BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Stoke (h) Saturday 16th Jan

Dire set up in both sides of the pitch from Rovers.

More proof of a total refusal to address historic defensive issues by the manager.

We can’t even do the basics right.

Total waste of a crop of decent players at this level.

Best chance is to put the manager in a taxi heading away from Ewood for the second half, let one of the coaches have a go at the second half.

Mowbray out.

• Like 4

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Sharpe's assessment:-

Miserable stuff, defensively all over the show from set plays, all too easy for the visitors who could be out of sight.

Sadly you could copy and paste that for a lot of our games this season. There’s no question that Mowbray should be fired but the chaotic structure at the club means he’s safe. All pretty grim. 

O’Neill is a proper coach. It isn’t by luck that Stoke are first to every loose ball, hungrier, faster in closing down, more organised. I doubt we’ll create much in the second half as they’re so resolute. Basically the polar opposite of us. Yes, the offside decision was shocking but we have to be mentally stronger. Since that we have conceded and could have conceded about four more. We crumble in these situations. Elliott clearly can’t play in this pudding of a pitch but that’s irrelevant as Stoke have about 3 men round him as soon as he gets the ball. Douglas seems to exist to give the ball away and prompt opposition counter attacks. Travis and Johnson are bouncing off Mikel like broken weebles (have we ever beaten a Mikel side?), there really is no hope, no plan B. I just wish I was there to vent my fury. The cat sitting to the left of me is looking rather nervous 

• Like 2

Travis is so far behind in this game he looks like he is still playing Doncaster. Need about 15 points to avoid relegation. Looking a tall order with the absolute sh*ite this shower have produced since November and getting worse every week. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DE. said:

For all we know we score that goal, they go up the other end and score two before half time. Just as likely as us scoring a second considering our recent form. I certainly wouldn't have backed us to keep a clean sheet even if the goal did count, and 1 shot on goal to Stoke's 7 in this first half doesn't suggest we've been in control of the game at any point.

Not having a go at you mate but I am tired of the excuses for this manager and this team. Something has got to change. 

Indeed, but that decision looked bread and butter for a linesman. The way the pitch is and everything, I don't see anything here for us now. 

I don't think anyone is really making excuses. We all pretty much agree a change may be for the best, but it's unlikely to happen. If lose this it would certainly be the straw that broke the camel's back for 99% of owners. 

Before kick off many commented on this lineup ....best for a while, returnees like Dack, Travis....new signing Branthwaite.....but................they 

fail to mention ....it makes no bloody difference....Mowbray is in the dugout....

clueless, without inspiration, without drive ....he looks pitiful. 

Nothing changes ! 

• Like 1

Worst half I can remember since forever. Playing with nine men doesn’t help but everyone has been poor. Nyambe won’t be joining anyone in summer with set-piece defending like that.

The folly of none in the front four being over 5’6” is manifested in not being able to make the ball stick up front and not having enough height to mark their big players from corners.

2 minutes ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Stop blaming the pitch. Stoke is playing on the same pitch. They had more shot attempts than us, scored a goal, their general passing is still miles ahead of us, looked solid, disciplined.

Too many of our players seems unfit, slow and uninterested. Only Branthwaite looks a breathe of fresh air, and thats because he just joined us. 

At the risk of sounding like I am clutching...I do think the Stoke half was in worse condition which is still not an excuse, we have been awful but 2nd half might stand a better chance of actually playing a bit and putting in a better performance, we shall see 🙄

Very poor.  Central midfield is key and we are too deep and ponderous - Travis looks very poor and needs some time in the 23s to get fit.  Elliot is also struggling and Rothwell looks out-of-sorts.  The only good news has been the new lad and a passable half from Douglas.  Have to say against their astute manager, this game looks done and dusted. 

• Like 1

Rovers creating nothing. 

Travis and Johnson too deep. Dack, Rothwell and Elliott not creating enough. Armstrong isolated 

Woeful defending for corners. Who.lost their man for Powell to score? 

Bring on Downing for Johnson. Get hold off the ball. Create something

Edited by chaddyrovers

4 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Totally appalling performance and pitch...

We look terrible. For what it's worth I would get Brereton on as at least the ball sticks to him. Also Id get Johnson off for Holtby so we actually can pass the ball a bit.

But we look totally physically outfought.

all we do is get the ball and either pass it square or mainly back then a big boot to the wing, lose the ball, get it back and do the same again. Midfield is a joke.

Honestly I just can’t believe Mowbray is still in a job. He is completely out of his depth at this level. It’s getting to a point where I think us fans need to make some sort of statement about it, but with no fans in stadiums I’m not sure how we can do that. At any other club, with these players, he would be gone.

• Like 4

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Indeed, but that decision looked bread and butter for a linesman. The way the pitch is and everything, I don't see anything here for us now. 

I don't think anyone is really making excuses. We all pretty much agree a change may be for the best, but it's unlikely to happen. If lose this it would certainly be the straw that broke the camel's back for 99% of owners. 

I can't believe how poor we are. The pitch is a shitheap but we all looked at that team and said yeah, we should be able to get something with that lineup. Instead we look like a bunch of League 1 cloggers. It's so bad that I actually am starting to wonder if the players have stopped trying. 

• Like 3

Just now, Dolly blue said:

Before kick off many commented on this lineup ....best for a while, returnees like Dack, Travis....new signing Branthwaite.....but................they 

This is Mowbray all over.  Been here for years and the 18 year old goes straight in. He cannot have trained much with the team, probably doesn't know everyones name.....straight in. Not having a go at the lad but it shows how shit we are....

Imagine how the squad will feel if an 18 year old goes straight in....

Mowbray couldn't manage his tea

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

Our team has no backbone. So weak mentally. As soon as something goes against us we crumble. It's no coincidence that we very rarely come from behind to win. 

Stoke may not have scored and we'd still be 1-0 up. Maybe they get fired up and score 2 or 3. We'll never know. Our collapse afterwards is inexcusable though. We're lucky to be going in only one down. 

Yes but I'd still rather that then know what seems to be a perfectly good goal just chalked off due to poor officials. I'd rather lose 4-1 and have the goal correctly given. It's incredibly frustrating.