BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Stoke (h) Saturday 16th Jan

3 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

There’s nothing ‘reactionary’ to my post and any credibility in your theory would depend on you having the slightest idea what Mowbrays position is within the club....which I’m pretty sure you don’t.

For all we know he could lose every game for the rest of the season and still be the manager. So best to leave your judgement on my ‘thinking’ hey? 

The notion of wanting the team to lose has never sat right with me. Supporters want their team to win. The end.

I didn't have a "theory" or post one, so get it right. I was responding to the logical argument proposed by another poster. You then responded with the 'COMPLETELY lost the plot" line out of nowhere. So, it's ok for you to go on the offensive but nobody else to respond, then you use the god-like 'The End" as if you've dispensed Biblical wisdom on a Blackburn Rovers message board? Lol. 

As for "best to leave your judgement on my ‘thinking’ hey?", you might have a point if you weren't judging the thinking of other people. Apparently you can say that others have lost the plot but how dare they respond in the same manner? Your last paragraph highlights your hypocrisy. It's hard to take anyone seriously that ever ends their post with "The End". 

You like to judge other people but don't like to be judged yourself. Ok Paul, enjoy your evening. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Nope.

We need to get rid of all Mowbrays rot that includes Lowe who was here beforehand too.

I suspect you're right. I did say "if we're writing this season off" though.

My first choice would have been to sack the Mowbray, get the best possible replacement for the job, (a Pearson or Bilic type before he got another job) and let them bring in who they want.

I suspect we've left it a month too late for this season already but as everyone keeps pointing out we're "only" seven points out of play offs still so even now it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that someone really on the ball could come in, put a rocket up the players' arses, get them playing with some element of organisation and a plan and get  us there or thereabouts.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, The Mighty Chaffinch said:

The scary thing is...despite yet another pitiful showing we are still only 3 points off 7th place and 7 points off 6th! This league is poor. Somebody from the chasing pack is going to challenge the play offs but alas, it won’t be us. Ratings:

Kaminski: 6 - not a fan of short balls to feet on that pitch, his long game didn’t impress either. Still inspires more confidence than any of our keepers since Robinson.

Douglas: 5 - gave the ball away far too much. Set pieces aren’t living up to the billing. Solidish defensively 

Branthwaite: 7 - solid debut, fairly confident on the ball, inspired confidence. Promising start

Lenihan: 6 - Still not himself but didn’t let us down today

Nyambe: 6 - Lost Powell for the goal but started to offer a lot more going forward in the second half. 

Johnson: 5 - Outmuscled too easily by Stoke’s midfield 

Travis: 5 - Not fully match fit. Similar to Johnson. Yellow card ruined his contributions

Dack: 5 - To be effective against a side like Stoke he needed to be match fit...he wasn’t 

Rothwell: 5 - One bursting run for the offside goal but nothing else of note. Too inconsistent 

Elliott: 5 - Needs a bowling green not a pudding to play on

Armstrong: 6 - even if his goal has stood it would have been spawny as it megged the keeper, one decent shot in the second half.

Subs: Brereton: 6 - ok contribution, Davenport: 5, Holtby 6, Gallagher N/A (decide for yourself what that stands for), Buckley 7 - a goal and some good energy...helps to be playing in his correct position of course.

Discuss 

Think you are being harsh with Davenport mark - thought he added some much needed energy.

Nyambe was awful defensively- at fault for their goal and nearly gave away others.

You should mark to pitch - 1 (only gets one for looking green)

For me both Dack and Travis shouldn't have started.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well the Commentary have seen a replay and said it was onside and not close to being offside and our coaching team reaction to the Armstrong's goal being offside after being told by our analysis team it was onside. Normal reaction when you know that the goal should have stood.. 

Has Michael O'Neill complained about our goal? what comments have you seen from him about our goal?

why can't you accept different opinions and there is plenty of Rovers fans on social media who back Mowbray? are we all wrong cos your view is we need a change? 

Total and utter BS that gets turn out every time when you cannot accept different opinions thats aren't in line with your own. So why can't accept different opinions?

why would any Rovers fan want their team to lose a game? 

says who? 

who says Venkys would appoint a good manager? 

and considering the potential shortlist from the agents we have used for the last 4 managers who would you appoint from that list? The list we produce by @Miller11 a few times?

why can't you just accept my opinion just like I can with you? 

