BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

INFLATABLES (Tickertape) For Tottenham !

1864roverite

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there was some discussion earlier about where messageboard members will be drinking before, and indeed after, the match - but I'm not sure what, if any, decision was arrived at. Me 'n my sis are going to the match and would like to find somewhere where other fans will be. Can anyone let me know?

I'm really looking forward to the spectacle of hundreds, nay thousands, of inflatables!

tinykit.gif Probably not the right place but just to add to the Rovers from the Beach song thought I would post this here and whet everybody's appetite

(Think I've posted it before on the Songs forum but now extended it)

To Abba's 'Thankyou for the Music'

We have something special, in fact its folklore

We are not a joke you've heard of us before

We have a club a wonderful thing

Everyone listens when we start to sing

We’re so grateful and proud

All we want is to sing it out loud

So we say

Thank you for the Rovers, the songs we’re singing

Thanks for all the joy they're bringing

If you can live without em, we ask in all honesty

What would life be?

Would you rather watch Burnerleee

So we say thank you for the Rovers

And giving them to me

Mother's say we where Rovers before we could walk

They say we began to sing long before we could talk

And we've often wondered, how did it all start?

Who found out that Rovers can capture a heart

Like a melody can?

Well, whoever it was, we are forever a fan

So we say

Thank you for the Rovers…… tinykit.giftinykit.gif

Edited by CAPT KAYOS

Kayos - thought you'd might like to change the first verse, how's about..

"We have something special, in fact its folklore

We don't care what they do in training..."

Just a thought.

i hope people arn't going to be sat down as soon as the ref blows for kick off. worse thing is when your sat behind sum miserable @#/? shouting 'sit down, i cant see'

Oh you opened up a real cans of worms now!

i hope people arn't going to be sat down as soon as the ref blows for kick off. worse thing is when your sat behind sum miserable @#/? shouting 'sit down, i cant see'

why's that!!??

Kayos - thought you'd might like to change the first verse, how's about..

"We have something special, in fact its folklore

We don't care what they do in training..."

Just a thought.

Ah BobF mi old mucka - but then I would be lieing as I do care about what we do in training.

Still want to know whether its whippets/ nags or pigeons laugh.giflaugh.gif

why's that!!??

Ben - if you bring that ruddy air horn and you're in front of me in the ground I can assure you that you won't be able to sit down anyway.

why's that!!??

Only joking.

Just thought it might start up the whole people standing up at games argument again.

Bring the air horn! It will be worth it being taken off you just for one long blast of it!

why's that!!??

Ben - if you bring that ruddy air horn and you're in front of me in the ground I can assure you that you won't be able to sit down anyway.

I've got 2.....! only jokin i think 1 will be enough!

Edited by Ben-2000

Funny how Jordan mentioned the inflatables on April 26th and it didn't get to mentioned on the Official Message Board till the 2nd of May? rolleyes.gif

Not really. The Official Site Message Board only re-opened a couple of days ago with new software after being closed for several months. huh.gif

It's now up and running again.

I know there was some discussion earlier about where messageboard members will be drinking before, and indeed after, the match - but I'm not sure what, if any, decision was arrived at.  Me 'n my sis are going to the match and would like to find somewhere where other fans will be. Can anyone let me know?

Anyone???

I know there was some discussion earlier about where messageboard members will be drinking before, and indeed after, the match - but I'm not sure what, if any, decision was arrived at.  Me 'n my sis are going to the match and would like to find somewhere where other fans will be. Can anyone let me know?

Anyone???

Dito - Anyone at all??

Gilpin's Bell

Spurs is the next map down

Would seem to be the best plan immediately pre-match ...

For those travelling from Central London there are trains from Liverpool Street Station at -10, -25, -40 and -55 past the hour to White Hart Lane station and take 20 minutes. This is probably a better bet than by tube to Seven Sisters which is miles from the ground and even further from this pub. It's in Zone 3 so you need a Zones 1-4 Travelcard.

May well have a couple of warm up shandies near Liverpool Street - quieter / fewer Spurs fans - at around middday and head to the Gilpin at about half one.

EDIT probably << HERE >>

The only other games in London on Saturday are Leyton Orient v Cambridge and Brentford v Bournemouth so there shouldn't be too many other big groups of fans knocking about the public transport system.

Edited by Tris

BTW ignore the above travel instructions if coming from Euston or Kings Cross / St Pancras.

From there, take the Victoria Line north to Seven Sisters and brave the walk, get a bus, or take one of the above overland trains to White Hart Lane station.

From Seven Sisters they leave at -12, -25, -42 and -55 past the hour and it's 4 mins journey.

Arse. I guess London cabbies are gonna make a bit from us then.

I actually posted the map with the Gilpin Bell on it earlier this week, but then realised I couldn't find WHL so I removed it.

I got a bizare message at work today. "Your dad rang, he's got 8 lollypops and is now going hunting for some balls!". Nobody would believe me he was talking about inflatables. smile.gif

IMPORTANT INFO FOR YOU LOT STAYING AT TOWER HILL !

There are no tube services at all this weekend from Tower Hill station

http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/pressreleas...4/towerhill.pdf

Liverpool St is about a 15 minute walk from the hotel, or there's buses 42 78 or 100 from by Tower Gateway DLR station.

Only 5 minutes walk to Monument/Bank or at a push London Bridge station though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.