BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] How Far Will England Get

How far will svens men get this time round, After the Japan performance (if you can call it that), I thought OOOOHHHHH NO ohmy.gif , But after the Iceland game i felt abit better about our chances mind you who are Iceland blink.gif

I think if we can get a draw with the french (hoping 12 of there squad get injured in training), Then we can make it through the group if not then il be getting worried.

If we do make it through then it all depends on who we get and who isnt injured, I dont think we will win it but i think realisticly we should get to the quater's.

I obviously like the rest of us hope we win it but i dont think we will i think itll be the french AGAIN....

What do you all think.....

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

England will come either third or fourth in the qualifying group.

A nation which has been hanging onto the coat-tails of a World Cup victory some thirty eight years ago (the only competition it has ever won,) will go back into its shell, sulk, and not bother about the rest of the results.

The self-deception of the English footballing supporting public is fantastic (in its original sense.)

Keep them St George's flag flying out of your car while you can. You all know deep down that the only way England progressed in Japorea was down to Likkle Michael diving like a skua when gently brushed by a hairy Argentinian thigh.

If anyone here suggested that Rovers would win the Premiership next season they would be laughed to Lisbon and back. It's the same. Get a grip folks.

Are you a jock Colin ?. You seem to take an odd liking to saying that England are rubbish. I think we'll get to the 1/4 finals, then lose.

Re ah: Thanks. That's Spain and Portugal's group isn't it ?. Both of those would be hard to say the least.

Edited by Billy Castell

Are you a jock Colin ?. You seem to take an odd liking to saying that England are rubbish. I think we'll get to the 1/4 finals, then lose.

We are though! Although we beat Iceland 6-1, our defence was bloody shocking at times. Paul Robinson looked a tighter and sharper option to David James but SGE won't have any of it.

We'll beat france, draw to Switzerland and lose to Croatia and still go out.

We're crap.

England will beat France and will then drop 3 gears and scrape through with tight results against the two poorer sides in the group.

By this time there will have been enough trouble attributed to England followers that UEFA will be discussing kicking us out of the tournament anld allowing one of Croatia or Switzerland through.

This won't happen for two reasons. The rich English game - way beyond the rest of Europe - and the huge presence of England fans pumping money into the Portuguese economy are far too important for UEFA to consider the final drastic option. Besides which, if that option were taken I'm quite sure that even normally placid travelling England fans would seperate Portugal from Spain and tow it into the Atlantic Ocean.

So we'll probably meet the hosts or Spain in the quarters, and as usual faced with meaningful opponents outside the safety of the group structure, we'll capitulate - probably on penalties.

England will come either third or fourth in the qualifying group.

A nation which has been hanging onto the coat-tails of a World Cup victory some thirty eight years ago (the only competition it has ever won,) will go back into its shell, sulk, and not bother about the rest of the results.

The self-deception of the English footballing supporting public is fantastic (in its original sense.)

Keep them St George's flag flying out of your car while you can. You all know deep down that the only way England progressed in Japorea was down to Likkle Michael diving like a skua when gently brushed by a hairy Argentinian thigh.

If anyone here suggested that Rovers would win the Premiership next season they would be laughed to Lisbon and back. It's the same. Get a grip folks.

What a pep talk laugh.gif

I don't think we can win it this time, mainly because we don't have a left winger and our defence appears to be down to the bear minimum (Terry/Ferdinand/Southgate/Woodgate.....Todd biggrin.gif ). I do, however, think we're good enough to get to the quarters at least and with a bit of luck the final. Our strongest part of our game is in shreds (the defence), we've just got to hope our two remaining WC players can turn it on thumbs-up.gif

Well we seem to have some strange thoughts like we will win but we also seem to have some realists in aswell i agree with 1/4 finals although thats if we get through 2nd round because thatll be a test

I don't think we can win it this time, mainly because we don't have a left winger and our defence appears to be down to the bear minimum (Terry/Ferdinand/Southgate/Woodgate.....Todd biggrin.gif ). I do, however, think we're good enough to get to the quarters at least and with a bit of luck the final. Our strongest part of our game is in shreds (the defence), we've just got to hope our two remaining WC players can turn it on thumbs-up.gif

Good point with terry struggling aswell not going to be easy

We're gonna win, I can feel it...

Let go and concentrate on the thread.

Not gonna get past the group stages.

Sad to say I have to agree their.

Look at our group, both France and ourselves are considered to go through. France for me will win it. As for us I’m not entirely convinced from the games that we have just played that we’ll go through as easy as some people are saying that we will.

Japan we were appalling and against Iceland we played well for half n hour or so but Iceland were incredibly weak.

We rely too much on Owen scoring the goals. And as for Rooney I’ve never seen a more over rated played hyped up by the media. Ok so he puts himself about a bit and scores great goals now and again. But his general play is poor. His movement and space that he puts himself in is brilliant his touch and passing needs to improve heavily.

