BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Ticket Prices

Why not make it pay on the turnstile for the whole upper tier of the Darwen end for the low key games against the likes of Charlton,Saints, Fulham etc where low away following's are expected?.....surely worth a try to see what the responce would be.

How difficult is it to actually go and buy a ticket from the TO prior to the game. The cons of the 'cash on the turnstile' option far outway the very few extra supporters (if any) it might bring.

used to be always pay on turnstyle.....miles easier.

does the freeze include my lads free u8's? hope so wink.gif

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A price freeze was really the only viable option for the Club after the sort of season we've had but fairplay nonetheless.

However this will only be of benefit if we actually strengthen this close season. The benefits of the price freeze will soon be forgotten if we see Friedel and/or Ferguson and/or Cole heading for the exit door this summer.

(Still can't understand why the club are surprised attendances dropped after selling Dunn and Duff.)

Of even greater significance though is what the club are hoping to do with the direct debit scheme and with a bit of luck they really will deserve praising on that front.

Rev you always seem to beat me to it!!

No surprise to me either on this account - but will it be enough for the loyalists? Will be interesting to see the details of the D/D scheme

Still have my doubts unless some major (fresh) incomings happen rather than outgoings except for the dross (see ya later Emerton).

JW-Bit of advice - how about having a word with Souness about win bonuses when negotiating deals with players - no win and only basic wage - win and your pockets will be filled - and if they don't like it then tough luck, we don't want you - only players that are prepared to sweat blood and guts for the shirt - just a thought rather than overpaid mercanaries. Maybe then you might see a bit of more response from the paying public.

Roll on Rovers - this summer could determine our next 5 years.

Souness - THE ROVERS FANS EXPECT - will you deliver??

Controversial - maybe - but needs to me said.

rover.gif i still predict we will be down on last season's ticket sales,happen a few other board menbers should do as i did last year,i bought a extra child ticket and brought several of juniors friends along during the season,from that one father and son are going to be 1st time season ticket holder's this year,it's alright bleeting about the clubs negativity towards our poor attendance's[premiership wise]but we as fans have to do our bit. tinykit.gif

I can't praise highly enough the people working behind the scenes at Ewood because they're doing a terrific job on all fronts.

Whilst attendances and ticket prises are rising around the country, at Ewood ours are falling on both counts which is very disappointing indeed.

Let’s hope the fans show as much desire to take Blackburn Rovers forward, by buying season tickets, as the people running the club. If nothing else we should sell as many season tickets as last season but I fear the worse.

Simple fact is that you can now more than ever before buy tickets on a match to match basis so why do people need to pay £400+ just before the summer holidays.

Great news for all supports lets hope its not thrown back in John Williams and his colleague’s faces.

If nothing else we should sell as many season tickets as last season but I fear the worse.

Not too sure about that Gav.

We saw only one really good performance all season on the opening day of the season and a solid game against the red scum. Home performances weren't particularly good in 2002/3 either. A lot of people are going to want a lot more reason than that for forking out £400.

Realistically season ticket sales will fall but hopefully these measures will reduce the bleeding, then the club must set about winning these punters baxck with improved performances on the pitch.

I can’t see how the number of season ticket holders will rise just because the prices of tickets have remained the same.

Like RevidgeBlue says really only two games have stood out. Wolves, come on, we were playing a team who were below average.

This season hasn’t been good enough, especially home performances for what ever reason, the club intelligently have realised that supporters aren’t going to pay more next season than this.

The end of season wasn’t too bad but overall it was poor for what the fans pay. It’s an expensive hobby to follow, £20 a ticket, maybe more, food, drink etc, it all adds up.

New fans will come and purchase season tickets, but their will be fans who don’t renew for what ever reason. I know a lot of supporters who didn’t renew after we finished sixth, so I dread to think how many won’t for this season.

I doubt the club will go back to the 'cash at turnstile' system and the bad old days of unscrupulous turnstile operators letting their buddies in for nowt, or creaming a few quid for themselves. Plus I remember around 1990 a turnstile operator being mugged outside the ground when he was taking his money to the main office.

Simple fact is that you can now more than ever before buy tickets on a match to match basis so why do people need to pay £400+ just before the summer holidays.

Great news for all supports lets hope its not thrown back in John Williams and his colleague’s faces.

Gav - you've answered the problem there in one swoop.

After the season we have had - at Rovers people know they can always buy tickets match by match 99% of the time and no more so likely that next season. So unless there is some major scoop(s) signing, people will probably see how the season pans out upto Xmas, and dependent on the remaining fixtures at home IMO we may well see an upturn in the 1/2 season tickets if the season is looking promising.

