SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Stay or Go

Mowbray: Stay or Go  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Mowbray should

• Stay
    • Go

Our owners are sat in Pune possibly thinking just wtf is going on.  This season was not meant to be like this.  Our financial losses are growing by the week and we are, IMO, nowhere near the promised land of the PL.

What do you do?

I think Waggott and Mowbray are now under pressure, and not before time, and just maybe, Mowbray knows his time is now up (hence his body language today).

You could sell Armstrong, sack Waggott, Mowbray, Venus et al and give a new manager a decent slug of the Armstrong sale receipts to 'go again'.  

Spoke again tonight with a relative with close links to PNE and he reckons Alex Neill will be managing Rovers before the window is closed!  The second time within a week I've had this conversation with him. 

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

Our owners are sat in Pune possibly thinking just wtf is going on.  This season was not meant to be like this.  Our financial losses are growing by the week and we are, IMO, nowhere near the promised land of the PL.

What do you do?

I think Waggott and Mowbray are now under pressure, and not before time, and just maybe, Mowbray knows his time is now up (hence his body language today).

You could sell Armstrong, sack Waggott, Mowbray, Venus et al and give a new manager a decent slug of the Armstrong sale receipts to 'go again'.  

Spoke again tonight with a relative with close links to PNE and he reckons Alex Neill will be managing Rovers before the window is closed!  The second time within a week I've had this conversation with him. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if our owners are sat in Pune thinking do we still own that football club. Then much like the unused gym membership say we must remember to cancel that at some point. Not one fuck given. 

I also don’t reckon there’s any pressure on either of the chuckle brothers and whilst that body language was disgraceful I think it’s more the body language of someone so chilled out he knows what ever happens on the pitch it won’t impact on him.

Interesting about Neill. The nob Enders I know are certainly no fan of him. Wouldn’t be too keen on him compared to other managers out there but if it happened at this stage Rovers just need fresh ideas wherever they come from. Plus could argue who’s done better Mowbray with the resources available to him or Neill with the resources available to him. One clear winner there. 

Edited by matt83

15 hours ago, Mercer said:

What do you do?

Our owners will be sat in Pune watching the cricket - if they've any sense that is.

17 hours ago, Mercer said:

Did your relative with close links to PNE happen to mention that Neill would be managing Rovers because the Nobb End faithful cannot stand the bloke?

On 10/01/2021 at 01:21, Mercer said:

Was signing Evans a parting gift?

Would you be willing to put all your vast amount of winnings from the bookies on it?

It just isn't going to happen.

• Like 1

Spoke again tonight with a relative with close links to PNE and he reckons Alex Neill will be managing Rovers before the window is closed! 

When you say close links do you mean he lives in Deepdale? There's more chance of your bookie going bust than there is of Neil coming here in the next few weeks. 

Close links to PNE? 

How much money would you willing to bet if you the chance to?

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Close links to PNE? 

How much money would you willing to bet if you the chance to?

You tell me under what circumstances you would sack Mowbray and in return I'll tell you how much I would be prepared to wager!

• Like 1

On 10/01/2021 at 13:02, Ghost7 said:

He has lost the fans, something that most club owners respond to naturally by sacking the manger. Not ours. 

If a non supporter tuned in to this site, he/she would undoubtedly assume that he has, indeed, lost the fans.

However, a look on some of the Rovers Facebook sites would show a roughly 50/50 split as to Mowbray’s future here.

The number of fans on the Facebook pages both fawning over Venky’s tenure and being willing to stick with TM, is staggering. We have ‘plateaued out’ following our promotion from L1 and, whilst stats bear this out, half of the Facebook lot think we’re still improving and the playoffs are attainable. Either this year or next with little or no change in the squad.

11 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

If a non supporter tuned in to this site, he/she would undoubtedly assume that he has, indeed, lost the fans.

However, a look on some of the Rovers Facebook sites would show a roughly 50/50 split as to Mowbray’s future here.

The number of fans on the Facebook pages both fawning over Venky’s tenure and being willing to stick with TM, is staggering. We have ‘plateaued out’ following our promotion from L1 and, whilst stats bear this out, half of the Facebook lot think we’re still improving and the playoffs are attainable. Either this year or next with little or no change in the squad.

Personally I could understand why some fans think we should stick with TM. Even though I think we should change - I don't think it is black and white. I can easily see a scenario where we get top 6 - but personally I am not 100% TM can change the current trajectory.