BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Going To Be A Long Cold Season

Oh dear I can't believe people still think that Amo is a good player.

Anyone who saw him play in Scotland would have seen he has no pace at all. He often has lapse of concentration and gets dragged out of position.

And hes performed well without pace, infact was a revelation when he came back from injury. Hes my first choice defender anyway.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who's asking for real pace, some would be nice!!

surely if you are having to push forward then its fairly obvious the def has to move up the park instead of leaving a massive gap between them and the mid. That then funnily enough leaves a space behind to exploit, easy enough when one of the long haired grannies needs two new hips and has to rely on bringing attackers down or holding or blocking, or did i just imagine him doing that every time i saw him.......

did Bolton have much pace?

Liverpool?

Man U (apart from Rio)

NOT REALLY

Yet another thread where someone who doesn't subscribe to the "Everything is perfectly alright, the first 34 games of last season didn't happen, I can't hear you, LA LA LA...." is responded to with either disdain or personal attacks.

I actually think ptholt is arguing his case rather well; unlike the case for the defense which seems to rest on:

- Thompson will be a) fit, cool.gif a central midfielder, and c) good

- Emerton will be a) a winger, cool.gif able to beat a fullback, c) score the odd goal

- Ferguson, post a major injury will a) replicate the form of his last three games, and cool.gif not the form of his first 20

- Cole will be a) here

- Our posse of over-30's will not be a) a year older and slower

- Souness a) won't fall out with and ship out another couple of decent performers, cool.gif will refrain from brainless 3 at the back substitutions, and c) will suddenly play a balanced team that can beat the no-hopers coming up from Div 1

Not convinced myself.

I'm tempted to agree with the original poster but I'll wait and see if Souness can pull some better rabbits out of the hat before I give him my first literary broadside of the new season.

Dickov and Matteo, two over-age never-wasses, relegation fodder doth make I'm afraid.

I'm tempted to agree with the original poster but I'll wait and see if Souness can pull some better rabbits out of the hat before I give him my first literary broadside of the new season.

Dickov and Matteo, two over-age never-wasses, relegation fodder doth make I'm afraid.

just like Bolton last season then eh?

I will just say that over and over, infact EVERYONE say it in their heads

Bolton

Bolton

Bolton

What a stupid topic, whoever wrote this topic (and i dont care wot your name is) you need to get a grip mate.

Dickov was wanted by nearly half the league, and we managed to sign him for less than £200k, thats approximately 3% of Emile Heskey's transfer fee to Brum, and I would put money on Dickov coming out on top next season.

Matteo was hailed as being one of the best defenders in the country before Leeds's downfall, and on his day is as good as anyone.

Both players will give 100% regardless of the situation, and thats what every fan wants to see.

Lets not forget that the spending is also far from over, we are still intrested in Pedersen, and have two brilliant midfielders coming back from long-term injury who are effectively new signings.

Roll on 2004-2005.

tinykit.giftinykit.gif

Granted amo coming back did help when we needed it, but frankly something had to make things better and personally it was more steads contribution than amo's.

If four good games over the course of a season make you a good player then even dwight yorke could scrape together four good games erm maybe.

Rven during those four games the guy is a liability, he cant turn, he cant run, he can mark occasionally when he remembers to, but worryingly has to rely on holding, pushing, blocking and bringing em down which over the course of a season will hurt us, even in those 4 games he was having to be bailed out lots by his partner and several times he had to resort to bringing people down when the ball was already beyond him.

four good games at the end doesnt really make up for 20 lousy ones at the start....

Granted amo coming back did help when we needed it, but frankly something had to make things better and personally it was more steads contribution than amo's.

If four good games over the course of a season make you a good player then even dwight yorke could scrape together four good games erm maybe.

Rven during those four games the guy is a liability, he cant turn, he cant run, he can mark occasionally when he remembers to, but worryingly has to rely on holding, pushing, blocking and bringing em down which over the course of a season will hurt us, even in those 4 games he was having to be bailed out lots by his partner and several times he had to resort to bringing people down when the ball was already beyond him.

four good games at the end doesnt really make up for 20 lousy ones at the start....

I take it you watched the matches on the radio. huh.gif

funny how when your views or concerns don't sit well with others they have to resort to getting personal, sad really, obvisouly not many posters here work for the samiratans lol, but life would be boring if we were all the same, specially if it was red rose tinted like many on here tongue.gif

half the league were after dickov?

which league was that? dr martins? southern central?

i read an awful lot about who fancied having dickov, think it amounted to about 3 clubs who were relegation battlers last season, including us. Sad reality is he's a battling journeyman, like several others who drift from relegated club to relegation prospects each close season.

