Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, beaten to it. Who would be our ideal candidates ?. I suggest:

1. Chris Waddle

2. Michael Knighton as owner/manager

3. East Stirling's manager

4. Roddy Collins

5. Tony Cottee

6. John Still

I think Eric Black, recently dumpped by Coventry could get it though.

1. Chris Waddle

4. Roddy Collins

5. Tony Cottee

6. John Still

Brian Kidd!

Pity Mr Turnip didn't get the poor old Dingles relegated though.

1. Chris Waddle

4. Roddy Collins

5. Tony Cottee

6. John Still

Brian Kidd!

Pity Mr Turnip didn't get the poor old Dingles relegated though.

Yeah, I think it would have happened next season, especially if Robbie Blake left. I discounted Kidd, as he's physically ill, not mentally ill right now. Even he doesn't deserve that fate.

Stanleh really should have seen this coming. After all he was advised by the more knowledgeable Rovers fans on 01/04/2000 "Resign, you might as well resign"

laugh.gif

Can't see anyone else doing much better on a budget that would make a shoestring look affluent.

So the season's not even over yet and that's Little and Stanleh out of the door already.

Any comment from our resident Burnley wit sam dingle?

As long as they get in someone who's name fits into:

I went to an ale house I used to frequent.

I met Sammy Ternent his money was spent.

He asked me to play. I answered him nae.

'cos I'll hate Burnley B*stard's 'till my dying day.

etc etc.....

Doesn't matter who they get.

Even Sven, Arsen or Sir Alex couldn't win games with what they've got. biggrin.gif

Stan summed it up on 1st April 2001.

"It always disappoints me when I lose football matches. But I've already told you, if I have Mini and you have a Ferrari there's only one winner."

Ternent actually did a good job at Burnley- left them a division higher than where he found them. Keeping them up was a decent performance for a club that could sometimes not find enough players to fill the subs bench.

Ternent did very well at Bury, taking them up two divisions to the First.

The reason he probably wasn't handed a new contract is that he was supposedly on big money (well...for Burnley!!) and also that he seemed to have a tendency toward head butting his own players.

Lord only knows who'll they'll get in. How about Gazza?????

What on Earth have they got rid of Ternent for?

He's one of the few things they had going for them. They've got rid of him, Little's going, Blake could be going.

I'm loving it.

wink.gif

Actually I remember listening to one of those radio phone-ins a while ago when a Burnley fan rang up and he was saying that a lot of fans expected Ternent to be gone at the end of the season. Apparently he resigned after a game and was talked into taking it back and staying just to the end of the season. So it may have been a mutual consent kinda thing.

The LET said last night that Little (inspiration for the "Little for England" chants of bygone years at Turf Moor) had agreed terms with Reading for a free transfer this summer.

We should be having a look at their bright young thing Chaplow. Doubt they'd too happy if we took away their great white hope.....

Edited by FourLaneBlue

Time to put in a £500,000 bid for Chaplow with Blake thrown in to carry the kit.

Hope the Chaplow bit is a joke? Doubt you've seen him play much but trust me he's not a premiership player by a long shot.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.