BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Todd

I struggle to see how it can be said that without Andy Todd we would have gone down.If you look at his 11 appearances he made for the club from Jan 2004 onwards,we lost 7 of them(with two also being draws).In fact from October 2003(which was after his loan return from burnley) and until the end of the season,he made a total of 21 appearances and again we lost 13 of those games(with 3 draws and 5 wins).I believe it a stretch to say we would have gone down without Andy Todd.A better statement would be we almost went down with Andy Todd,who left us in our hour of need due to an ill advised response to bad news.I believe we will be fortunate indeed to recoup our investment in this fellow.

I agree...he only looked good because he managed to refrain from making Tiny and (early) Amo like mistakes. He's barely Premiership quality, we're better off without him and his ego.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WE SOLD OUR SOUL AS A CLUB AND WHAT BLACKBURN ROVERS STAND FOR THE MINUTE WE DID A DEAL WITH B*****Y BY HELPING THEM STAY UP(THE POINTS TODD SAVED THEM DID THIS!!!)MCEVELEY TOO.......GET RID OF CLARET WEARERS ASAP!!!!!!WERE TARNISHED!!!

According to 'The People' sports column, our great summer clear-out comprises of names I've never heard of down at Ewood..

No mention of Todd, Yorke etc. going

Story Here

That's because it's a list of players either released or out of contract. Neither Todd nor Yorke has been given a free transfer. The Rovers names on the list are players from the academy who the club feels aren't going to develop into good enough players for us.

WE SOLD OUR SOUL AS A CLUB AND WHAT BLACKBURN ROVERS STAND FOR THE MINUTE WE DID A DEAL WITH B*****Y BY HELPING THEM STAY UP(THE POINTS TODD SAVED THEM DID THIS!!!)MCEVELEY TOO.......GET RID OF CLARET WEARERS ASAP!!!!!!WERE TARNISHED!!!

It's that infernal noise again. mad.gif

so roversicks its good to help burnley is it,I happen not to like the scumbag dingles and i dont think its right that we helped them stay up.

if i upset you i am sorry ,reallly really sorry

from the heart of my bottom!!!!!

For me our club comes first and if McEverley needs to go out on loan to Bumly for him to become the successor to Grey then so be it. I'd rather he went on loan elsewhere but getting Jay to a decent standard is the most important thing.

For me our club comes first and if McEverley needs to go out on loan to Bumly for him to become the successor to Grey then so be it. I'd rather he went on loan elsewhere but getting Jay to a decent standard is the most important thing.

a decent standerd at THE TURD ......yea right whatever laugh.gif

There's a difference between rivalry an abject (and foundationless) hatred. It's funny, but Old Firm fans (yes, them again) seem to be the only ones to get castigated for taking rivalry 'too far' becuase religion is drawn into the equation. But, hating a club to the extent that you hate people from the town just because of where they're from, isn't that just as bad? And compromising the future of one of our brightest young stars because we can't bear to see him at such a club? Ridiculous. Personally, i've never met a person from Burnley, but all joking aside it doesn't make them bad people (well, except for the BNP ones...).

There are some very good players on that list of people without contracts. Kanu would be a good signing for anyone, as would Okocha or even Keown for a season.

Souness should be having a look at picking up some experience for a year to allow the youngsters, particularly the defenders, to come through.

I have to say, that whilst Abbeys views are as ever extreme, I'm with him. What on earth were the club thinking loaning players to Bumley? Loan them to PNE, Blackpool, Bury, even Accrington Stanley, but Bumley? Do they not think of the fans at all?

I have to say, that whilst Abbeys views are as ever extreme, I'm with him. What on earth were the club thinking loaning players to Bumley? Loan them to PNE, Blackpool, Bury, even Accrington Stanley, but Bumley? Do they not think of the fans at all?

Am I alone in thinking that owing a debt of gratitude to BRFC is the biggest humiliation that a Dingle could suffer! smile.gif

It's that infernal noise again. mad.gif

Jay was so upset by having to go there on loan that he staged a self inflicted injury just to get back to Ewood... tinykit.gif

I really like the irony of Burnley doing well as a result of our lending them players.

I'd prefer the irony of them being relegated as a result of our lending them players.

That probably wouldn't be irony though, just as a successful undercover mission. Infiltrate and destroy. Personally I wouldn't be surprised if that was the original plan but Andy "Thicko" Todd had to mess it up. Not for the first or last time....

Special Agent McEveley was injured in action and couldn't complete his mission.

Whoever gets him for the suggested asking price (750k) will be getting themselves the bargin of the season.

That's true. The only question is for how long before he has another fit. Papers claim that we're looking for the price we paid for him, we paid Charlton the 750k asking price however since we've paid them two extra installments based on the clause in the deal. So are we asking for more than 750k or will JW sell him for whatever we pay for Matteo - just to free up the space.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.