SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Stoke (h) Saturday 16th Jan

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Kaminski 

Nyambe Lenihan Branthwaite Dougjas

Rothwell  Johnson  Travis

Elliott    Armstrong   Brereton 

Is this the team that you would pick, or the one you think Mowbray will pick ?

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Team I would go for. 

Rothwell has to play.in midfield to run and take players on. Plus he has dribbling to take players on. We lack this when he does play

I agree about Rothwell. What is your thinking with Johnson ?

12 minutes ago, rigger said:

I agree about Rothwell. What is your thinking with Johnson ?

Stoke are physical team so someone like Johnson will be needed at set pieces but also defensive against someone like Powell if he is playing. I was torn between him and Davenport who I think deserves his chance in team. 

I haven't look at Stoke team news tho

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Stoke are physical team so someone like Johnson will be needed at set pieces but also defensive against someone like Powell if he is playing. I was torn between him and Davenport who I think deserves his chance in team. 

I haven't look at Stoke team news tho

For me I would have Davenport over Johnson. I think we should set our team up, and let them worry about it. Not pick a team to negate their strengths. That is what subs are for. 

1 minute ago, rigger said:

For me I would have Davenport over Johnson. I think we should set our team up, and let them worry about it. Not pick a team to negate their strengths. That is what subs are for. 

You got to think set pieces marking and height of the team somewhat but not over think it

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You got to think set pieces marking and height of the team somewhat but not over think it

Well it hasn't worked so far. You start by, if you have to give away free-kicks, give them away in less dangerous areas. If the opposition get the ball have someone challenging immediately, not backing off to let the opponents into a dangerous area (last week for example). I don't think Johnson is the man for that. Secondly if you have to defend a dead ball into the box, every player should know what he is meant to be doing(that is what training is for). It might not work all the time, but it will for most occasions. 

I dont understand not including Dack. He has played 3 cameos and the majority of the game last week, he is clearly physically fit enough but lacking match fitness. Going from 70+ minutes back to a cameo seems counter productive to me,

I appreciate that he wasnt on top form last week, but that was of course in a changed up side in which he played a position that he blatantly isnt suited to playing. And he might take a couple more games to build himself back up fully, but it is worth it.

Play him in his best position, as our best player behind our other best player, if he cant manage a full 90 then fine but going back to cameos and he wont be able to in the near future either.

Yawn, Rovers 0 Stoke 1 we have 70% possesion 19 shots and Stoke have 1.

Dack has to play, fornone he is the only is one Armstrong ever passes to.  Does not like to give it to Big Ben or gally but will dacky.

Edited by USABlue

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Team I would go for. 

Rothwell has to play.in midfield to run and take players on. Plus he has dribbling to take players on. We lack this when he does play

Thing with Rothwell he seems to be playing a lot deeper lately, is this him or is it Mowbrays orders.  He can't get the positioning to start those lovely runs cos he seems to be picking up the ball in our half rather than half way in theirs, why is that? 

Great fixture for Rovers this.

Playing a team out of form with lots of injury problems and who struggle so much to score goals (just 2 in last 6 league games) that even our defence will look mean and competent.

Mowbray badly needs a win and I see a 'purple' performance coming up with Rovers winning by 3 or 4 goals to reignite our promotion push in the eyes of Mowbray and his merry band of happy clappers.

At 23/20, this is one of those licence to print money games - fill yer boots.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Playing a team out of form with lots of injury problems and who struggle so much to score goals (just 2 in last 6 league games) that even our defence will look mean and competent.

Mowbray badly needs a win and I see a 'purple' performance coming up with Rovers winning by 3 or 4 goals to reignite our promotion push in the eyes of Mowbray and his merry band of happy clappers.

You are the ultimate wind up Merce.

Saturday-Thursday: ‘Mowbray is the worst manager of all time, bunch of spineless t*sspots in our side, gotta look over our shoulders’.

Friday: ‘we’ll win by 3 or 4 goals tomorrow.’

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

They beat us only a few games ago, with a weaker team.

Kaminski 

Nyambe   Lenihan  Braithwaite   Douglas

Travis     

Davenport   Dack

Elliott                                            Brereton 

Armstrong

Rothwell and Johnson ready to come in at half if the center of the park needs changing. 

Edited by yankfan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Well they sat back for 90 minutes against us at there place after nicking a goal and we never looked like scoring other than Douglas hitting the post! If they do the same tomorrow I don’t know how we’ll break them down. A license to print it most definitely is not my friend. Remember kids, always gamble responsibly and all that. 

• Like 1