This is a problem with some of you who want change but cannot others don;t. 

When you say why can't you accept my opinion, what exactly do you mean? No one has said they don't accept your opinion. They disagree with your opinion. You're on a discussion forum.

And what have "plenty of Rovers fans on social media back Mowbray" got to do with it?

FabulousPracticalCanadagoose-size_restri

I thought we was getting a good LB in Douglas but something just isn’t right there.

The way the Leeds fans love him, I believe the hype. Then realised it’s probably same way we showed love to Smallwood when he left.

Right now I think Bell is a better option and I don’t say that lightly.

30 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

If someone said to me Mowbray loses at Swansea and he gets sacked I'd back it very very happily, and enjoy the game.

This. Being a supporter is about wanting the best for your club. The best for Rovers right now and going forward, I think we can (almost) all agree, is not Mowbray.

If it was a choice between winning on Tuesday and on we plod, or lose and he’s guaranteed (that’s the key word there) to resign or be sacked, then it’d be a no-brainer. As I believe that could be the best for Rovers long term.

I’d have taken getting hammered 20 Premier League games in a row if it meant Kean would have been sacked. Unfortunately it was clear he was bulletproof. Bit like Mowbray appears to be now (he’s obviously nowhere near Kean and Coyle’s level, goes without saying, but best just make that clear...).

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dolly blue said:

Haven’t seen this message board as flat for a long time. 
We are weary ...and it shows.. ...it’s a bit like what’s happening on the pitch....

..any doubt as to why ???

Chaddy's still waving his pom-poms.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Yes they are, and that's the exact situation we are in. Would you mind answering? I'm genuinely curious. I'm not trying to beat you with some stick, I'm wondering where the limit is that you could consider changing your stance, as there must be one. I'm not attempting to get you to change your stance.

Well no we arent in that situation of losing 7 or 8 on the bounce. 

Sadly some on here would use it to beat me with some stick and boast how they were right and I was wrong, 

So respectfully I won't be answering. If my opinion change I will post it on the forum but as off right now my opinion hasn't change so please accept my opinion and respect it. 

11 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

You've not answered my question. Why is Mowbray still the man? 

I have answered similar questions to yours before. What's the point of keep repeating myself when you ignore it. Pointless. 

Also You didn't any of mine either but hey ho. I wont asked again

4 minutes ago, frosty said:

This. Being a supporter is about wanting the best for your club. The best for Rovers right now and going forward, I think we can (almost) all agree, is not Mowbray.

If it was a choice between winning on Tuesday and on we plod, or lose and he’s guaranteed (that’s the key word there) to resign or be sacked, then it’d be a no-brainer. As I believe that could be the best for Rovers long term.

I’d have taken getting hammered 20 Premier League games in a row if it meant Kean would have been sacked. Unfortunately it was clear he was bulletproof. Bit like Mowbray appears to be now (he’s obviously nowhere near Kean and Coyle’s level, goes without saying, but best just make that clear...).

Would you really pay a tenner Tuesday night and watch hoping we lose?

Just now, Wood26 said:

I thought we was getting a good LB in Douglas but something just isn’t right there.

The way the Leeds fans love him, I believe the hype. Then realised it’s probably same way we showed love to Smallwood when he left.

Right now I think Bell is a better option and I don’t say that lightly.

I'm really not a fan of Douglas but thought he had an okay game today. The new young lad from Everton was really solid at LCB so maybe that helped Douglas lot.

For me we significantly improved when Davenport and Holtby came on. They changed the game really as they could cover more grass and pass the ball better than Travis and Johnson. Brereton also meant the ball had somewhere to stick.

Johnson was so slow, Travis didn't look fit enough and when he got booked completely dropped out of the game. Dack similarly seemed to struggle. The whole diminutive front three got nothing out of Stoke.

My team for Swansea is really just persisting with those better performers :

Kaminski

Nyambe.   Lenihan.   Branthwaite.   Douglas

Holtby.    Davenport.    Rothwell 

Elliott.      Armstrong.   Brereton

Use Travis and Dack from the bench.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

Would you really pay a tenner Tuesday night and watch hoping we lose?

