BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

David Dunn Q&a

Paul

As a complete surprise to us all Alan got a Q&A session with Dunny. he would have posted it before the game yesterday if the MB hadn't crashed. I'm posting this 'cos Alan isn't around but ALL the credit goes to Alan for getting the interview.

I was really pleased to see Dunny got a good reception at half-time yesterday. smile.gif

As you know, in an attempt to create a closer link between supporters, prior to each game we attempt to get the views of the opposition supporters in the form of a questionnaire plus predictions on the outcome of the game ahead.

Just for a change, I approached a Rovers supporter playing for the opposition, and I’m pleased to say that David Dunn responded to the questions set.

I know a lot has been said about events surrounding Dunny’s transfer to Birmingham, but I hope on this occasion you will give him the credit for sparing the time to respond to fellow Rovers supporters.

What was the first Rovers game you watched ?

Not sure of the game, just remember Ossie Ardilles and Steve Archibald playing.

Which Rovers game stands out in your memory as a Rovers supporter ?

When Shearer scored against Man Utd or the play off final against Leicester.

Which Rovers game stands out in your memory as a Rovers player ?

Worthington Cup Final v Spurs

Who during your lifetime has been the best Rovers player ?

Alan Shearer and Gordon Cowans.

What was your worst moment as a Rovers supporter ?

Getting Relegated

What was your worst moment as a Rovers player ?

Getting Relegated

Who was your room mate on away trips at Rovers, and did he snore or have any strange rituals ?

Martin Taylor……………I just cant get rid of him.

Who is the biggest joker in the Rovers squad ?

Graeme Souness

Do you read supporters internet web sites, and if so have you ever read the fans message board on this site ? (www.brfcs.com)

Yes, once or twice, but most don’t have any idea about football so I don’t anymore.

What are your plans for the summer ?

To get my injury sorted out for good.

If Rovers had needed a point to stay up, and Birmingham were given a last minute penalty on Saturday, would you take it and if you did would you hit it over the stand ?

No, I would take it because its my job to do so. But Brad knows where I put them anyway HA HA.

Any suggestions for Burnley on who they should appoint as their new manager ?

Not bothered

Prediction for Saturday ?

1-1

Any other comments ?

Glad that they stayed up, I was worried for a while.

Good Luck

Signed. David Dunn

David, If you do read this, thanks again.

Alan.

Thanks for that, Alan.

Nice to see Dunny again, I miss the blighter. It must be nostalgia at the end of another season huh.gif

Had to laugh at this:

Do you read supporters internet web sites, and if so have you ever read the fans message board on this site ? (www.brfcs.com)

Yes, once or twice, but most don’t have any idea about football so I don’t anymore.

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Graeme Souness

Hmmmmm.....

Somebody couldn't resist a pop could he?

One thing is for sure, we'll never see Dunn back in blue and white halves while Souness is at the club.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

nice one alan. I stayed late at the end of the game yesterday and dunny managed to make a quick exit without being noticed, well thats what he thought anyway, he just jumped straight into is g/f's car who is the girl out of emmadale managed to get a quick pic of her to wink.gif

I hope on this occasion you will give him the credit for sparing the time to respond to fellow Rovers supporters.

Yep, credit to him and also to Alan for setting it up.

Ouch!

We're not that bad are we?

Well getting lashed up in Club Tropicana with your squeeze from emmerdale isn't going to help (He was there last night) dry.gif

And who were the apologists who applauded him when he did the half-time draw? ohmy.gif

"And here to present the draw is an unfit, lazy young man who threw his toys out of the pram and ran away rather than work hard to prove his manager wrong and stay at the club he supposedly loves...........it's David "Who ate all the pies" Dunn"

Morons begin applauding!!!!!!!!!!!! blink.gif

Graeme Souness

Prediction for Saturday ?

1-1

Answer 1 laugh.gif

Answer 2 ohmy.giflaugh.gif

Answer 3 dry.gif Smart arse - bet he didn't back Cole at 6-1 though did he?

Well getting lashed up in Club Tropicana with your squeeze from emmerdale isn't going to help (He was there last night) dry.gif

And who were the apologists who applauded him when he did the half-time draw? ohmy.gif

"And here to present the draw is an unfit, lazy young man who threw his toys out of the pram and ran away rather than work hard to prove his manager wrong and stay at the club he supposedly loves...........it's David "Who ate all the pies" Dunn"

Hmmm well that must make me a moron then. Oh well i'll just continue to appreciate the efforts he put in for us.

Well I can understand when Dunn says that he doesnt read football message boards.

He didnt have to do the half time draw, in fact he didnt even have to attend the game.

He was there as a Rovers supporter and had the curtesy to do the draw.

And if he was out with his girl on Saturday, so what the season is over.

Hmmm well that must make me a moron then. Oh well i'll just continue to appreciate the efforts he put in for us.

Yes i agree i think you are being just a little bit childish paul, ok i can understand your anger at him leaving us and it is totally your opinion but there is absolutely no need to lay into him about his personal life as long as he his putting it in on the pitch and performing well (when he isn't injured) then their can be no complaints. We have had a season without him, so now we can move on and forget about him and concentrate on our players and next season.

Nice to see he still has a sense of humour! You have to say it is quite worrying that he dislikes Souness to that degree, it is a real rarity for a manager to rile so many of his players. On the other hand Souness has done a lot more for the club.

On the top of my summer wishlist is for Graeme to acquire some humility (and some kind of tactical long term plan!), im sure the likes of Wenger or Strachan would of been able to (or at least striven to) nurture Dunn's talent rather than alienate it. Losing David has not been a huge blow, but in terms of what he could have been it was deeply sad.

ps. what pedant has put in this "like you could have paid more attention in school" nonsense? Is it neccessary?

Edited by joey_big_nose

Yes i agree i think you are being just a little bit childish paul, ok i can understand your anger at him leaving us and it is totally your opinion but there is absolutely no need to lay into him about his personal life as long as he his putting it in on the pitch and performing well (when he isn't injured) then their can be no complaints. We have had a season without him, so now we can move on and forget about him and concentrate on our players and next season.

huh.gif Excuse me but I haven't made any comments of the sort. I just posted the thread. I'd like to see Dunny back at Rovers, while he's at Birmingham or anywhere else I have very litle interest in what he does other than when he's playing against the Rovers.

I applauded him. I thought David proved himself a class act, atleast as a person, by agreeing to do that. As well as filling out this questionnaire for us.

Full credit to Alan, excellent stuff.

Now you've set me off again.

I was in floods of tears at half-time, AND during his Radio Rovers interview. What a waste, letting him go.

And as for "blue and White Army". If you're the wassock sitting behind me who holds forth about all things football (and thinks Graeme Souness is great) Jeff Kenna doesn't get into the Brum squad any more because HE PLAYS FOR DERBY!!!

Me too.

Dunny had the balls to walk on the pitch when the fans COULD have booed him to make the HT draw. I think he deserves credit for that.

And who were the apologists who applauded him when he did the half-time draw?  ohmy.gif

Me too.

Dunny had the balls to walk on the pitch when the fans COULD have booed him to make the HT draw. I think he deserves credit for that.

I do wonder though if everyone was outside when he came out and not getting a pint if he would still have received the same reception dry.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.