BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The 'alan Smith' Type

Defoe is a natural goal scorer you can tell that buy watching him.

he reminds me of Ian Wright.

I agree smith has determination but skill I disagree.

its only because of his determination that he gets all the recognition

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defoe is a natural goal scorer you can tell that buy watching him.

he reminds me of Ian Wright.

I agree smith has determination but skill I disagree.

its only because of his determination that he gets all the recognition

I agree with all your points there.

Smith is bit like Savage although I do think Smith has abit more skill than Savage. They both don't give up and it will be interesting to see where Smith plays for United - either behind Van Nistlerooy or Saha or in midfield like he did for a short period at Leeds.

Just been browsing through the Leeds messageboard.

Understandably, they're not too happy with Smith's Red Scum betrayal.

But they're not quite as vitriolic as I'd imagined them to be. Personally if I was a Leeds fan I'd be spitting blood.

Anyway, here's a selection of views from some of the Leeds supporters....

* This is just the final kick in the teeth for me after the worst season a fan could have expected. Smith to manu??? Some of the others that have made the journey across the Pennines have the excuse of not really knowing what it means. I think Smiths career could go backwards with this choice (but probably not his bank balance).

* How sickening would it be if the first goal he scored for Man U he then kissed the shirt. Alan Smith can never come back, once he puts that scum shirt on he will never , ever be involved in any capacity whatsoever at leeds.. Alan Smith will never be welcomed back. The lad will be forever sullied and will become a scum player in the eyes of the majority of Leeds Fans at Elland Road for years to come. As Billy Bremner's memory is idolised Smith will be proportionately villified.

* He was quoted in the past as saying the one club he could never play for was manu. He was quoted a few months back as saying he would play for leeds even if they were in the first division. He has always been styalized in the past as "the leeds fan on the pitch". HOW COULD HE DO THIS TO US???????

* Just another kick in the teeth for Leeds fans. I am gutted and extremely dissapointed that he could commit the ultimate betrayal. You were such an idol that the fans were prepared to forgive you leaving, and wished you luck in whatever you did next. EXCEPT THIS. You could have been a legend. Instead, it will be a footnote.

* Now excuse me for a minute, Isnt this the same Alan Smith who has always been a leeds fan and always will be??? Smith is a liar. Football is a game of two halves, money and greed.

Edited by Anti Euro Smiths Fan

* How sickening would it be if the first goal he scored for Man U he then kissed the shirt.

We all know how that feels, don't we boys and girls?

Although there's not the same antipathy at Ewood for Chelski as there is at Elland Road for United.

I think this is the most pertinent one from Smithy's list:

* He was quoted in the past as saying the one club he could never play for was manu. He was quoted a few months back as saying he would play for leeds even if they were in the first division. He has always been styalized in the past as "the leeds fan on the pitch". HOW COULD HE DO THIS TO US???????

Can't blame Alan Smith one bit. Loyalty is nice but at what cost, if you are ambitious then surely there is a fine line between loyalty and plain old stupidity. He's a young man with the cahnce of a great future why oh why would he want to waste it, he wants to pit himself against top players and play with top players no shame in that.

Can't blame Alan Smith one bit. Loyalty is nice but at what cost, if you are ambitious then surely there is a fine line between loyalty and plain old stupidity. He's a young man with the cahnce of a great future why oh why would he want to waste it, he wants to pit himself against top players and play with top players no shame in that.

Don't know what there problem is- have they all forgot what HE said in his earlier days - in that he is a Spurs Fan!!!!

Can't blame Alan Smith one bit.  Loyalty is nice but at what cost, if you are ambitious then surely there is a fine line between loyalty and plain old stupidity.  He's a young man with the cahnce of a great future why oh why would he want to waste it, he wants to pit himself against top players and play with top players no shame in that.

That's true, but the fact of the matter is that Smith could have commanded big wages anywhere. While a natural desire for success is tied up in the move, that argument falls apart when he insists that he would have stayed at Leeds (hardly frontrunners for silverware) had they stayed up.

Edited by Rovermatt

Alan Smith has hired a bodyguard to protect him. Not such a hardman after all is he?

He can run, but he can't hide away from me forever.

One day I'll catch up with him.

There's a good article in today's Times about football's nauseating bunch of badge kissers.

user posted image

Apparently, ITV pundit Andy Townsend was one of the first to start the trend of badge kissing when he was a midfield player at Chelsea.

Shortly afterwards he moved clubs to Aston Villa....

Linke to that article here: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,8304-1126713,00.html

• Guest unlocked this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.