BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Stoke (h) Saturday 16th Jan

5 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Talk about groundhog day. 

Rovers get an uninspiring result leaving us all pretty dissatisfied. When it comes to leaving fans dissatisfied Rovers aren't half consistent at that. Shame we aren't in any other way. 

Chaddy labours under the delusion that opinions are inviolate and have merit regardless of what they are. (If I say Shearer or Friedel were rubbish and why won't people accept my opinion the falacy of unchallengeable opinions is highlighted.)

Rovers are rooted firmly in mid table. We aren't going up regardless of what we do, we aren't going down likewise. Also we aren't going to rebuild or develop as the glacial development so far indicates. So what on earth is there to be interested in? 

TM needs potting or we could lose even more fans this season. 

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Do you think there is a realistic chance of that changing? And if not, surely it makes sense to build with half an eye on next season, building around the players mainly that will be around then. Mowbray is stumbling between systems just hoping something sticks.

If we move up to 8th, that’s improvement, but it’s not a playoff place. If I remember Mowbray’s prior comments, playoffs were his goal. 

We’ve only been 8th once since relegation. If we can get that high on the table, sacking him becomes that much more problematic.

No easy answers to this. I’m just afraid there is nobody else out there clearly better than Mowbray, that would justify sacking him.  

It’s interesting to compare the stats from our 2 games with Stoke as they were only 28 days apart.

We had 200 less passes today where as Stoke had similar to the away game, we had much less possession, much fewer shots, corners.

Apart from passes, everyone we was ahead on away, we was behind on today.

That away game, that we dominated, we got zero points. Today, we got 1.

Strange game.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

I thought we was getting a good LB in Douglas but something just isn’t right there.

The way the Leeds fans love him, I believe the hype. Then realised it’s probably same way we showed love to Smallwood when he left.

Right now I think Bell is a better option and I don’t say that lightly.

Douglas was my main of match. 

Brilliant tackle yo set up our first goal.

And solid throughout.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

If we move up to 8th, that’s improvement, but it’s not a playoff place. If I remember Mowbray’s prior comments, playoffs were his goal. 

We’ve only been 8th once since relegation. If we can get that high on the table, sacking him becomes that much more problematic.

No easy answers to this. I’m just afraid there is nobody else out there clearly better than Mowbray, that would justify sacking him.  

No one to our knowledge. There are the usual suspects, Pearson, Howe, Hughes, Wagner, Cowley etc but even if we wanted someone outside of those, there are plenty of talented coaches abroad and in the lower leagues assuming that the powerw that be put in the relevant research that may be beyond our immediate knowledge.

• Like 1

Without trying to stop the discussion, to be clear what is and isn’t acceptable here: 

Questioning somebodies opinion, or asking for their comment is absolutely fine. Telling someone they are wrong, just like telling someone they are right, is fine. Discussion, on a discussion forum, is encouraged. 
Trying to bait people into arguements is not.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No one to our knowledge. There are the usual suspects, Pearson, Howe, Hughes, Wagner, Cowley etc but even if we wanted someone outside of those, there are plenty of talented coaches abroad and in the lower leagues assuming that the powerw that be put in the relevant research that may be beyond our immediate knowledge.

Well the last 4 managers have all come from the same agency. Who to say it wouldn't be from the same agency again. 

Not to promote, or argue against, a managerial change, what are the perceived strengths & weaknesses of Damien Johnson? How about Gareth Ainsworth?

If/when the time comes for a managerial change, I would be open to including younger men, not just “the usual suspects.” I know it can be risky, but it’s always a risk, anyway, going a different direction. 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well the last 4 managers have all come from the same agency. Who to say it wouldn't be from the same agency again. 

Thats one hell of a desperate assumption to justify the managers position in absence of any reasoning to suggest that we are progressing under him, purely based on thoeretical fear.

1 minute ago, WacoRover said:

Not to promote, or argue against, a managerial change, what are the perceived strengths & weaknesses of Damien Johnson? How about Gareth Ainsworth?

If/when the time comes for a managerial change, I would be open to including younger men, not just “the usual suspects.” I know it can be risky, but it’s always a risk, anyway, going a different direction. 

I think that talented younger coaches should be considered as well as those from abroad, Barnsley have massively benefitted from the latter. As supporters we obviously have limited knowledge of potential candidates and I believe the usual names are often used as baseless proof that better isnt out there.

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Gav said:

Supporting his team booth, thats part of the deal isn't it?

In fairness you were staunchly against Big Sam (can’t pretend I was a huge fan of his towards the end either mind), we all have our own limits and beliefs as to when supporting the team starts and stops and when there is more at play.

Personally i would now like the manager to leave tomorrow rightly or wrongly but I’m less bothered than I have been before, come out of here more through habit these days, sad times.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Thats one hell of a desperate assumption to justify the managers position in absence of any reasoning to suggest that we are progressing under him, purely based on thoeretical fear.

My point was the last 4 managers have all come from same agency so why wont the next one..

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

My point was the last 4 managers have all come from same agency so why wont the next one..

And therein lies the paradox of those who support Mowbray. The argument against replacing him is that we may only go back to a certain agency to replace him, the same agency that gave us Tony Mowbray.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think that talented younger coaches should be considered as well as those from abroad, Barnsley have massively benefitted from the latter. As supporters we obviously have limited knowledge of potential candidates and I believe the usual names are often used as baseless proof that better isnt out there.

Absolutely; men like Santo, Bielsa, etc, it doesn’t have to be a man from the UK (I’m from Texas, so my search might be even broader than others on this board). 

What is the general feeling about Tugay- is he still a Coach at Galatasaray? 

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Is there any free managers at the agency better than Mowbray? 

Please God tell me there's some managers on their books better than TM. 🤞🤞

11 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Absolutely; men like Santo, Bielsa, etc, it doesn’t have to be a man from the UK (I’m from Texas, so my search might be even broader than others on this board). 

What is the general feeling about Tugay- is he still a Coach at Galatasaray? 

I dont think we should make any decision based on emotion or sentimentality. With Ainsworth, the job he has done is impressive but him being a Rovers fan should not come into it. With Johnson he has no senior managerial experience so it would be a gamble based on very little evidence, especially as id prefer someone external with new ideas.

• Like 4