BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Ticket Prices

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent news for all!,the club deserve a pat on the back....still dubious as to the fact that JW expects season ticket numbers to rise though.

''Last season, season ticket sales actually fell by 1,500 after a campaign in which the club had finished sixth in the Premiership and qualified for Europe.''

Still beggers belief doesn't it sad.gif

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

And it took them all that time just to freeze the prices, they should have started selling them weeks ago. But it is a good deal for rovers fans.

And what would be the point of starting selling them earlier?!?

Don't you think the distinct smell of relegation would have put any casual fans off being tempted?! The loyal fans will obviously buy one regardless.

And it took them all that time just to freeze the prices, they should have started selling them weeks ago. But it is a good deal for rovers fans.

Don't you think the distinct smell of relegation would have put any casual fans off being tempted?! The loyal fans will obviously buy one regardless.

If you put them on sale early you get an head start. And have more time to sell them , which gives people more time to think about wether they want one or not.

Look at burnley they have already sold 8,000 s/t.

If you put them on sale early you get an head start. And have more time to sell them , which gives people more time to think about wether they want one or not.

Look at burnley they have already sold 8,000 s/t.

A 'head start'?!? laugh.gif

Burnley did it purely for financial purposes, nothing to do with selling more tickets. They're so desperate that they pay people to go knocking door to door in Burnley asking people to buy them (seriously!).

You either want a season ticket or you don't, a few weeks wouldn't have ,ade any difference. It's clever marketing and value for money that will sell Rovers season tickets, simple as.

It's also a case with the dingles that if you buy before a certain date you get a discount (couple of sheep and a turnip or something). I reckon they'll probably sell somewhere in the region of another 2000 between now and August - they're hardly going to sell more just because they're on sale earlier. I mean it's still rubbish whenever you buy it - "Is tha goin t'turf?" - "Ney lad - not sin thay stopped doin t'football".

Anyway good news for us. Think I paid £380 for the BBE last year. It ain't cheap but they could have snuck another ton on there and I'd have still got one (don't tell Williams). Obviously there are thousands who wouldn't have I know that. Hopefully we won't lose too many ST Holders this season.

A season ticket holding Trotter I know had his go up 20% to £480.00 last week. Still doesn't Sam do well with all these loan deals and free transfers - they mustn't have to pay them much in wages at all.

They're so desperate that they pay people to go knocking door to door in Burnley asking people to buy them (seriously!).

Sounds like a good idea to me. Rather than relying on the punters to buy get out there and convince them to buy or at least find out why they won't.

Due to a change in working hours (no more weekends! thumbs-up.gif ) & the sensible decision to freeze season ticket prices....i think i shall be taking up the offer 'as soon as'.

tinykit.gif

thats a fantastic bit of news

credit to Rovers.

Now if only they can press on with the proposed signings then there maybe that chink of light that suggests to potential ticket buyers to take the plunbge and get our numbers back up.

tinykit.gif

Absolutely brilliant news for the club, I was down there this morning stocking up before the shop closes down, got some very good bargains too biggrin.gif

Unfortunately I really cant see us attracting many more fans, simply because of were we are located etc. But every credit to the club for trying, JW does his best every time, and we have to be the most supporter friendly club in the league by far!!!

tinykit.gifrover.gif

Rovers will unveil a host of new offers aimed at increasing the number of season ticket holders, including a reduced payment direct debit scheme, junior season tickets at £70, a special family ticket, and discount off matchday magazines.

Hopefully Lee's news will elborate on this, if what I've heard is true it'll make the deal even sweeter.

and discount off matchday magazines.

Hum, I haven't bought a programme in years, maybe now I have an excuse.

Great news that they’ve frozen the prices of the tickets. To be honest I think it’s more that the club have realised that they aren’t getting enough fans through the gates.

We’ll never attract thousands to fill Ewood week in week out. The hardcore fans will pay the amount to watch their team, I’ll pay most prices but there’s got to be a point where it has to stop at a reasonable amount.

I’m glad they’ve done what they have done, hopefully everyone will renew and perhaps there maybe a few who become season ticket holders for next season.

Selling season tickets early? Doesn’t make sense to be honest. The club did this in the summer of 1996, where they sold them all early and then sold Shearer a week later.

I don’t care when they sell the season tickets, as long as they’re priced for good value and there isn’t a huge loss in sales, which now I they won’t.

Hopefully next season, we’ll get value for money.

I can see it being an "interest free" system payable to the club.

Like you stu the missus has already saved a round 450 as that was the expected price. Now she can go and buy some more shoes and a handbag as well as my ticket !

makes sense dont it rolleyes.gif

I can see it being an "interest free" system payable to the club.

Like you stu the missus has already saved a round 450 as that was the expected price. Now she can go and buy some more shoes and a handbag as well as my ticket !

makes sense dont it rolleyes.gif

Ah but surely intrest free would a. Cost the club and the cost would have to be absorbed into the ST price and b. Be abused by people like me who could pay up front, but choose not to ?

Hypotheticaly of course.

I still feel that there more fans out there who would love to come to games but are put off by the ticket mechanism at Ewood.

Is it totally out of the question that a cash only turnstile be started at the ground so that the casual supporter could come down pay his money and gain access without the performance of ringing up 4 days in advance to collect your ticket from an ice cream van parked next to Jack Walkers statue?

Will the introduction of a swipe card alienate the casual fan even more?

As a season ticket holder I applaud the club for freezing prices for next season, I just think the interest is there in so many more fans to come to matches.

I still feel that there more fans out there who would love to come to games but are put off by the ticket mechanism at Ewood.

Is it totally out of the question that a cash only turnstile be started at the ground so that the casual supporter could come down pay his money and gain access without the performance of ringing up 4 days in advance to collect your ticket from an ice cream van parked next to Jack Walkers statue?

Will the introduction of a swipe card alienate the casual fan even more?

As a season ticket holder I applaud the club for freezing prices for next season, I just think the interest is there in so many more fans to come to matches.

There's very few matches were you can't buy tickets on the day; however, you do need to go to the ticket office to perform this task. Yep, it's a bit of bind if you're coming from the Darwen end, but from central Blackburn or Livesey Branch Road, you almost have to walk past it to get to any part of the ground.

For the non-season ticket holder, from what Glenn's said in another thread, there will still be tickets, but they will be read via technology and not have some couldn't-care-less youth reading the Sun ripping off a piece of the ticket.

Edited by Modi

Why not make it pay on the turnstile for the whole upper tier of the Darwen end for the low key games against the likes of Charlton,Saints, Fulham etc where low away following's are expected?.....surely worth a try to see what the responce would be.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

A price freeze was really the only viable option for the Club after the sort of season we've had but fairplay nonetheless.

However this will only be of benefit if we actually strengthen this close season. The benefits of the price freeze will soon be forgotten if we see Friedel and/or Ferguson and/or Cole heading for the exit door this summer.

(Still can't understand why the club are surprised attendances dropped after selling Dunn and Duff.)

Of even greater significance though is what the club are hoping to do with the direct debit scheme and with a bit of luck they really will deserve praising on that front.

Why not make it pay on the turnstile for the whole upper tier of the Darwen end for the low key games against the likes of Charlton,Saints, Fulham etc where low away following's are expected?.....surely worth a try to see what the responce would be.

How difficult is it to actually go and buy a ticket from the TO prior to the game. The cons of the 'cash on the turnstile' option far outway the very few extra supporters (if any) it might bring.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.