BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The 'alan Smith' Type

Just watched the Leeds Bolton game and you had to feel sorry for Alan Smith at the end, I personally dont like the guy because of his bullish agression and he's over-rated. But you couldn't help but feel sorry for the guy as he left the field in tears.

Smithy has Leeds in his blood and was truly gutted, I wonder how many of the other Leeds players were worrying about what might happen to the club at full-time, and how many were wandering were they would be playing next season and if they could maybe get a pay rise at their new clubs.

If Rovers are really going into a bit of financial trouble with the fall in attendances etc, then I wouldn't mind seeing a few more of the academy lads who are true rovers fans and would give everything for the shirt. A lack of effort from certain players was very apparent at the start of the season and their are only a select few that I feel really want to play for the club and the shirt when they go out their on a saturday afternoon.

Flitters, Short, Amoruso, Stead, Douglas.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, as much as I feel Alan Smith is hugely overrated and a bit of a lairy , he does give 110% for Leeds and it shows. I do respect players like that and is the main reason I am keen for Tugay to commit to the club for another season.

Was that supposed to be anybody? If you don't feel sorry for anyone involved with Leeds United (meaning the fans and any home grown talents who weren't products of the machine that eventually exploded) then you really have no footballing heart

Well i didn't ecpect my comment to be taken that literally.

It's just that I'm fed up of hearing people say how sad it is to see Leeds go down, what about the other teams who have been relegated, York City Carlisle etc etc.

Players like Smith will still be in the premier league next year with huge paypackets, and the fans have had champions league semi finals etc etc to enjoy over recent years which is alot more than most football fans.

Yes, but it's quite possible that in a year they won't have a club anymore, they won't be very happy then. While Smith is Leeds through and through, I'm sure he'd rather be playing for Leeds (if they were in the premiership) than any other team.

Poor Alan Smith. Now he can throw a bottle or two into the stands for a different team. He's a spoiled player with hardly any professionalism in him. The fact that he cried at full time at the game doesn't touch any heart strings with me. I feel more for Wolves and Leicester going down than for Leeds.

But that being said, Let the rape and pillage of the Leeds squad begin!

Poor Alan Smith. Now he can throw a bottle or two into the stands for a different team. He's a spoiled player with hardly any professionalism in him. The fact that he cried at full time at the game doesn't touch any heart strings with me. I feel more for Wolves and Leicester going down than for Leeds.

withstupid.gif

A typical newbie comment.

Poor Alan Smith.  Now he can throw a bottle or two into the stands for a different team.  He's a spoiled player with hardly any professionalism in him.  The fact that he cried at full time at the game doesn't touch any heart strings with me. I feel more for Wolves and Leicester going down than for Leeds. 

withstupid.gif

So he is a newb because he state's an opinion in a certain fashion that makes you think that he is an inferior member of the messageboard because of his post count mad.gif

Anyway im quite pleased to see leeds go ive never liked them and i just hate things about them like how they have to cheat to win some matches (mainly cos of smiths diving all over the place). To back it up look at the fair play league and see were leeds are dry.gif

Poor Alan Smith.  Now he can throw a bottle or two into the stands for a different team.  He's a spoiled player with hardly any professionalism in him.  The fact that he cried at full time at the game doesn't touch any heart strings with me. I feel more for Wolves and Leicester going down than for Leeds. 

withstupid.gif

Sorry Todd, I didn't mean to insult your girlfriend Alan Smith. But really, the guy plays a GAME for a living and he cries because he's getting relegated? Yes relegation must be a gutting feeling, but its not like his playing career is over with. At any rate, if he'd have given his all throughout the season, maybe he wouldn't be in this position...I doubt it, but you never know...

withstupid.gif

The irony.

I feel for Smith as a fan of Leeds, but the club as a whole, including Smith, just havent been good enough. Man City have avoided relegation largely due to Anelka's 16 or so goals, something Smith is capable of, but just never did. He tried 110%, which is great, but he never chanelled it into what he shoudve been.

withstupid.gif

Sorry Todd, I didn't mean to insult your girlfriend Alan Smith. But really, the guy plays a GAME for a living and he cries because he's getting relegated? Yes relegation must be a gutting feeling, but its not like his playing career is over with. At any rate, if he'd have given his all throughout the season, maybe he wouldn't be in this position...I doubt it, but you never know...

Guys, this is the kind of stuff that no one likes reading, so let's not degrade ourselves into flinging personal insults at each other.

Sorry to get this thread back on topic, but whether or not you like Alan Smith or Leeds, you can't deny that the guy really cares about his club. Yes, he'll still be in the Premier League next year, and yes, he'll still have a nice paypacket, but his sorrow is real and you can't deny that.

A great picture, LeChuck, one that really says it all for Smitty.

No offence mate but if you had ever gone through a relegation yourself you would realize what a depressing and debilitating process it is. I wouldn't wish it on any club and i certainly wouldn't act so cavalier about Leeds relegation just because you may have some half-arsed grudge against the club.

Don't forget it wasn't that long ago that Rovers were relegated.

withstupid.gif

There's probably only a handful of players in the world who give their all more than Alan Smith.

I saw Smith crying earlier......I turned to my wife and said " thank god that isn`t Stead"

I saw Eddie Gray distraught earlier.....I turned to my wife and said " thank god that isn`t Souness "

Leeds, Wolves, leicester....all the same to me.....goodbye,don`t care, aslong as it isn`t us.

No offence mate but if you had ever gone through a relegation yourself you would realize what a depressing and debilitating process it is. I wouldn't wish it on any club and i certainly wouldn't act so cavalier about Leeds relegation just because you may have some half-arsed grudge against the club.

Don't forget it wasn't that long ago that Rovers were relegated.

Yeah I remember our relegation not too long ago and it was gutting. And to say my grudge is half-arsed is probably true. Aside from Smith's petulance and Viduka's half-assed commitment, I don't have much against 'em. But to think I'm laughing at the team as a whole isn't correct...Just at Smith. But relegation is part of the game and while it may be an unfortunate side-product of a season's worth of crappy play, it happens. So please get over yourselves if you think I have no sympathy for Leeds fans, because I do. Its Alan Smith who I don't have any sympathy for, mainly because he'll be making his money and in the Premiership next season, so why should I feel sorry for him? Now if he knew he was going to be in the First Division all year next year. I'd feel for him. But that isn't going to happen, now is it?

withstupid.gif

Yes he is a Leeds player, but he's also a Leeds fan. He is feeling just as upset as the people in the crowd were. Maybe an extra part of the upset for him was that he knew that relegation was going to force a choice on him, leave his hometown club or sacrifice his international ambitions.

Grrrrrrrr...so angry at that! mad.gif

Alright. I see this is going nowhere and I'm sorry I stated my opinion about Alan, because it seems that the poor lad (as well as some of the board members) is having a tough time with this whole relegation thing. If he stayed with them for one more year to try and get 'em back into the Premiership, I'd eat my words and gain some respect for him, but he won't. So until then, get off it and let Smith eat some humble pie.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.