As I have said previously as many others, the Board and JW especially had better be prepared for a shock re the S/T sales

As my better half said - what use is a £50 off travel voucher to you?

CK reply - 'Ah but it depends on how long its valid for! could use it for Europe (next season)- but knowing Rovers probaly only upto Dec 2004'

Personally Rovers fans are not bothered about what other clubs do with their prices so long as they feel theirs is worth the price - somehow freezing the price IMO will not attract any more fans.

Edited by CAPT KAYOS

To put our prices into perspective; a pal of mine went to watch Chorley Rugby League play Workington yesterday. I think they play 3 or 4 leagues down from Wigen etc.

Any Hoo he paid £9!!!!!!

Makes my £270 a season an absolute snip tinykit.gif

somehow freezing the price IMO will not attract any more fans.

Especially as the majority of people decided that the current price was too high even after finishing 6th.

Singing deadlegs like Dickov will not help.

Edited by Blue and White Army

Anyone received a pack yet?

It's getting beyond the soddin' joke that at this rate we won't have received the application form before the start of June!

Modi,

So what?

The new season doesn't start until early August. There's another ten weeks to go.

CALM DOWN

It's getting beyond the soddin' joke that at this rate we won't have received the application form before the start of June!

Modi,

So what?

The new season doesn't start until early August. There's another ten weeks to go.

CALM DOWN

To be honest I think that they should have been sent out already.

I’m keen to transfer my current seats to areas N01 or N02 in the Blackburn End and wondered if anyone had an idea what date you are able to transfer to different seats?

I’d expect 14,500 at the most for next season’s season ticket holders if that.

Living in Colne, I have first hand experience of how the dingles are pushing season ticket sales. (And boy do they need them!). : Door to door leaflets, as someone already suggested we should do, radio adverts, sacking of manager, ( Didn't think much of that one.), getting Tony Livsomething, on Radio Lancs to "Promote Burnley interests" (Interesting one that. Livsey and stan, have an erm, good friendship going.)

My point is, this side of East Lancs, the dingles are doing all the pushing. Rovers fans, and there are many here, are sat in the dark, unless someone tells them of this famous blue/white site.

Time Rovers did a bit more pushing this side of Burnley.

My point is, this side of East Lancs, the dingles are doing all the pushing. Rovers fans, and there are many here, are sat in the dark, unless someone tells them of this famous blue/white site.

Time Rovers did a bit more pushing this side of Burnley.

I don't think many Rovers' fans will be changing their allegience just because Burnley have stuffed a leaflet through their doors.

I don't suppose it will work the other way either.

Modi,

So what?

CALM DOWN

And what if you're away for a large chunk of the renewal period, including when the application pack arrives?

What will any potential season ticket buyers think when Rovers are the last club in the Premiership by far to issue packs?

Will the club be able to process 14,000 applications and get them out in advance of the season starting?

It's just very shoddy.

It might be better had the club formally announced what they intended to do and the timescales - why they couldn't do this after safety was assured is beyond me.

People worry, they might be going away and not want to miss their renewal so they can keep their seat etc.

And by the way I dont consider an article in the LET an "announcement" about season tickets, why cant it be put on the web site if its all been sorted?

I don't think many Rovers' fans will be changing their allegience just because Burnley have stuffed a leaflet through their doors.

I don't suppose it will work the other way either.

No, but many of those that might percieve going to footy is expensive ala Chelsea prices might realise that it doesn't cost that much to go watch Rovers play in the same league.

There's so much ignorance among people out in this great land about going to football and that's why they don't goto footy. One way of educating these people is by posting leaflets to as many people as possible to let them know about the "low cost" in watching Premiership footy.

Wow, post arrived this morning.......................

A post card from Rovers............First Class.........

So what does the card say.

MORE TO SHOUT ABOUT

Well this coming season Blackburn Rovers Football Club is committed to giving you the loyal supporter top flight football at an affordable level.

Your Season Ticket Application Pack detailing this seasons offer will arrive any day soon

Claim-Your-Own-Seat Deadline Saturday 19th June

I hope no one is away during the next 3 weeks.

Why not just send out the application pack, and stop wasting postage

I received one too as well.

I wouldn’t expect the season ticket application forms/renewals to come out for at least another week and a half no matter what the form actually says, I wouldn’t take their complete word for it.

I guess they’ve sent it to fans so that they can almost spread the word through the flyer in hope to gain more season ticket holders, that’s the only reason I can think of however I don’t think it’ll work in seeing more fans wanting season ticket holders.

Anyone know when you can transfer your seats?

It states, "Adult season ticket from £13.16/game"

What was it previously?

tinykit.gif

Edited by roversismylife

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.