BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Stoke (h) Saturday 16th Jan

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

why? 

Ok, I’ll humour you, seeing as Liverpool V Man Utd is typically dull.

You, like everyone else, have seen one replay of that disallowed goal, from a difficult, no, a poor angle.
You’d be able to tell a lot better if you were level with the last defender. Of course that’s the position the linesman takes up... unfortunately he has to judge whether a player (who as an aside gets caught offside an awful lot) who is trying to remain dead level with a defender might have moved his fingernail, big toe or tip of his penis a centimetre In front of said defender at the precise moment the ball is played. As that ball was played from a reasonable distance away, to be 100% accurate in this he’d need eyes that work independently of each other, and probably two brains. So, he makes the best call he can. 

It was close from the angle we all saw. The only way you can be NEARLY certain is by using expensive, time consuming technology. Which is of course what happens in the premier league and is an utter farce. It’s also only come about because of the massive scrutiny officials get and the ridiculous expectations brought about by people online and in TV studios making a lot of noise. Oh, and managers who won’t take accountability for their own failings.

Thats probably one of the reasons O’Neill hasn’t felt the need to come out and whinge about our goal. He isn’t clutching at straws to try and defend the fact he’s doing a poor job.

• Like 6

On 16/01/2021 at 11:59, roversfan99 said:

Ive not seen a replay from a good angle of either incident but it is of little surprise that you only chose the incident in which Mowbray can claim a hard luck story about.

Is there one?  Again to be fair to Mowbray in he did say if we had got a second it would have been harsh on Stoke.  I think that with comments like he's hardly.touting a hard luck story is he?  I would like him replaced too but let's.keep it straight.eh.

23 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Is there one?  Again to be fair to Mowbray in he did say if we had got a second it would have been harsh on Stoke.  I think that with comments like he's hardly.touting a hard luck story is he?  I would like him replaced too but let's.keep it straight.eh.

I meant from Chaddys point of view in regards to defending Mowbray by only bringing up potential refereeing mistakes that went against us.