BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Stoke (h) Saturday 16th Jan

6 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

You have seen Armstrong on 1v1s right? He shits the bed everytime. 
better than Gayle 😂

mowbrays time is up, you can’t deny it now 

I think you need to calm down pal. 

Dwight Gayle? why mention him? 

Not for me. My view is the same as last week. Give him the season and review in the summer like I keep saying

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

who says Venkys arent prepared to sign off the transfers for Pickering? 

Venkys trusted Mowbray thats why they signed off a loan transfer this week. You have seen post from @Kamy100 and @PeteJD13 saying that Venkys trusted Mowbray and they like him

why not at Boro? did you see their performance and loss to Birmingham City today? Boro arent anything special. 

Nobodies special in this league. Our last two promotion teams would be walking this division by a dozen points.  

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not for me. My view is the same as last week. Give him the season and review in the summer like I keep saying

Then in the Summer you will say give him another season. Then you'll say give him till Christmas. Then give him till Summer. Chaddyhog Day.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

So you'd prefer Rovers to lose rather than get a point? With 'fans' like you....

So you'd prefer for Rovers to get a win today rather than events to happen that might lead to the best long-term outcome for the club?

If a manager isn't good enough, why would you want to prolong the situation? 

• Like 6

At the start of the season when results were disappointing the excuses offered by Mowbray's disciples were that we had injuries, were playing well and that results would come. However as more players have come back the worse performances have got and results have been no better either. Today with arguably our strongest starting 11 on the field the display was pitiful.

There is no doubt that we have good players but the manager is completely clueless as to how to mould them into a successful and winning team. There is no shape players just seem to be roaming around out there, to be honest at no point today could I tell what system we were supposed to be playing.

Over half way into the season now and 7 points of the play offs having played a game more than 5th, 6th and 7th as well. Mowbray Out!

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, booth said:

Then in the Summer you will say give him another season. Then you'll say give him till Christmas. Then give him till Summer. Chaddyhog Day.

I like Mowbray and have huge amount of respect for the job he has done here and rebuilding the club, the fanbase and the Infrastructure behind the scenes after Coyle left the club. Clearly you don't. 

Like I said review in the summer but at the end the day I am NOT the one making the decision in deciding Mowbray's future and that decision will be make by Mrs D and owners in Pune. It won't be Waggott decision at all

Standard day at the office. 

• 0 goals in the first half, again. Admittedly it looks like we were wronged on the Armstrong disallowed goal but other than that no real chances and certainly not enough for the home side supposedly looking up the league table. Devoid of creativity or intensity.
  • Falling behind from minimal pressure, again from a cross into the box
  • Laboring for most of the game trying to break down a solid defence, creating little and looking like ending up 0-1.
  • From 70 minutes onwards and after a few changes we finally start to apply some serious pressure and thankfully this time managed to snatch a goal from it.
  • In the end it is too little too late to go on and win the game, still haven't created enough after the equaliser to be worthy of a winner.
  • We go home with a point that gets us nowhere in terms of top 6, another day of points dropped at home, quite abysmal for most of the afternoon and i can't argue with the scoreline.
  • Mowbray escapes serious scrutiny as we 'put the point in the bag and move on' yet really all the same old issues are staring at us in the face.
  • Raft of excuses - pitch, injuries, players not fully fit - all issues to varying degree under our control. The pitch issue in particular is almost entirely of our own making, created through a lack of investment and cost cutting now over many years. If Mowbray is fed up with it he needs to get on the phone to our great owners who never refuse a cheque. 
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, TheRoversReturn said:

So you'd prefer for Rovers to get a win today rather than events to happen that might lead to the best long-term outcome for the club?

If a manager isn't good enough, why would you want to prolong the situation? 

I’m sorry, but you’ve COMPLETELY lost the plot. Whatever will be will be but to not want Rovers to win is scandalous.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Like you've said for the last 2 years pal. And we've stagnated. We are never doing anything with this clown in charge. How you can continue to defend him is beyond comprehension 

• Like 2

It’s clear Travis and Dack need more time to get back up to speed. 
Relieved in the end we got a point but my overall feeling is one of disappointment not just for our first hours performance but due to the awful state of the pitch.

I know it’s in part because of  training on it but serious questions need to be asked about our ground maintenance team.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I like Mowbray and have huge amount of respect for the job he has done here and rebuilding the club, the fanbase and the Infrastructure behind the scenes after Coyle left the club. Clearly you don't. 

Well he's rapidly losing the fanbase and as for infrastructure, just look at the state of the pitch.

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

awful 1st half performance and second half wasn't much better until Buckley and Holtby came on with Dack going off. (no blame to Dack btw). Last 20 mins much better and players look hungry and got some attacking play finally. 

Armstrong's 1st half offside goal should have given. Never offside. If Chester would have never bought him down I think Armstrong would have scored and we won the game but didnt happen. 

Branthwaite looks promising and can see why Mowbray wanted him. 

Davenport and Brereton should start next game. 

Decisions even themselves out. Armstrong maybe was onside but the ball seemed out of play for the equaliser which has been excluded from your analysis.

• Like 2

That was a tough watch..again.

Branthwaite looked good, happy to have him here if he plays like that every week.

The rest of them though, just so poor and below their standards. Looked strong on paper, but returning players like Dack and Travis so off the pace.

We have no aerial threat, and that pitch it’s good enough for the way we want to play.

Seems to be a huge whole between our defence and Armstrong, really need a better way to link up.

• Like 1

If you and nephox rate Trybull we'll have to agree to disagree. I think he's absolute garbage, another completely pointless Lowe/Evans type albeit he is slightly better than those 2.

It must speak volumes when Norwich would rather save 2k p.w. than have him available.

At least Davenport has a bit of bite about him.

• Like 2