Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Stay or Go

Mowbray: Stay or Go  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Mowbray should

• Stay
    • Go

32 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

However, a look on some of the Rovers Facebook sites would show a roughly 50/50 split as to Mowbray’s future here.

And some are almost fully backing Mowbray. I've started a poll on one of those Facebook site and only 1 person want him sack and 42 people back him with 3 people unsure 

36 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If Neil is appoint here by end of January as you have stated I will donate 20 pounds to a charity

Yet again, you evade the question.

UNDER WHAT CIRCUMSTANCES WOULD YOU SACK MOWBRAY?

If you wont answer such a simple question then I think your input to this MB  has zero credibility.

We all articulate and rationalise our opinions.  Why can't you?

And for clarity, Neil would not be my choice.  I am just posting what I have been told.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

If you wont answer such a simple question then I think your input to this MB  has zero credibility.

And for clarity, Neil would not be my choice.  I am just posting what I have been told.

Mercer Mercer Mercer, 

I've told now a number of times I ain't playing your silly games again. You been like this for past 4 years of Mowbray's reign. 

Credibility? I dont know how you call anyone credibility into question considering your track record. You mention a tipping point so much you should just go on the show instead. Now we had this Neill claim. Yet again another one. Abit like your David Artell one. Here the link to that one. 

Just to back up my point!

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mercer Mercer Mercer, 

I've told now a number of times I ain't playing your silly games again. You been like this for past 4 years of Mowbray's reign. 

Credibility? I dont know how you call anyone credibility into question considering your track record. You mention a tipping point so much you should just go on the show instead. Now we had this Neill claim. Yet again another one. Abit like your David Artell one. Here the link to that one. 

Silly games!?

I've asked you a very simple question that you wont answer.

One can only therefore conclude that there are NO CIRCUMSTANCES under which you would sack Mowbray and he would have a job for life even if we ended up playing in the Blackburn Combination Sunday League with only a dozen spectators or so and you being one of them!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

You tell me under what circumstances you would sack Mowbray and in return I'll tell you how much I would be prepared to wager!

I to am curious as to how much confidence you have in this link to Neil. For me I would get rid of TM now - but with huge regret and forever grateful for what he has done for the club. So what confidence do you have in this link ?

Pot him now.  Put DJ in charge until a top quality replacement can be found.  I manager with recent track record of success at this level or above.  Not a dinosaur who may have got a team promoted once then was ho hum after that. Coyle type comes to mind.  Just get it done Venkies.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mercer Mercer Mercer, 

Why don’t you just answer the question? What would have to happen for you to think his time is up Chads? If we were to finish this season in 12th-15th would you be thinking that’s it? I’m interested to know what you think. For me I’d sack him now he’s taken us as far as he can I think, I’d love to be proven wrong but I just can’t see it.

• Like 5

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Can we not address people like this please?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

Can we not address people like this please?

Okay, noted.

Just a tad frustrated with @chaddyrovers

He gives his absolute backing to Mowbray and that is his prerogative.

All I've asked is one simple question ie under what circumstances would he sack Mowbray.  I think Chaddy needs to either answer the question or state categorically he would never sack him and he's here until his contract runs out, or God forbid, a contract after that runs out!

I think most posters try to rationalise their opinions and I think Chaddy should do the same.  Will Rogers said there were three kinds of men.  The one that learns by reading.  The few who learn by observation.  The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Butty said:

Why don’t you just answer the question? What would have to happen for you to think his time is up Chads? If we were to finish this season in 12th-15th would you be thinking that’s it? I’m interested to know what you think. For me I’d sack him now he’s taken us as far as he can I think, I’d love to be proven wrong but I just can’t see it.

I wouldnt sack him now. 

If we were to finish in bottom half then a change would have to happen with a heavy heart from me(which would be hard to say). I think Mowbray has been very good for the club and restored fans faith and confidence in the club again, put a proper football infrastructure in place with proper scouting, data analysis and recruitment analysis in place. I wouldnt want to see him sack as he has the best manager appointed under these owners. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldnt sack him now. 

If we were to finish in bottom half then a change would have to happen with a heavy heart from me(which would be hard to say). I think Mowbray has been very good for the club and restored fans faith and confidence in the club again, put a proper football infrastructure in place with proper scouting, data analysis and recruitment analysis in place. I wouldnt want to see him sack as he has the best manager appointed under these owners. 

Not by much though. Top half championship at best under him - even Bowyer acheived that despite fire sales which TM has not had to deal with.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mercer said:

Okay, noted.

Just a tad frustrated with @chaddyrovers

He gives his absolute backing to Mowbray and that is his prerogative.

All I've asked is one simple question ie under what circumstances would he sack Mowbray.  I think Chaddy needs to either answer the question or state categorically he would never sack him and he's here until his contract runs out, or God forbid, a contract after that runs out!

I think most posters try to rationalise their opinions and I think Chaddy should do the same.  Will Rogers said there were three kinds of men.  The one that learns by reading.  The few who learn by observation.  The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves!

I had not seen the Will Rogers opinion before. Classic. Thanks, made me laugh. 😂

• Like 1

Did we hang on to Souness ‘way, way too long’?

In his first 3 full seasons he got us promoted, won a cup, then top 6 in the PL.

2003/04 was therefore a disappointment, but surely he had enough credit in the bank to last that season? 

And then he went to Newcastle in early September 2004. Now if he’d have staggered on till Christmas without JW pulling the trigger, especially with the rumblings of player unrest, then fair enough, but we’ll never know...

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Did we hang on to Souness ‘way, way too long’?

In his first 3 full seasons he got us promoted, won a cup, then top 6 in the PL.

2003/04 was therefore a disappointment, but surely he had enough credit in the bank to last that season? 

And then he went to Newcastle in early September 2004. Now if he’d have staggered on till Christmas without JW pulling the trigger, especially with the rumblings of player unrest, then fair enough, but we’ll never know...

It's a funny one with Souness. Had he run his course? The 03/04 season was pretty dire as I recall with a lot of player fall outs. 

The start of the next season was mixed. The line up in the opening game v WBA was so bizarre even TM wouldn't have chosen it. Had something like 8 defenders in and Emerton as the only player on the right hand side! Was sure he had lost it then. 

Next game we totally bossed manure and only a refereeing performance that WWE wouldn't have sanctioned as it was too implausible prevented us from getting the win. Was convinced after that game we were on the up.

As it was the fact we struggled for most of the season with the excellent Hughes in place and it took time to turn us around suggests that Souness had run his course and we were heading downhill under him.