BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Years Season Tickets

By the way Man City have sold 32,000 season tickets so far for next season’s campaign regardless of what division they will be playing in next season.

Frightening isn't it..really drives home the almost impossible task our club faces off the field of play.

It's expected really, we simply don't have a big catchment area wink.gif

As for impossible, well it depends what you're aiming at. City are in a mess financially despite having access to all that money, we're in relative control. I think to keep us financially safe we must lower our expectations - mid table mediocracy will do me thankyou very much. thumbs-up.gif

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Presume 7x Cat C, 6x Cat B, 6x Cat A.

Cat c = £23, Cat B = £25, Cat C = £28

Total Match Day price = £479.

Season Ticket is £415 this time I think....

Minus from the 479 the discounts available from the card - make this 3 lots of 5 stickers savings you sixty quid = saving of £4!!

But the above is based on presumptions, I have no idea how many of each Catergory games there is, nor does it include the £1 booking fee for over the phone for each ticket, each game, nor does it include all but guaranteed away tickets, nor the discount on club merchandise.

You mean 15 X £5 = £75

4 X £28 = £102

Total £177

Season ticket £400 ish ??

This is Williams/Rovers problem next season. One of their own making.

Why buy a season ticket?

1. If you are gonna go to every home game, then it may work out slightly cheaper.

2. To guarantee a seat at every game.

3. Erm,

4. Thats it,

1. £10, £15 special offers every season make this saving borderline, throw in holidays, illness and the unexpected then its doubtfull that you will save money

2. Guarantee a seat? Trust me , you are guaranteed a seat at Ewood for any match you want next season.

They should add cup games back on to the season ticket. Maybe add a LITTLE to the price (no more than a £10 for me) but all the cup games should be included. This would mean little income from cup games but would give the supporter the possibility of a few extra games for free. Season tickets would then be seen as a better buy and the club has a higher budget. Any club that budgets on income from cups should expect trouble so the potential loss of cash in shouldn't be a problem. The main bill, player wages, gets paid weekly not per match so the biggest cost won't change due to a cup run, and the reward money and none-season ticket sales would cover basic costs such as floodlights etc.. easily.

Don`t start on that for the area we have a good support.

Man City have had a bad season like ourselves but still have managed to sell more season ticket`s than Ewood`s capacity.

Like Exiled_Rover big catchment area and Rovers hasn`t. But both us and City have had bad seasons and yet City have sold that amount of season tickets and we might not have over 15,000 season ticket holders for next season.

They`ll never add cup games onto the price of the season ticket.

I don`t know if they do this already but if there`s a child under the age of eight years or nine years of age and are going with an adult season ticket give the season ticket to the child for a cheap price or either free.

It`s a good way to encourage young kids to get down to Ewood instead of wearing Liverpool and United shirts.

They should add cup games back on to the season ticket. Maybe add a LITTLE to the price (no more than a £10 for me) but all the cup games should be included. This would mean little income from cup games but would give the supporter the possibility of a few extra games for free. Season tickets would then be seen as a better buy and the club has a higher budget. Any club that budgets on income from cups should expect trouble so the potential loss of cash in shouldn't be a problem.

I hope I am ok to say this, it is straight from JW's mouth...

The reason Rovers don't include cup tickets in the season ticket package is because they could lose an awful lot of money. The ticket sales from cup matches belong to the FA (just considering the FA Cup) and the money is divided between the FA and the 2 clubs. Firstly we dont know how many home cup matches we would get due to the nature of the draw. If the club included say the first FA Cup match in the season ticket then Rovers would effectively be paying for all season ticket holders to watch this match (I know you have said a slight price increase, but I dont think the club would do that or that £10 would be sufficient). If Rovers drew a home ties against, say Rotherham, then you wouldnt expect a big gate and the money would split between the FA and the 2 clubs. Rovers (hopefully!!) would have more season ticket holders than the number Rotherham fans than travel to the match, but the gate money is divided equally between the clubs, therefore Rovers will effectively be giving money to Rotherham!! Maybe they could live with giving Rotherham a few quid, but imagine the situation if we drew Man Utd at home!!! ROVERS WOULD HAVE TO GIVE MONEY TO MAN UTD!!! This would be money directly from the club that could be spent on transfers etc.

I hope that makes some sense and if I have got any of it wrong please correct me, but basically there is no way the club can include cup tickets with the season ticket.

Minus from the 479 the discounts available from the card - make this 3 lots of 5 stickers savings you sixty quid = saving of £4!!

But the above is based on presumptions, I have no idea how many of each Catergory games there is, nor does it include the £1 booking fee for over the phone for each ticket, each game, nor does it include all but guaranteed away tickets, nor the discount on club merchandise.

