Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Stoke (h) Saturday 16th Jan

33 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Kaminski

Nyambe Lenihan Branthwaite Douglas 

Trybull   Johnson 

Elliott            Dack           Brereton 

Armstrong 

It's time. Back to basics. Accumulate points. 

Branthwaite might have to wait his turn.  He needs to watch and learn from Darragh and Derrick....the way of the drizzle.👊🍰

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

It has some bearing on the game if they field a stronger team than the one that's already beaten us. 

I doubt we will be rolling over their better team by 3 or 4 goals as Mercer suggested.

I will stand by my statement that the result six games ago has no physical bearing on tomorrows game. The performance of the players tomorrow will decide the outcome.

23 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Branthwaite might have to wait his turn.  He needs to watch and learn from Darragh and Derrick....the way of the drizzle.👊🍰

Luckily his path is clear and there is no "Mowbray muddling" with new signings needing to learn from the Mowbray bunch 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Kaminski

Trybull   Johnson 

Armstrong 

Decent side but surely Travis and Davenport should play in CM? The shape makes sense, suits our main players more than 433.

1 hour ago, Vilesinner said:

Kaminski

Trybull Rothwell Johnson

Elliot Armstrong Brereton

With Maglorie, Dack and Holby to come on if we are chasing the game.

Travis, Dolan and Gallagher to come on if we are winning. 

Magloire on to chase the game?

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Decent side but surely Travis and Davenport should play in CM? The shape makes sense, suits our main players more than 433.

I'm not sure Travis is up to the pace yet, but ya, a case could certainly be made for Davenport. I just want us to keep a clean sheet and I think Johnson and Trybull offer the most experience and solidity. Could be being overly cautious though. I'm just tired of seeing us concede pathetic goals. 

8 hours ago, USABlue said:

Thing with Rothwell he seems to be playing a lot deeper lately, is this him or is it Mowbrays orders.  He can't get the positioning to start those lovely runs cos he seems to be picking up the ball in our half rather than half way in theirs, why is that? 

Cos he was to be involved in the game so goes searching for ball. 

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

When we are pushing forward it would be wise to have pacy defenders to avoid being caught on the counter attack.

• Like 1

-------------Kammy-----------------

Nyambe Lenihan Brathwaite Douglas

----------Holtby--- Travis------------

Elliott----------Dack-----Rothwell----

-------------Armstrong---------------

Pretty much our best side.

Edited by Fraserkirky

Kaminski 

Nyambe   Lenihan  Braithwaite   Douglas

Travis

Dack       Rothwell

Elliott                                            Brereton 

Armstrong

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

As an aside,  would people take O'Neil over Mowbray and the style of play he brings with it? 

For me if his “poor style” is justified in the results then yes. It’s similar to the fat Sam debate. Personally I was happier watching hoofball as a mid table premier league side but some do seem happier as a mid table championship side playing pointless possession football.

Ironically, in my opinion this possession football we currently play is as bad as anything I’ve watched from rovers just not what’s conventionally accepted as crap football. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, matt83 said:

For me if his “poor style” is justified in the results then yes. It’s similar to the fat Sam debate. Personally I was happier watching hoofball as a mid table premier league side but some do seem happier as a mid table championship side playing pointless possession football.

Ironically, in my opinion this possession football we currently play is as bad as anything I’ve watched from rovers just not what’s conventionally accepted as crap football. 

Yeah true. 3 of their last 4 away games have finished 0-0 and would attract criticism at least on here, must be dreadful to watch. In fairness though most successful managers sort the defence out first and build from there. He's done the first part so will be interesting to see if he completes the job.

22 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Maybe I am too picky. I was not happy with the Allardyce style, and I am not happy with the Mowbray style. Am I wanting another change, yes. Will I be happy with who is appointed, probably not, but I would be satisfied with giving it a go.

14 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Kaminski

Trybull   Johnson 

Armstrong 

That could end up being 6 at the back. If you concede too much of the pitch to the opposition it doesn't matter how many defenders you have, you'll still concede. Get the ball in your opponents half and keep it there as much as you can.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That could end up being 6 at the back. If you concede too much of the pitch to the opposition it doesn't matter how many defenders you have, you'll still concede. Get the ball in your opponents half and keep it there as much as you can.

Maybe we could do with 6 at the back 😂 Ah no,I think Johnson and Trybull would know they need to push up where possible. They are 2 experienced defensive midfielders at this level. My brief to them would be get the ball forward quickly and directly (not necessarily long,but direct) I suppose the problem is we do the opposite of that recently, tipping and tapping pointlessly around in our own half. 

If you could be guaranteed Rothwell would have one of his 1 in 6 good games, well then he would start, but that's not possible. Maybe Davenport, but it would be throwing him in a bit at the deep end with an 18 year old centre half behind him (and Lenihan lol). Travis would be a shoe in,but he looked way off the pace the last game. I would go with experience. This Stoke team aren't the most dynamic, so I think we would get away with Johnson and Trybull. 

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

As an aside,  would people take O'Neil over Mowbray and the style of play he brings with it? 

Mmm. You would probably have to ya, going off his record. The end of his tenure over Ireland was very grim though and he got very cranky. He was constantly fighting and being narky with reporters. The football was dire as well,but you could make the case he was playing the hand he was dealt and over his tenure, he did deliver a major tournament and we look a long way from that happening again anytime soon. 

If he came back with a pep in his step, definitely,plus if he brought Keano 😉🙂 That would be ideal. He would certainly stamp out any holiday camp mentality. A tough task master is Martin.