BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Stoke (h) Saturday 16th Jan

8 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Yeah late to every single ball today, way too slow. His last and maybe only really good performance was away at Cardiff last year second half.

I think he is an abysmal player at this level and a huge issue. No doubt will be first name on the team sheet on Tuesday.

Ah no he was good this season at the start too. Remember he got player of the month for September?

6 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19017407.rovers-fans-left-fearing-another-long-run-finish/

Sharpe not pulling many punches here.

Also, considering we have players like Johnson, Ayala, Lenihan, Gallagher etc. we have only scored 1 header all season. 

Nick Powell now has 2 totally unmarked ones against us alone.

Sharp is right but as well as writing it he also needs to challenge Mowbray on it. Mowbray has the easiest gig in football not accountable to the owners, ceo, fans or local media. Hopefully the worm is turning. 

• Like 3

Rovers fans arguing amongst ourselves is daft. Any Rovers fan is a brother or sister. It just highlights how this is not a normal club these days and that we have little if any influence over the Venky's and their decision making. Rovers fans want the best for their club, but do their objectives align with those of the owners?

Apologies for arguing with fellow fans over nothing very much significant. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

Sharp is right but as well as writing it he also needs to challenge Mowbray on it. Mowbray has the easiest gig in football not accountable to the owners, ceo, fans or local media. Hopefully the worm is turning. 

If you asked Sharpe off record if he thought Mowbray should be potted I'm pretty sure I know what his answer would be. He still needs to maintain some kind of relationship with the club though so understandably has to mute his opinions a little.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

That pitch is awful - I would be curious as to what has gone wrong. However, it has looked ropey for a while surely TM should be adjusting our home playing style rather than waiting until the last 15 minutes. 

It's textbook stubborn Mowbray. We could all see yesterday we couldn't play football on it the way we were "trying". 

I think he had been good for the club and I'm not going to start insulting him, even if he stays the season. It's just a pity from all sides if this drags on. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davulsukur said:

That's the most negative I have heard fan comments in/under a LT article during TMs reign. I use the word negative in the loosest sense of the word but it must be bad when even fans on LT think we aren't playing well. Think no fans in the ground is probably helping TM now. 

6 hours ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

That pitch is awful - I would be curious as to what has gone wrong. However, it has looked ropey for a while surely TM should be adjusting our home playing style rather than waiting until the last 15 minutes. 

There's an interesting article in todays paper by James Wilson who usually writes perceptively on football tactics. He notes that City have changed their way of playing because of the number of games they are having to play. They've cut down the pressing game and have adopted a more possession based game.

He also says - " It helps City that playing Raheem Sterling on the right and Phil Foden on the left, their " natural " sides, as City did against Chelsea and United, widens the pitch and stretches the opposing defence. It's a step back to the more traditional Dutch approach. It makes passing easier ".

Well the penny has dropped with Pep, I wonder how long it'll take Tony ?

Those of who remember a long list of great Rovers wide players stretching our opponents to breaking point could have told Pep that years ago !

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

• J*B unpinned this topic
18 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Ive not seen a replay from a good angle of either incident but it is of little surprise that you only chose the incident in which Mowbray can claim a hard luck story about.

So have you a replay that says the ball was out of play before Elliott plays it back to Buckley? 

I've seen Michael O'Neill's interview with Sky Sports extended highlights of the game and doesnt mention the ball being out of play. 

• Backroom
17 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Odd that you were wrong?

Ha, nope, I'm not that arrogant..... not always anyway. 😉

I trusted the commentators judgement, they obviously had a replay angle we didn't. 

Was more they were making out it was miles onside, and a few of us thought off instantly from our angle. 

I still haven't seen the other angle tbh. Was it miles on? Or was it one of those split second calls that we all scream about, but let's be honest are often very hard for linos to get right consistently. 

Put it this way, I was screaming at JR to release the ball, and felt he dwelt too long. Maybe that clouded my judgment. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

4 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Nick Powell now has 2 totally unmarked ones against us alone.

Unbelievably soft goal, and it's not unusual is it? Nyambe was the culprit this time, but the entire defence have always been doing it under Mowbray. It's basic marking, basic defending....it just shouldn't happen. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Unbelievably soft goal, and it's not unusual is it? Nyambe was the culprit this time, but the entire defence have always been doing it under Mowbray. It's basic marking, basic defending....it just shouldn't happen. 

Unbelievably soft goal!

How many times have we felt that soul destroying sensation , watching Rovers-even this season? 

No signs of resolution in God knows how long. Sick of the mind numbing predictability.

The three of us in front of our TV uttered a collective-in unison-"Fck 0ff!"..........(again)

• Like 1

Nyambe pushed Johnson for their goal. Like, why? It's not the first time I have seen our players push each other going up for stuff. It's just a lack of cohesion. 

I know clown pants was a gobshite, but didn't he get the group out doing team binding and stuff like that? We always seem so close to the payers dropping their heads and not fighting for each other. Any little setback or something goes against us and boom, there it is. I don't think Mowbrays attitude with his favourites and some being untouchable helps. 

The team spirit on the field seems very fragile. 

24 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

It looked to me as though our bigger guys were run out from under the ball Stoke players moving towards the ball. That left Powell to nip in and get the better of Nyambe who shouldn't really be in that position. I'd say it was a planned move on their behalf.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It looked to me as though our bigger guys were run out from under the ball Stoke players moving towards the ball. That left Powell to nip in and get the better of Nyambe who shouldn't really be in that position. I'd say it was a planned move on their behalf.

Yep, a set-piece move straight off the training ground but which seem to catch us out time and time again, and yet we rarely score against the opposition. When did we last score with a free header from a corner? 

It's clear Mowbray doesn't realise that opponents have these set pieces moves in their armoury and sets the defence up to combat them, and neither does he get Rovers practising them for us to score.

Just another example of him over-thinking the line-ups and formations yet not getting the basics right

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Nyambe pushed Johnson for their goal. Like, why? It's not the first time I have seen our players push each other going up for stuff. It's just a lack of cohesion. 

I know clown pants was a gobshite, but didn't he get the group out doing team binding and stuff like that? We always seem so close to the payers dropping their heads and not fighting for each other. Any little setback or something goes against us and boom, there it is. I don't think Mowbrays attitude with his favourites and some being untouchable helps. 

The team spirit on the field seems very fragile. 

Football players come with all sorts of temperaments just like in most walks of life. There are the battlers who are always up for a scrap and the artists who don't really fancy the rough stuff much and then there are the easy going guys who'll  battle when they get their mad up.

You need a mixture of all three. Too many battlers doesn't work very often, especially in todays football. However not having any battlers or just one or two is a recipe for getting out enthused in the game as we are now seeing every week. Having two guys out there coming back from serious injuries isn't likely to increase our fighting spirit especially when one of them was your previous battler. They'll be trying to make sure it doesn't happen again.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

So have you a replay that says the ball was out of play before Elliott plays it back to Buckley? 

I've seen Michael O'Neill's interview with Sky Sports extended highlights of the game and doesnt mention the ball being out of play. 

This debate would be over if the football league shelled out some money and got VAR in the Championship,its going to happen eventually so why not now.