I take it you watched the matches on the radio. huh.gif

No, on sky or portuguese sport channel (live prem footie on a saturyday!) or highlights on itv, but certainly not whilst wearing the blinkers many here seem blighted with.

Ask any rangers fans if they want amo back........

jim has this about right, the acquisition of Dickov and Matteo wouldn't particularly affect our prospects either way. Squad fillers rather than a significant improvement on what we have already.

With the Pederson deal looking increasingly doubtful (Would he be the answer anyway?) we can only hope there are still one or two slightly more exciting irons in the fire.

Yet another thread where someone who doesn't subscribe to the "Everything is perfectly alright, the first 34 games of last season didn't happen, I can't hear you, LA LA LA...." is responded to with either disdain or personal attacks.

Now you're being totally unfair EIT.

It was only the first 32.

Then we won four and mentally went on our summer hols early for the last two.

Get a grip you sad no lifers - hardly anyone has made any signings yet, give Souey a f'in chance!

As it is, Dickov is a great signing for the price, what is £100,000 these days? He's only going to be 4th choice striker anyway!

We do have a few over 30's in the sqaud but who doesn't? You need the old heads, especially in key positions like central defence. And how can anyone call Amo crap, he was an inspiration at the end of the season. Seem to remember he had one of the most exciting and skilful young players in the country, Wayne Rooney, in his pocket at Goodison.

We've signed Dickov but we also signed Stead last season, Gally was brought into the first team, Douglas has just signed a contract, Andy Taylor has signed professional terms recently, Jay McEvelely will be back as well as Thompson, Ferguson, Emerton, Johannsson and Neill who are all relatively young.

We've got a squad with an excellent blend od youth and experience, something which Souness has always strived for and will continue to do, and which got us 6th place and won us the League Cup. Last season we had to take a step back for various reasons but this will enable us to take two steps forward next season whith whal should be a great squad.

COME ON YOU BLUES!

Got to agree with you on that one KMH. Why is it that signing someone over 30 is such a bad thing? As long as Dickov is just a support striker it's a great signing to have someone with his experience who might give a toss about the place if he plays.

Not going to slate Amo until he's had a decent run in the team free from injury. It can't be a coincidence that we win 4 games on the bounce with him the team so I'll leave judgement until next season.

With a few more additions think we'll have the right blend of youth/age to have a respectable season next year (and hopefully a cup run to shout about).

we can only hope there are still one or two slightly more exciting irons in the fire.

It's easy to say that, try think of a couple of exciting players that could sign for Rovers and i come to 0! we have put our expectations to high for signing we are not going to get players with better abillity than the players we have now.

yes Amo the bloke a two legged tortoise with piles and ingrowing toe nails could outrun even if it gave him a 100 metre head start.

you say in another post that you watch most games. now i presume that this is on tv because as you say...you are in portugal??

how many games have you NOT seen? as since he has been back in the side and free of injury, amo has been very good. nobody can deny that.

as you say it is tv based matches or hightlights via sky/itv/local sports channels, tho must be a helluva coincidence he looked so poor just on televised games or the sections shown in the highlights, maybe he gets nervous when the cameras come on smile.gif

Ask any rangers fans if they want amo back........

I work with 4 Rangers fans, 2 of them season ticket holders

All four of them would welcome Amo back tomorrow

rover.gif  Are you waggy in disguise  tinykit.gif

I was going to say "Are you Rover6 in disguise?"

Good point. The spelling was actually above the standard of an 8 year old. Rover6 it is.

Why is everyone in disguise? Is it a fancy dress do? Nobody bothered to tell me so I'll just have to go as FourLaneBlue... unfortunately....

Didn't you get the letter from Rovers? They've asked all supporters to be in disguise before they announce the major signings and the new kits, later this year. Until then, you'll have to hide your head in a brown paper bag and where a black bin liner so that the media and rival clubs won't be able to suss who the new signings are and what the kits going to look like.

It's part of Rovers groundbreaking PR plan to cover up the major leak after an emergency Fans Forum meeting.

I work with 4 Rangers fans, 2 of them season ticket holders

All four of them would welcome Amo back tomorrow

Its a funny old game isn't it, i used to live near Glasgow so know lots of gers and hoops fans, most of them roll over laughing whenever anyone ever mentions him, its a funny old game init.

Actualy no it's a yet another thread where somebody decides to make a name for themselves by being 'controversial' knowing full well the response they will get. A poster that has watched highlights last season but has come over all mystic meg and already can tell us what kind of a season we will have next year.

Even Jim is prepared to wait till the first couple of games next season.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.