Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Stay or Go

Mowbray: Stay or Go  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Mowbray should

• Stay
    • Go

5 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

The line up in the opening game v WBA was so bizarre even TM wouldn't have chosen it. Had something like 8 defenders in and Emerton as the only player on the right hand side! Was sure he had lost it then. 

That was absolutely the most bizarre line-up/formation I've ever seen (Apart from a few of Garth Crooks' team of the week selections)

Friedel, Matteo, Amoruso, Short, Gray, Ferguson, Emerton, Gresko, Stead, Yorke, De Pedro.

A team so unbalanced I start to feel dizzy just looking at how left-side heavy it was.

27 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

That was absolutely the most bizarre line-up/formation I've ever seen (Apart from a few of Garth Crooks' team of the week selections)

Friedel, Matteo, Amoruso, Short, Gray, Ferguson, Emerton, Gresko, Stead, Yorke, De Pedro.

A team so unbalanced I start to feel dizzy just looking at how left-side heavy it was.

Two left backs, three centre backs (one of whom went on to play left back a lot under Hughes in the rest of that season) and a left midfielder. You're right - it was a terrible team. And De Pedro was a hell of a flop. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Oh his race was run by the time he went, but it wasn’t season after season of mediocrity, just a poor final 12 months after a fantastic three years - no comparison with what we see today.

Souey was great for those seasons but we would have gone down if he had have stayed. Same with Bowyer.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

One thing I will say for Souness is that he had some terrible luck that didn't help him. Sure he made some clangers and didn't spend money well at times but he lost three of our best players to injury who all came back much lesser players: Gresko, Jansen and Thompson were all playing brilliantly for us before severe injuries made them much lesser players. Having those three at their peak would have made a huge difference. 

That said he fell out with all and sundry, wasted money towards the end and there is no excuse for the WBA team selection. His time had definitely run out. And that was with real tangible success for three solid seasons. 

TM hasn't been half as successful relatively speaking and yet is spoken about with awe in some quarters. But I think they do share the trait of having completely lost the plot. 

• Like 2

Tough one for me I loved souey his clangers didn’t out weigh tugay for a million, friedel our best keeper ever for free, Todd who under Hughes was a colossus, Emerton, MGP, Neill our best right back, Reid, the development of Jansen, Duff, Dunn. Short was his signing.

when cloughie relegated forest that’s where exactly we found ourselves when he went to Newcastle but the football under souey was fab. The came evolved so quickly then and fallouts with Cole and Yorke who were earning fab money was the sign of the first era of player power. 

By large great memories of souness 

Edited by StevenSK
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, StevenSK said:

Tough one for me I loved souey his clangers didn’t out weigh tugay for a million, friedel our best keeper ever for free, Todd who under Hughes was a colossus, Emerton, MGP, Neill our best right back, Reid, the development of Jansen, Duff, Dunn. Short was his signing.

when cloughie relegated forest that’s where exactly we found ourselves when he went to Newcastle but the football under souey was fab. The came evolved so quickly then and fallouts with Cole and Yorke who were earning fab money was the sign of the first era of player power. 

Don't think he was. Brian Kidd signed Craig Short.

• Like 2

On 14/01/2021 at 16:38, oldjamfan1 said:

Don't think he was. Brian Kidd signed Craig Short.

Souey also resigned Henning Berg , correct Short was signed by Kidd along with Jansen..

The present centre halves are not in the same planet as Short and Berg ..

Edited by Waggy76
  • Like 3

On 15/01/2021 at 02:56, StevenSK said:

We were declinlng rapidly under Souness. Hell of a job by Hughes to keep us up. All of us have happy memories of Souness but the majority were delighted to see Newcastle take him off our hands.

Hughes pound for pound the best Rovers manager in my lifetime. If only the Trust had backed him and he'd stayed.

They would have benefitted financially too but too dim to see it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Here a screenshot of the current poll on Rovers fana Facebook page

Screenshot_20210116-094015_Facebook.jpg

Yes. The Facebook groups are typical of all social media. Virtue signalling over who is the best fan drains out any naysayers who are regularly subjected to verbal abuse so stop contributing.

This site may be somewhat the reverse of that but there is certainly more of a split of opinions on here than a complete one-way street.

Also if someone abuses someone on here they are swiftly dealt with while on Fb they are roundly patted on the back.

Just you watch the shift over there when Mowbray does eventually leave: “his time was up”, “he’d taken us as far as he could”. Dare to say that while he is here though and you are a “stupid c*nt who needs to go and support Burnley”.

• Like 5

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Yes. The Facebook groups are typical of all social media. Virtue signalling over who is the best fan drains out any naysayers who are regularly subjected to verbal abuse so stop contributing.

This site may be somewhat the reverse of that but there is certainly more of a split of opinions on here than a complete one-way street.

Also if someone abuses someone on here they are swiftly dealt with while on Fb they are roundly patted on the back.

Just you watch the shift over there when Mowbray does eventually leave: “his time was up”, “he’d taken us as far as he could”. Dare to say that while he is here though and you are a “stupid c*nt who needs to go and support Burnley”.

"The king is dead, long live the king".

Many in those groups to support whoever the manager of the club is as opposed to the club itself. They seem to think loyalty to the club means supporting the manager no matter how obvious it is he isn't going to get us any further than where we are now.

Maybe it is appropriate for the club to wave flags of Mowbray at the ground. There's a definite cult of personality - which is funny because whilst Mowbray is a decent bloke he's not exactly charismatic.  

Edited by DE.
  • Like 4

You all need to stop caring what Chaddy or Facebook think.

Like I said last week, he goes on Monday and it will be a procession of ‘it was time for a change’ ‘took us as far as he can’ ‘you seen the latest odds?’ ‘I reckon x will be great for us’.

Was ever thus with some folk, so don’t get wound up or it will be another weekend of the Chaddy Show on here.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

You all need to stop caring what Chaddy or Facebook think.

Like I said last week, he goes on Monday and it will be a procession of ‘it was time for a change’ ‘took us as far as he can’ ‘you seen the latest odds?’ ‘I reckon x will be great for us’.

Was ever thus with some folk, so don’t get wound up or it will be another weekend of the Chaddy Show on here.

You're right Matty, I think I lose my head after every single Rovers game tbh. Can't help myself but read all the people who back that awful manager and I lose my head even more, it's absolutely mental anyone can still hope with him and think he can achieve.