No certainly not at the moment, as I don’t think Mowbray is under any pressure regardless of whether we win, lose or draw. So we may as well win in that case, of course, even if mid-table is our limit.

If for some reason there was a guarantee that a loss would lead to his departure, then that’d be a game changer.....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I'm really not a fan of Douglas but thought he had an okay game today. The new young lad from Everton was really solid at LCB so maybe that helped Douglas lot.

For me we significantly improved when Davenport and Holtby came on. They changed the game really as they could cover more grass and pass the ball better than Travis and Johnson. Brereton also meant the ball had somewhere to stick.

Johnson was so slow, Travis didn't look fit enough and when he got booked completely dropped out of the game. Dack similarly seemed to struggle. The whole diminutive front three got nothing out of Stoke.

I agree about Holtby much better when he came on, same with Brereton. That’s the most frustrating thing for me, we can’t get all our good players playing well at same time.

Holtby and Brereton been poor lately, rightfully dropped, then come on and impress. 

Happens to much for us.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

There’s nothing ‘reactionary’ to my post and any credibility in your theory would depend on you having the slightest idea what Mowbrays position is within the club....which I’m pretty sure you don’t.

For all we know he could lose every game for the rest of the season and still be the manager. So best to leave your judgement on my ‘thinking’ hey? 

The notion of wanting the team to lose has never sat right with me. Supporters want their team to win. The end.

There's a lot wrong with that post.

Firstly, whilst the Rao's are generally unpredictable where Rovers are concerned, I'm guessing there's no actual evidence that Mowbray is completely bulletproof or immune to bad results no matter what.

Secondly, even if he were, (which I doubt) it can't be argued that that SHOULD be the case can it?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I don't necessarily agree with the view that the players are all that much.

Mowbray has reached his ceiling and has taken us as far as he's capable, but I'm not convinced another manager would get that much more out of this set of players.

A better manager would find better players though.

I agree. This squad of players is miles behind our previous promotion teams I’ve seen, not even close: too inconsistent and no win at all costs types. Each of them on their day can look decent but no-one looks decent more than two games running. Look at Holtby, real class today but how long is it since he played as well, plus he hasn’t scored for a year. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

It amazes me we are still top scorers in the division, because I find myself wondering how are we going to score every game over the last 3 months or so.

It is hard to believe. Especially as you say we've really laboured over the last couple of months - narrow and fortuitous wins over Rotherham, Millwall, Barnsley, draw draws v Stoke and Sheff Wed, defeat to Norwich. Away from home failed to score at Stoke and Bristol, 1 at Huddersfield.

It says a lot about where we are at. We've got more goals and the divisions top goalscorer yet are mid-table and have been for months. I'm afraid that is unacceptable. It is underachievement. The double edged sword is that Mowbray deserves some recognition and credit for making us the top scorers and bringing in the players to do it but these things don't last long and you simply have to make the most of it while you can. Most managers in this league would kill for the talent we have in our ranks where goals flow.

• Like 4

Talk about groundhog day. 

Rovers get an uninspiring result leaving us all pretty dissatisfied. When it comes to leaving fans dissatisfied Rovers aren't half consistent at that. Shame we aren't in any other way. 

Chaddy labours under the delusion that opinions are inviolate and have merit regardless of what they are. (If I say Shearer or Friedel were rubbish and why won't people accept my opinion the falacy of unchallengeable opinions is highlighted.)

Rovers are rooted firmly in mid table. We aren't going up regardless of what we do, we aren't going down likewise. Also we aren't going to rebuild or develop as the glacial development so far indicates. So what on earth is there to be interested in? 

TM needs potting or we could lose even more fans this season. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

insults just weaken your arguments and show a lack of contempt for other people's opinions who disagree with you. I haven't shown any of this for your opinion.  

rapidly losing the fanbase? based on BRFCS poll but like I show for balance another poll where the vast majority back him 

have you seen a replay that shows the ball was deffo out of play? 

Waggott run the club for the owners. But major decisions like change of manager is made at ownership level like it has been everytime under Venkys. 

I would expect the owners to take note of what is said by the person they have paid to run the club. Even if that running has achieved only disharmony.