger said:

That is one of the reasons that Mowbray is so secure in his job. People thinking it doesn't matter to loose cup games. No games are pointless, in my limited experience you strive to win every competition. Why do you consider an FA cup game pointless ?

Taking everything into consideration. Firstly we were never gonna win the fa Cup. Secondly the league is our priority and being knocked outta the cup early doesn't bother me. Don't get me wrong I would have much rathered a win today. But to me our priorities lie with the league this season. And ultimately Mowbrays job 

Just now, Roverinbelfast said:

Taking everything into consideration. Firstly we were never gonna win the fa Cup. Secondly the league is our priority and being knocked outta the cup early doesn't bother me. Don't get me wrong I would have much rathered a win today. But to me our priorities lie with the league this season. And ultimately Mowbrays job 

why are we never going to win the FA cup ? It is probably easier to do than getting promotion. What are your priorities in the league. I cannot see us getting either promoted or relegated. As for Mowbrays job, at the moment I am not sure what that is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

I've never seen someone managing a football team look so disinterested, so disconnected as TM looked throughout today's game. It was insulting to the fan base,

Do you know what mate, you are fucking spot on with this....I haven't been allowed to manage since last March as representative football is Schools led, and to see the joker half asleep takes the piss completely. Bit like his shit midfield. Half asleep. 

A disgrace to coaches all over who can't manage at the moment.

Get Out Of My Club You Robbing Git.

MOWBRAY OUT

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Roverinbelfast said:

. But to me our priorities lie with the league this season. And ultimately Mowbrays job 

But Doncaster have league priorities too. They aren't going to win the cup.  In fact, relatively speaking as they are in 4th place their manager looks to be doing a much better job.  And he is through to the 4th Round.

Mowbray Out

• Like 3

Should have been potted at this point two years ago and may well have been at numerous times as well since had he not come up with the ingenious move of getting his boss his job which is obviously a massive conflict of interest.

They're both stringing things out for as long as possible until retirement. We can only hope the V's quickly tire of chucking in £15-£20m every season to stagnate in lower mid table and go over Swag's head.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Should have been potted at this point two years ago and may well have been at numerous times as well since had he not come up with the ingenious move of getting his boss his job which is obviously a massive conflict of interest.

They're both stringing things out for as long as possible until retirement. We can only hope the V's quickly tire of chucking in £15-£20m every season to stagnate in lower mid table and go over Swag's head.

The players seem to be of the same mind I think.  It's a well paid holiday camp...best paid red coats in history.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Roverinbelfast said:

Christ if the league campaign resembles giving it priority I’d hate to see how poor we’d be if we took an extra 1-4 games seriously. 

• Like 1