BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Future of Watching Rovers

The 80s were a different time, much more of a rock up on the day and buy on the turnstile culture than modern football. So no point using that period.

Season ticket numbers haven’t declined in recent years, they have risen, albeit modestly post the Coyle season - as have crowds as a result.

Season ticket sales drop, gates drop. They are the facts at Blackburn Rovers.  You are simply incorrect, sorry Gav.

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

The 80s were a different time, much more of a rock up on the day and buy on the turnstile culture than modern football. So no point using that period.

Season ticket numbers haven’t declined in recent years, they have risen, albeit modestly post the Coyle season - as have crowds as a result.

Season ticket sales drop, gates drop. They are the facts at Blackburn Rovers.  You are simply incorrect, sorry Gav.

I had a season ticket in 80's, all my mates did too, so I don't recognise your first sentence at all, reduced season ticket numbers was more about the product on the pitch than the buying culture.

History tells us that our gates will remain steady and season ticket sales play no part in that, so lets agree to disagree 👍

some very good posts in this thread. 

I personally can't wait to get back to Ewood Park to supported Rovers. I have missed the ground, watching the team live inside a stadium and the normal matchday routine. I missed attending the some under 23's and 18's games aswell. 

Watching Rovers on a stream or following Rovers via Radio or other means just isn't the same for me as being inside a stadium watching my team. 

I enjoyed watching football on TV but thats as a neutral fan. 

I can apprenticed that other people feel for different about it 

• Like 2

We're all like caged animals straining to get out at the moment. The next opportunity to purchase a season ticket is going to be this summer. I'll throw this out for debate as a starter for 10:-

Get season tickets on sale by the end of February at the latest, priced irrespective of division we find ourselves in.

What do people think the take up would be in terms of numbers if the following applied?

£275 per adult ticket in all sections of Riverside, Blackburn End, Darwen End and Jack Walker Lower.

£375 per adult ticket for Jack Walker Upper 'wings' and £450 per adult ticket for Jack Walker Upper Central (exclude corporate seats)

Under 7s free with a full paying adult. 7-16 year olds £90 per junior ticket if with a full paying adult. £140 per ticket for young adults 17-23 year olds with a 4 year record of being a junior season ticket holder. Over 60s season ticket 10% reduction from full adult priced season ticket..........

• Like 3

18 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

@only2garners has they been any discussions between Waggott/club and the fans forum on next season ticket prices?

Not specifically about season tickets but at last Monday's meeting we talked about the general theme of this thread and work is ongoing at the club.

19 hours ago, darrenrover said:

We're all like caged animals straining to get out at the moment. The next opportunity to purchase a season ticket is going to be this summer. I'll throw this out for debate as a starter for 10:-

Get season tickets on sale by the end of February at the latest, priced irrespective of division we find ourselves in.

What do people think the take up would be in terms of numbers if the following applied?

£275 per adult ticket in all sections of Riverside, Blackburn End, Darwen End and Jack Walker Lower.

£375 per adult ticket for Jack Walker Upper 'wings' and £450 per adult ticket for Jack Walker Upper Central (exclude corporate seats)

Under 7s free with a full paying adult. 7-16 year olds £90 per junior ticket if with a full paying adult. £140 per ticket for young adults 17-23 year olds with a 4 year record of being a junior season ticket holder. Over 60s season ticket 10% reduction from full adult priced season ticket..........

If you wanted to shut down the Riverside you’ve just found the most supporter-friendly way to do so. There has the either be an upgrade to the Riverside or a discount.

Aside from that, I’d be ok with that as a pricing strategy.

Sadly I think that the current CEO has a vision for making STs £500 minimum. He hasn’t grasped that the football just isn’t worth that - and may never be for many Lancastrians.

The opportunity presented itself at the Oxford game. Bank holiday, superb weather, tenner a ticket IIRC, and a promotion party made for very exceptional circumstances. But there is no reason not to try to entice even just half of those numbers. He didn’t because he assumed (wrongly) that he could just carry on putting up prices and they would just flock back. He was wrong.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Stuart said:

If you wanted to shut down the Riverside you’ve just found the most supporter-friendly way to do so. There has the either be an upgrade to the Riverside or a discount.

Aside from that, I’d be ok with that as a pricing strategy.

Sadly I think that the current CEO has a vision for making STs £500 minimum. He hasn’t grasped that the football just isn’t worth that - and may never be for many Lancastrians.

The opportunity presented itself at the Oxford game. Bank holiday, superb weather, tenner a ticket IIRC, and a promotion party made for very exceptional circumstances. But there is no reason not to try to entice even just half of those numbers. He didn’t because he assumed (wrongly) that he could just carry on putting up prices and they would just flock back. He was wrong.

You need a bit of excitement on the pitch and around the club first.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You need a bit of excitement on the pitch and around the club first.

True enough.

I just don’t see Mowbray delivering it. He seemed to have changed tack at the start of this season but has reverted to type - even with most of his first choice players back fit.

There is absolutely no feel-good factor at all at the minute to keep the regulars interested, let alone new fans.

Something has to change.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stuart said:

True enough.