You mean 15 X £5 = £75

4 X £28 = £102

Total £177

Where have you got those figures from Blueboy?!?!?!

this arguement could rumble on forever and i for one can see both sides of the coin. we the club want as much money as possible to finance our own future without giving it to other organisations. However, i can certainly see it from a fans point of view aswell. offering some sort of domestic cup package in with the season ticket would be more of an incentive, but if we go out in the first round in each case...then fans will only start to whinge and complain as always.

ROVERS FOREVER

You mean 15 X £5 = £75

4 X £28 = £102

Total £177

where is my name mentiond in the above post????

ROVERS FOREVER

You mean 15 X £5 = £75

4 X £28 = £102

Total £177

where is my name mentiond in the above post????

ROVERS FOREVER

Ooooppppssss! Sorry Blueboy! Too busy looking at avatars than ready who wrote the post! huh.gif

So, Duncan...where do you get those figures from?

i'll renew out of loyalty even though I miss 2 or 3 home games per season, the sad thing is that when i can't make no-one is ever interested in utilising the my 2 tickets even on a freebee basis.

there is no easy fix to the attendance problem, and the best we'll get from the club is a price freeze, this however being an income reduction to the club if you take into account inflation at 2.6%.

my thinks another 10% reduction in renewals this season. From talking to fellow season ticket holders many say they will not renew but will attend on a match by match basis.

it is too easy to blame the Club and Williams; what they need are ideas and some meaningful fan consultation although it sounds that we are too late if the next seasons package is already sorted.

wink.gif

tom pringle

best of british for the RAF application

it should not really bother you spending 400 bones out of your wad even if your in the RAF

I did it for 9 yrs, pay for a ticket up front even though I missed a few tinykit.gif

The job i'm going for though, i could be out of the country...alot. So it'd be a bit pointless. If i get in, then i will definately the season after next. Not now though as my training wage will be a bit poo.

On the subject of next years season tickets, something is afoot.

My dad always hands over his book to the turnstile operator to tear out the relevant voucher. Today he was informed that "you won't be able to do that next year, as they're doing something totally different."

Are we going to swipe cards?

My dad always hands over his book to the turnstile operator to tear out the relevant voucher.  Today he was informed that "you won't be able to do that next year, as they're doing something totally different."

More likely RFID rather than swipe in this day and age I'd imagine.

Radio Frequency ID, bit like the stuff that stops you stealing from shops. It's getting more and more impregnated in todays society.

http://www.thenation.com/doc.mhtml?i=20040216&s=garfinkel for privacy geeks like me smile.gif

(Not that I'm implying the club would have sinistar uses for them. It's just where the news comes up a lot).

They are already in very common use in Ski restorts.

Radio Frequency ID, bit like the stuff that stops you stealing from shops. It's getting more and more impregnated in todays society.

http://www.thenation.com/doc.mhtml?i=20040216&s=garfinkel for privacy geeks like me smile.gif

(Not that I'm implying the club would have sinistar uses for them. It's just where the news comes up a lot).

They are already in very common use in Ski restorts.

I would like to think that our morals stop us stealing from shops not Radio frequency ID.

Unfortunately, Blackburn is not the richest or densely populated town in the country (not a put-down, we love it all the more) and so we can't attract such enourmas attendances as other premiership teams. No matter what advertising and schemes we employ, we will never fill Ewood week in week out unless we win the title consecutively.

The major asian population is another serious downfall, we cannot attract these people to the games and I for one wouldn't particularly want them there.

Unfortunately, Blackburn is not the richest or densely populated town in the country (not a put-down, we love it all the more) and so we can't attract such enourmas attendances as other premiership teams. No matter what advertising and schemes we employ, we will never fill Ewood week in week out unless we win the title consecutively.

The major asian population is another serious downfall, we cannot attract these people to the games and I for one wouldn't particularly want them there.

Well I wouldn't particularly want to meet you if you are going to have that sort of blinkered attitude.

Anyone who wants to take the time and trouble to turn up at Ewood Park to support Blackburn Rovers is fine by me.

withstupid.gif Idiot. Try telling that to the two Asian lads sat next to me. Never ever met them before but any onlooking stranger would have thought us kissing cousins when Steadhino dincked Howard.

Anyway back to season tickets. I think it's about time the club employed the stick rather than the carrot. Next season they should allocate one game (preferably high profile) as a season ticket holder only game. That might make some of our potential waverers think again.

My dad always hands over his book to the turnstile operator to tear out the relevant voucher.  Today he was informed that "you won't be able to do that next year, as they're doing something totally different."

I wouldn't be too suprised Modi. Though Glenn calls em something entirely different wink.gif . Wonder if this one'll cause as much interest as the kit debate?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.