He doesn’t deserve a place in the squad he didn’t get into double figures and yet he’s still going to Portugal.

We’re not good enough, France man for man I’d say are better than us. I predict we’ll underestimate a team like Croatia and lose, end up like Euro 2000.

imo qualifying to the knock out stuff is far from a formality, and I think that the upshot will be the back of the two-faced overated Swede complete with a mega mega bucks payment that he successfully and gratuitously negotiated just a couple of moths ago. dry.gifdry.gif

The FA shouldn't have capitulated but should rather have agreed to pay an absolute Kings ransom if we were to be successful.

With Terry looking very doubtful know for Sunday’s game to me it’s a sign of a major blow for us. Terry has played brilliantly alongside Campbell in past England games and has developed a great understanding together. Terry played well against Iceland and showed he can be a threat when attacking too.

With Campbell taking Henry I think Henry will win it for pace against Campbell.

Carragher to replace Terry if he doesn’t make it? Really can’t see him being the dominant player against Trezeguet although I maybe wrong.

Terry running out of time

We're gonna win, I can feel it...

Let go and concentrate on the thread.

Not gonna get past the group stages.

ditto.....david james ,ian YOU GOTTA BE ###### TO PICK THIS CLOWN IN YOUR SQUAD LET ALONE YOUR PUB TEAM wak.ler........heskey.....hope im wrong but ,you know what i think on sven.

heart says win......head says 3 in group.

Ive posted this on a nother Thread not noticing this topic (oops) however can anyone remember the last game, shown exclusively on ITV, that England won. Coz I cant for the life of me. I remember a lot of loses and draws but no wins.

We're fourth favourites with the bookies - due to the amount of money that is put on England you can take it that the odds have been shortened somewhat - so we're probably 5th / 6th favourites, which to me suggests we have a chance.

I've got it all mapped out - it seems obvious.

Sunday 13 June 19.45 - France 1 England 1 - Beckham penalty.

Thursday 17 June 17.00 - England 2 Switzerland 0 - Owen, Rooney.

Monday 21 June 19.45 - Croatia 0 England 1 - Lampard.

We qualify in second place because of goal difference (France beat the Swiss 6-0)

Thursday 24 June 20.45 - Spain 1 England 2 - Scholes, Rooney. (UEFA try, but fail, to expel England from the tournament after this game as 1. They realise we have a chance of winning it and 2. There is a disgraceful incident in one of the bars after the game when an England fan drops, and smashes, his pint glass. The fan pays for another pint and pays for the broken glass but it is too late as the pub is surrounded by 300 riot Police. Sven arrives on the scene. He calms the Police down and says in that cool way of his, with a cheeky smile, "Don't be so silly, it's not a big deal" - peace is restored and all is soon forgotten)

Wednesday 30 June 20.45 - Holland 0 England 1 - Beckham Free Kick.

The Final - Sunday 04 July 20.45 - France 2 England 4 - Owen hat trick, including one that may have crossed the line / may not - but it's given by the Russian fourth official (who wasn't even looking) and Gerrard.

Either that or we'll not even qualify from the group. Anything could happen. Law of averages suggests we're due to get to another final one day. Why not now?

but it's given by the Russian fourth official (who wasn't even looking) and Gerrard.

If we can award ourselves goals I forecast a memorable but controversial tournament wink.gif

Looking forward to the tournament as a whole. If England progress I shall get more excited as the team gets closer to the final. I have a horrible feeling what we may see is likely to come from one of these areas, in no particular order:

1. Stuffed by France followed by days of media hysteria on how we might manage to scrape through in second

2. England fail to qualify from the group - cue SGE out, etc etc.

3. "Fans" riot and England are expelled - cue media coverage the like of which we have never seen

4. Were England to be thrown out "fans" devastate a Portugese town - which is probably the only reason UEFA won't risk this sanction

Saying that I'm envious of all of you who are travelling and hope you have a fantastic time.

imo qualifying to the knock out stuff is far from a formality, and I think that the upshot will be the back of the two-faced overated Swede complete with a mega mega bucks payment that he successfully and gratuitously negotiated just a couple of moths ago.  dry.gif  dry.gif 

The FA shouldn't have capitulated but should rather have agreed to pay an absolute Kings ransom if we were to be successful.

Agreed TND

2nd in the group at most.

An overrated team hyped up by a media ready to shoot them down as soon as the final whistle goes against France. A team going into the tournament totally disorganised without any balance, a manager who doesn't know what team or formation to pick and with players that shouldn't even be there. And a country 'deluded' by the upturn of the sale of little flags purchased by the majority who have never taken any interest in football whatsoever, and feel its "just trendy" to fly flags from their cars.

Oh and nearly forgot some players who think they are better than they actually are, especially Gary Neville who thinks we can win in with Souenss's mate 'lady luck' for christ sake.

Get real people we haven't got a cat in hells chance of winning it.

But hey that's what football is about - expect the unexpected. tinykit.giftinykit.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.