I just don’t see Mowbray delivering it. He seemed to have changed tack at the start of this season but has reverted to type - even with most of his first choice players back fit.

There is absolutely no feel-good factor at all at the minute to keep the regulars interested, let alone new fans.

Something has to change.

In the current climate and lockdown where we are told to stay home, protect the NHS and save lives. Most fans cant have a feel good factor cos we cant attend games sadly. If we could people might have it. 

Following Rovers right now is so very different and still strange from the normal way of watching games. 

20 hours ago, darrenrover said:

I think the take up will be pretty low, because Covid restrictions will still be in place during some/all of next season.

Edited by rigger

1 minute ago, rigger said:

I think the take up will be pretty low, because Covid restrictions will still be in place.

Fair point rigger, I really hope you are wrong for a multitude of more important reasons other than Rovers season ticket sales.

On the assumption that there are no Covid restrictions in August, in principal, what would your thoughts be?

2 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Fair point rigger, I really hope you are wrong for a multitude of more important reasons other than Rovers season ticket sales.

On the assumption that there are no Covid restrictions in August, in principal, what would your thoughts be?

If Mowbray has left I would buy a season ticket. At the suggested prices, I would expect a take-up of between 8000 and 10,000.

I'll throw another 'thinking outside of the box' idea for consideration:

Rovers to assist organise (and possibly subsidise) a series of bus services for home games, running from pubs throughout the region in order to capitalise on the potential of 'out of town' support. Yeh, more plastics from nobber country!

Pubs will be crying out for any innovative idea to boost customers post Covid restrictions too.

1. Starting in Bury/Radcliffe/Whitefield, calling in Ramsbottom, Egerton and potentially any overspill in Darwen,  en route to Ewood.

2. Starting in Rochdale ( @Tyrone Shoelaces to be the first customer!), calling in Whitworth, Bacup, Waterfoot, Rawtenstall, Haslingden en route to Ewood.

3. Starting in Clitheroe, calling in Whalley, Langho, Brownhill, Lammack en route to Ewood.

4. Starting in Preston, calling at Leyland, Bamber Bridge, Chorley etc en route to Ewood.

5. Us Darreners will look after ourselves thank you, having done this for over 30 years, without subsidy! 

I'd estimate the costs of each to be in the region of £200/£250 each bus maximum, fully costed, without subsidy. Charge £4 to £6 each adult and 50p/£1 for kids, return.

Obviously not written in tablets of stone, routes, prices etc. but you get the general gist of the idea.

What are your thoughts?.....

Edited by darrenrover

16 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

We are hoping that most of the country is vaccinate by then. 

I'm hoping we are back to normal by then and allow to attend Rovers in pre Covid times. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I'll throw another 'thinking outside of the box' idea for consideration:

Rovers to assist organise (and possibly subsidise) a series of bus services for home games, running from pubs throughout the region in order to capitalise on the potential of 'out of town' support. Yeh, more plastics from nobber country!

Pubs will be crying out for any innovative idea to boost customers post Covid restrictions too.

1. Starting in Bury/Radcliffe/Whitefield, calling in Ramsbottom, Egerton and potentially any overspill in Darwen,  en route to Ewood.

2. Starting in Rochdale ( @Tyronesshoelaces to be the first customer!), calling in Whitworth, Bacup, Waterfoot, Rawtenstall, Haslingden en route to Ewood.

3. Starting in Clitheroe, calling in Whalley, Langho, Brownhill, Lammack en route to Ewood.

4. Starting in Preston, calling at Leyland, Bamber Bridge, Chorley etc en route to Ewood.

5. Us Darreners will look after ourselves thank you, having done this for over 30 years, without subsidy! 

I'd estimate the costs of each to be in the region of £200/£250 each bus maximum, fully costed, without subsidy. Charge £4 to £6 each adult and 50p/£1 for kids, return.

Obviously not written in tablets of stone, routes, prices etc. but you get the general gist of the idea.

This is an excellent idea. It has been suggested and totally ignored in the recent past.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

It's an interesting topic and which some people will use especially if they want a few drinks pre game and half time. 

Personally myself I wouldnt be interested but I'm sure alot of people would be interested in travel to and back from games

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We are hoping that most of the country is vaccinate by then. 

I'm hoping we are back to normal by then and allow to attend Rovers in pre Covid times. 

I think your hopes will flounder in indecisive actions. I hope I am wrong.

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

I think your hopes will flounder in indecisive actions. I hope I am wrong.

Vaccination program is doing good. On targets for 15th February. More centres to open this week. 

Hopefully by August/September the entire population is vaccinate

Edited by chaddyrovers

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Vaccination program is doing good. On targets for 15th February. More centres to open this week. 

Maybe try to positive in mindset..

We need to get to normal way of life and soon. Vaccinations is the answer to our problems 

I think the latest quote says all UK people to have been given their first jab by September 2021. Do you think all restrictions will be removed before that target is achieved?

28 minutes ago, rigger said:

I think the latest quote says all UK people to have been given their first jab by September 2021. Do you think all restrictions will be removed before that target is achieved?

There's a discussion on this on the Coronavirus thread Rigger.