BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Ticket Prices

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, post arrived this morning.......................

A post card from Rovers............First Class.........

So what does the card say.

MORE TO SHOUT ABOUT

Well this coming season Blackburn Rovers Football Club is committed to giving you the loyal supporter top flight football at an affordable level.

Your Season Ticket Application Pack detailing this seasons offer will arrive any day soon

Claim-Your-Own-Seat Deadline Saturday 19th June

I hope no one is away during the next 3 weeks.

Why not just send out the application pack, and stop wasting postage

I'd imagine they are trying to get the renewal forms out as fast as they can. Why wouldn't they?

It's probably this new-fangled card system thing designed to speed things up that's slowing things down.

I'd imagine they are trying to get the renewal forms out as fast as they can. Why wouldn't they?

It's probably this new-fangled card system thing designed to speed things up that's slowing things down.

That's a good point Nuclearsox! I am not bothered how soon they get them out, so I cant understand what people are making a fuss about. But, if we are getting the new system then it seems silly to have competed application forms hanging about Ewood while they wait for the new system to be ready so they can process them. I am sure people would be more upset if the club took your money, then you didnt get your new card or whatever for a month or two.

I am not bothered how soon they get them out, so I cant understand what people are making a fuss about.

My point is > to reserve your seat you have to return your application by the 19th June. Yet they havent sent the application pack out yet.

Wow, post arrived this morning.......................

A post card from Rovers............First Class.........

So what does the card say.

MORE TO SHOUT ABOUT

Well this coming season Blackburn Rovers Football Club is committed to giving you the loyal supporter top flight football at an affordable level.

Your Season Ticket Application Pack detailing this seasons offer will arrive any day soon

Claim-Your-Own-Seat Deadline Saturday 19th June

I hope no one is away during the next 3 weeks.

Why not just send out the application pack, and stop wasting postage

Sorry nuclear - but how the bloody heel does the new fangled system delay getting out the renewal packs

It is without doubt , Rovers would have already had things in place for the new system ages ago - and if they didn't, then that is just amateur.

My theory is they were still pondering what the package would be - which again I find amazing due to the fact that if I am not mistaken, JW stated that they had prepared for relegation a couple of months back.

However, who are we to know as we can only speculate unless advised otherwise, what is clear though, is, it would appear the majority would rather the renewals are sent out earlier rather than later.

Edited by CAPT KAYOS

I am not bothered how soon they get them out, so I cant understand what people are making a fuss about.

My point is > to reserve your seat you have to return your application by the 19th June. Yet they havent sent the application pack out yet.

I didnt realise that date had been announced. Where has that officially come from? Why would the club put that date out if they knew they werent going to get the renewal packs out in time?!

I didnt realise that date had been announced. Where has that officially come from? Why would the club put that date out if they knew they werent going to get the renewal packs out in time?!

Just spotted the date on the back of the postcard (10.45 is early for our postman!!). Strange that they put 'the application pack will be out soon, but if you cant wait call the ticket office now!'

That looks like either, there is a problem at their end with getting stuff ready, or they are responding to people panicking.

Lack of communication, blind optimism of the sort all management people have with regard the length of time getting stuff done takes. More likely they had decided on the date good and early so that people would know and so could avoid going on hols just at that time, and then forgot to change the renewal date when the card system implementation was delayed.

Sorry nuclear - but how the bloody heel does the new fangled system delay getting out the renewal packs

It is without doubt , Rovers would have already had things in place for the new system ages ago - and if they didn't, then that is just amateur.

My theory is they were still pondering what the package would be - which again I find amazing due to the fact that if I am not mistaken, JW stated that they had prepared for relegation a couple of months back.

However, who are we to know as we can only speculate unless advised otherwise, what is clear though, is, it would appear the majority would rather the renewals are sent out earlier rather than later.

They will be waiting for the card manufacturer to produce a prototype with R.A. Sealdinho as the name so that it can be photographed in order to appear in a nice glossy picture in the expensively-produced renewal brochure that nobody reads.

Or they will be waiting for instructions on how the new card system will work to be printed to try to entice a few gadget freaks to sign up just to try it out.

Or they are just amateur.

Maybe all three.

UPDATE

Just spoken to the ticket office.

