BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea City Home

3 hours ago, Ossydave said:

I can see a fair bit of tinkering for this game given his paddy about the pitch last game. Its classic Mowbray to do something completely random just to try and prove a point. Gallagher up front on his own and long balls pumped up aimlessly would be most likely. 

He looked pretty injured to me. Don't expect to see him or Rothwell. 

With the pitch could go either way. That being 3-0 Swansea or 2-1 Rovers. 

I don't see us sticking with 4-3-3 until the pitch is sorted so I assume TM will go 4-2-3-1. 

Kaminski

Nyambe  Lenihan Branthwaite Douglas

Trybull     Holtby

Gallagher      Buckley       Brereton 

Armstrong

This is what I think TM will go. Not what I believe we should go. He will play more direct up to the big boys. Buckley looked good for the 15 mins when he was on in attacking mid so I believe will get a start. I would go Trybull and Holtby because Johnson and Travis aren't looking good at the moment. Davenport could start but I think we need more experience in midfield against Swansea. I'd also give Elliot a rest. 

Swansea should pound us. Everything we pretend we are. Attacking and movement not pedestrian and sideways. Ayew at this level is ridiculous too.

That said we are desperate to see the back of TM we will get a Flook penalty in the closing stages for 3 points to continue this nightmare.

Terrible on Saturday for large parts of the game. I genuinely think the squad is decent so it's concerning for large parts of games we disappear. Sky were discussing how weak this years championship is and i can't disagree. Swansea aren't great and sit 2nd...OMG

If anyone wants to put themselves through more pain club twitter has a free ifollow offer for a retweet.. (because i'm not paying)

https://twitter.com/RoversSelect/status/1351217138581843968?s=20

On 17/01/2021 at 17:08, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That's only a bit muddy. I once played on a pitch with big pools of standing water. The ref said - " It's your pitch lads, if you want to play it's OK by me ". Now and again the ball landed in pools of water with nobody nearby. The wind was blowing and the ball would sail across the pool like a toy yacht. The trick was to anticipate where the ball would sail to.

That’s nothing Tyrone.

I once played on a pitch so muddy that both my boots came off - stuck in the mud. A high lob from our keeper saw the ball disappear underground. Despite all the team players and half the crowd digging with shovels, we never saw the ball, or my boots again. 
It finished 0-0. Match abandoned after the floodlights were no longer any use because of being covered by the mud from the shovels.

• Like 4

Yesterday’s LT, ‘no momentum lost’

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19018264.mowbray-insists-no-momentum-lost-despite-rovers-recent-run/

Also yesterday’s LT, ‘we are losing a bit of confidence’

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19020010.mowbray-says-rovers-confidence-levels-hit-little-bit/

Broke my own rule of not reading manager interviews, remembered why...

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Yesterday’s LT, ‘no momentum lost’

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19018264.mowbray-insists-no-momentum-lost-despite-rovers-recent-run/

Also yesterday’s LT, ‘we are losing a bit of confidence’

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19020010.mowbray-says-rovers-confidence-levels-hit-little-bit/

Broke my own rule of not reading manager interviews, remembered why...

To be fair you have to have at least some momentum to begin with if you are going to lose it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JPTSwindon said:

Is this on red button?

To be fair I find the screen resolution and commentary better on iFollow.

Another random selection tonight and we will need some luck. That said we are due a decent performance and I expect Swansea to not sit back, which might help us.

No