The packs have arrived at Ewood and ALL Renewals will be sent out either tomorrow or Saturday.

With anyone on the Mailining List either Saturday or early next week.

The direct debit scheme is basically a ten month interest free payment method with the first payment being taken on 1st July. The deadline alan said earlier of the 19th June is correct for seat renewals.

Interesting to hear what Williams has had to say about the season tickets coming up.

He isn’t stupid and knows that the club’s attendances are relatively poor compared to other clubs in the Premiership and realises that we have had a poor season, so the solution to the problem is to cut prices down to get people to renew and others to come.

But say if we have a good season coming up, will they increase the cost of season tickets?

Probably.

THE FREEZE IS ON

The direct debit scheme is basically a ten month interest free payment method with the first payment being taken on 1st July.  The deadline alan said earlier of the 19th June is correct for seat renewals.

By that they mean it's 10 monthly intrest free payments, not buy now .. pay in 10 months.

So all those who can't the the cash together just before/after an expensive summer holiday. You don't have to !

Hopefully, this should get a few extra bums on seats, mainly from those that can't afford one big lump sum and don't want to pay a surcharge for paying by DD.

Hats off to the club on this one.

justed like the new kits last tinykit.gif

What ? You mean like a major part of the deal, pulling out at the 11th hour, leaving Rovers in the lurch and seeking a replacment without losing out financially ?

No ?

So, NOTHING like the shirts then ?

Other than them not being ready when people want. Possibly through no fault of the clubs ?

I SURE last year Rovers DID bring out the ST package much earlier than normal, and everybody whinged about it becuase they had to stump up the cash much sooner than expected ?

Glenn Posted on May 27 2004, 12:33 

QUOTE (yorkblues @ May 27 2004, 11:36 )

justed like the new kits last 

What ? You mean like a major part of the deal, pulling out at the 11th hour, leaving Rovers in the lurch and seeking a replacment without losing out financially ?

No ?

So, NOTHING like the shirts then ?

Sorry Glenn I'm being thick here, what has actually happened with the kit?

Excellent news on the interest free direct debit front, really well done to the club on this one.

I shall be taking advantage of it and upgrading to a more expensive seat.

Just hope that the offer is in place permanently and not withdrawn at a later date.

Surely now, no-one can use price as a major excuse for not buying. Poor performances maybe but not price.

Sorry Glenn I'm being thick here, what has actually happened with the kit?

I'm sure there'll be a postcard dropping through our letterboxes any day now announcing details of the announcing date of the announcement on the new kit deal just to generate a bit of interest before the real thing.

Surely now, no-one can use price as a major excuse for not buying. Poor performances maybe but not price.

That's just it Rev

Last Season people thought we where paying too much anyway, and we had just finished 6th.

What it is the be-all - is value for money which a majority of Rovers feel they are not getting at the moment and that some players should not be allowed to wear the shirt unless they show that they actually give a damn.

As I have said earlier, unless there are some major scoops made by Souness in the transfer market or some sounds coming out of the club that we are setting our stall out to win some silverware next season - then I can only say 'the horse has already bolted' (no not Yorke) and the club cannot be surprised if the s/t uptake is down yet again.

The direct debit scheme is basically a ten month interest free payment method with the first payment being taken on 1st July.

Before everyone gets carried away, regarding interest free. There will be a charge for direct debit payment.

Ive spoken to the ticket office, and whilst the girl I spoke to didnt have full details regarding direct debit charges, if you check the official site it does state that.

Reduced payment direct debit scheme

I would hazard a guess that there will be a monthly admin fee for any direct debit payments.

The direct debit scheme is basically a ten month interest free payment method with the first payment being taken on 1st July.

Before everyone gets carried away, regarding interest free. There will be a charge for direct debit payment.

Ive spoken to the ticket office, and whilst the girl I spoke to didnt have full details regarding direct debit charges, if you check the official site it does state that.

Reduced payment direct debit scheme

I would hazard a guess that there will be a monthly admin fee for any direct debit payments.

The girl I spoke to said the payments for a new season ticket holder woould be £41 per month x 10. = £410.

She said there was no charge for the direct debit. I have no reason to doubt her, in fact she put me on hold to go and get one of the packs to read the info from.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.